Official UFA Signing Thread

Mr. Nasty

The Edmonton Oilers have made a huge splash in restricted free agent pool.

Sources tell TSN that the team has signed forward Thomas Vanek to a seven-year, $50 million contract, a signing that carries a price tag of four first round picks as compensation to the Buffalo Sabres if the team chooses not to retain him. The Sabres have called a news conference for 12:30pm et/9:30am pt to address the news.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212929&hubname=

Oh my goodness :unsure:

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources tell TSN that the team has signed forward Thomas Vanek to a seven-year, $50 million contract, a signing that carries a price tag of four first round picks as compensation to the Buffalo Sabres if the team chooses not to retain him. The Sabres have called a news conference for 12:30pm et/9:30am pt to address the news.

The Sabres HAVE to match......... :wacko:

WOW! This is big! Its really happened, an RFA is signed! Who will the Oil give up for this, Not sure if Vanek is worth that much. Good Grief, 4 First Round Picks! Too much to give up in my books.

Leafs sign goalie Scott Clemmensen to a one year contract. I'm guessing he will get 3 à 3.5 million ;)

I'm starting to worry if I'm Raycroft :lol:

Leafs sign goalie Scott Clemmensen to a one year contract. I'm guessing he will get 3 à 3.5 million ;)

No one will take him so the Leafs will haave to waive him or buy him out same with Gerber and the Sens unless they are willling to throw in a pick or player (prospect) for freee.

No one will take him so the Leafs will haave to waive him or buy him out same with Gerber and the Sens unless they are willling to throw in a pick or player (prospect) for freee.

If Toronto gives Habs their 2008 + 2009 1st round draft picks Habs should grab him. :hockey:

Markov and Shanahan are still out there. I know Gainey said he's done and we don't really have the capspace but either of those two would be amazing.

Markov and Shanahan are still out there. I know Gainey said he's done and we don't really have the capspace but either of those two would be amazing.

we already have too many NHL ready players in our roster that it'll be hard to fit them all in in october. so I don't see any other moves unless there's a trade.

The Canucks sign Bieksa to a three year extension for $3.75 mill per. He'll make $550k this season though. Great contract IMO and he'll be a Nuck for the next 4 years! Good job Nonis!

:clap:

The Canucks sign Bieksa to a three year extension for $3.75 mill per. He'll make $550k this season though. Great contract IMO and he'll be a Nuck for the next 4 years! Good job Nonis!

Even though I agree with you that he is a good defenceman and is a horse, that is way overpaying thanks to the ridiculous contracts previously handed out by Philadelphia.

Even though I agree with you that he is a good defenceman and is a horse, that is way overpaying thanks to the ridiculous contracts previously handed out by Philadelphia.

Before I argue, the Canucks have signed Aaron Miller..... our defense is now set!

Kevin Bieksa was our leader in ice time later on in the season. He can play in every situation and wears his heart on his sleeve. This guy could be our captain in the future. He played with an abdominal tear in the playoffs and a leg injury(fractured something in his foot) and didn't lok out of place. IMO while it does look a bit risky for now, he is the real deal.

Miller will be paid $1.5 mill this season. It's a one year deal.

Not that any of you would care but it's the first bigger move we've made, so I'm happy. ^_^

Vishnevski to New Jersey.

Souray is running out of places.... :blink:

I think he demands to much money. Wouldnt be suprised if he comes back to us for less that 5M soon.