Great Article on O'Byrne

Bacchus

Line up O'byrne with Streit next year and we'll have a great cheap 5-6 defensemen pair.

Markov and Komo number 1-2

The problem is to find number 3-4. The players we have are paid high salaries to do that job but can't do it.

If he's not NHL ready (and it looks like he's not) then he's better off being a leader in the AHL than a 6th defenceman in the NHL.

If he's not NHL ready (and it looks like he's not) then he's better off being a leader in the AHL than a 6th defenceman in the NHL.

I have no problems with a d rookie making mistakes in Montreal but giving all he can and improving, instead of a 30 years old + making

blind pass, not physical and always lose battle in the corners.

At any age a player will have to adapt to the NHL speed and skills. Why wait when you know your team is not gonna be stellar but

just fighting for a playoff spot ?? The year that the young players will be well rounded is the year that we will needsome superstars

to get us at the stellar level. Were not there yet and if we don't trust our prospect to improve next year were screwed for another 5

years.

Would be awesome if he can step in quickly, though I always have reservations about rookie D-men. He sounds like the type of guy we could really use, so I'm excited about him. I have a feeling, though, he'll spend another year in Hamilton working on his offensive game. From what I've heard, he has a lot on untapped potential there.

I think O'Byrne would have to have a monster camp to make the top six at the beginning of the year. I think the organization isn't expecting it. More likely he'll be a call up and maybe part of the roster by the end of the year. Of course I'd love to get proven wrong by O'Byrne's great play.

I actually think he has a pretty good shot at making it. The reasons are:

1. Souray will be gone

2. BG has to move Bouillon, Dandenault or Streit. All soft players and small. The D needs a shakeup.

3. The same D next will result in no playoffs again.

4. O'Byrne is physical, pretty good skater, decent passer and reliable in his own end.

Boy i hope your wrong. This could be the softest D in the league.

Bouillon may be small, but he's certainly not soft. He's a tough little son of a gun. I'm hoping he'll be much improved this season. They always say it takes 6+ months after you return from a knee injury to be 100% again. He's a guy who needs to be 100% in order to be effective, to make up for his size.

The problem with the vets and the core is everyone always says wait, he'll improve and they never do. He does hit well against the boards but otherwise he is prettyt much worthless.

I wouldn't say our D is soft. Bad, maybe. But Komisarek, Boullion and Souray are physical. Streit atleast works hard. He's not a big hitter but he atleast isn't scared of anyone. And Markov doesn't hit much but he doesn't really have to since he uses his stick so well. Dandenault doesn't really stand out for me anywhere. Neither does Gorges,

Stret is not soft and when he played forward he really improved his hitting which was evident in his defensive game he was much better in the corners and in front of the net as the season went on. Bouillon and Dandenault both had terrible years I would love for Franky to be gone but I will just hope he improves and doe snot start the year injured.

C'mon guys. It's true those guys throw a body check every now and again, Streit does work hard but they lose way too many 1 on 1 battles, get knocked off the puck way too easy. Therefore that is why they are soft. Plus you can't have a D core of smurfs.

See No Playoffs unless the D changes significantly and I think OByrne will be there.