Don Lever comments on his players

Easy Ryder

you can take a look at this article very interesting.

I like to read Lever coments he is a good seller of his players, he makes them confident in their capacity to perform.

http://www.caldercup.com/news/caldernews/i...?article_id=104

Some comments

About CareyPrice

“Here’s a kid who had pretty much zero experience at this level, took over the starting role in the playoffs, and hasn’t looked back,” Lever said of Price who is 10-4 with a 2.24 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.

“Considering that he basically played only junior before the playoffs, you have to be pretty impressed with the job he’s done.”

“I tell you, this kid is one calm, cool cucumber,” Lever said. “His mental toughness immediately earned the respect of his teammates and he’s been a calming presence back there.”

Let’s just say, and this is no knock on them, but if I’m Jaro (Halak) or (Cristobal) Huet, I’d be ready for a real challenge in training camp,” Lever said

About Locke

His work ethic has been really unbelievable in the playoffs and that’s what we’ve noticed most,” Lever said of Locke. “We didn’t see that as much in the regular season, which is common with junior players coming up for their first season. But now that he’s doing all the little things, he’ll be even better.”

About Milroy

Duncan may not be scoring as much in the playoffs, but he’s a good defensive player too and he’s been contributing that way,” Lever said.

On Milroy linemates Grabovski and D'agostoni

That line brings a great combination of skill and hard work and we’re just waiting for them to take off,” he said. “Grabovski is such a good passer and D’Agostini... I don’t think enough people know about this kid. He’s been a great all-around player and really stepped up for us.”

On Chipchura

“He was huge in Game 1 of this series and has made big strides this season,” Lever said. “I really think this kid is coming into his own here. He’s grown a lot on and off the ice

On O'byrne

This is a big, mobile kid, who when he hits, you feel it and remember it,” he said of the 6-foot-5, 228-pounder

Glad that Don's looking after things for the farm; He has done a great job with the kids and if his performance keeps up; I won't be surprised if he get a coaching position in the NHL soon. With the rise of younger teams in the league there will be need for a mentor style coach.

Great reviews on the players from someone who sees them day in and out and has the pulse of his players. Go DOGS Go!

Edited by Chips