HW Forums upgrade

sakiqc

Personally, I don't like having six or seven posts in a single quote, it bogs down the page a lot. I mean, if you're following the thread, you only need to quote the person you're directly responding to. No need to have the entire thread in every post.

just delete the overquotes when you post, takes 2 seconds. I think if i get in vacation and come back on a post i use to follow, i'd like to have that instead of reading 4 pages...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just delete the overquotes when you post, takes 2 seconds. I think if i get in vacation and come back on a post i use to follow, i'd like to have that instead of reading 4 pages...

I do, but that doesn't prevent me from having to scroll through everyone else's mega-quote posts. I'm spending more time scrolling through quotes than I am actually reading the topics. Can we set a limit to like 2 in-quotes per post or something? I mean, there is no real need to quote so much of a conversation. Quotes are there for you to make sure people know what you're responding to, after two in-quotes, I'm sur people know exactly what you're talking about.

I mean, if you really need to quote three or four posts within each other, it's not that hard to do with a little cut and pasting. Quoting 1/3 of a page worth of quotes ought to be the exception, not the rule. There is really no need for it.

I do, but that doesn't prevent me from having to scroll through everyone else's mega-quote posts. I'm spending more time scrolling through quotes than I am actually reading the topics. Can we set a limit to like 2 in-quotes per post or something? I mean, there is no real need to quote so much of a conversation. Quotes are there for you to make sure people know what you're responding to, after two in-quotes, I'm sur people know exactly what you're talking about.

I mean, if you really need to quote three or four posts within each other, it's not that hard to do with a little cut and pasting. Quoting 1/3 of a page worth of quotes ought to be the exception, not the rule. There is really no need for it.

It would be fairly enough.

And by the way : the little scroll-wheel on a mouse isn't the best invention ever? :clap::clap:

Once you had the scroll-wheel, you can't go back with the old mouse, just like High-speed Internet.

I reverted the quote settings to the previous one. The test has been inconclusive. The new setting would have been useful in large threads, but it's more annoying than improving the board.

• 2 weeks later...