Souray weighing contract offer from Habs

kaos

Honestly guys, does anyone see Souray scoring more than 15 next year? I don’t know if anyone noticed, but when teams played really aggressively on the PK, they were able to shut him down. This isn’t to say that I don’t think he can be a factor on the powerplay. With a huge contract that he’s going to get elsewhere, I don’t think he can handle the expectations. Also, last year was the first he wasn’t injured. Have fun with a -22!

I think Souray will score less...because teams will 'cheat' over to his side to prevent him from shooting (look at what happened after McCabe's huge year). However, this doesn't make him any less valuable on the PP, as that will leave others wide open.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Souray will score less...because teams will 'cheat' over to his side to prevent him from shooting (look at what happened after McCabe's huge year). However, this doesn't make him any less valuable on the PP, as that will leave others wide open.

rotflmao, now thats funny!! :D

No idea what your talking aboot. Comparing McCabe to Souray is silly. Souray is way better defensively, and his slap shot is leaps and bounds better too. Most of McCabes PP goals are scored with a 1 timer, but McCabe doesnt score because of his blast of a shot, he scores because the goalie is generally out of position and has to come over to the other side, and by the time the G does this, the puck is behind him. Souray can blast the puck right by the majority of goalies, when they are down and set for the shot!! Not to mention Souray typically lets his shot loose from the blue line, and McCabe is near the top of the faceoff circle, or closer. Sourays shot is harder, and I highly beleive its more accurate too. McCabes completely misses the next a lot.

Its true that when Souray gets passed the puck on the point most players do dive. However, they arent diving to block the shot. It's done more as proactive dont have your femur shattered self preservation move. If somebody blocks 1 of Souray's shots, its generally by accident!! Not many players are stupid enough to get in the way of his blast. :lol:

Taking a 100MPH slap shot to the head would most likely kill you instantly. Souray does have that kind of power. :o

Didnt Mike Johnson say that he has a permanent bone chip/scar on his shin where 1 of Soray's slap shots hit him?

Apparently here is a common consensus list of a fairly Recent Check list for improving the Habs:

- ditch arguably the best face off guy in the entire NHL - check

- ditch arguably the best slap shot guy in the entire NHL - check?

- ditch arguably the best wrist shot in the entire NHL - ?

I fail to see how this plan will make us a contender :?-

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Sheldon please make up your mind and sign somewhere so we can close this thread . .. :wacko:

Haha still no offer...

you don't actually know that, do you? I'm sure he's recieved offers, but none to his liking. I doubt, at this point, that he'll get anything better than what BG offered him, in length or $$

If he signs with MTL i'll be the happiest guy on earth to,orrow

it would work out rather beautifully for us, if he ended up signing here for 3-4 M wouldn't it? But I don't think it'll happen...

it would work out rather beautifully for us, if he ended up signing here for 3-4 M wouldn't it? But I don't think it'll happen...

Is it really that far out of the realm of possibility that he'd return here for a year @2.5-3 mil? He's a known commodity here, he knows he'll see a lot of PP time and with better numbers (defensively) possibly position himself for a nice multi-year payoff from someone else next year. If he can swallow his pride after saying no to BG's original offer it wouldn't be a bad short-term option for him at all...

Yes it is out of the realm of possibilities of him returning. They already have 8 NHL Dmen (i use that term loosely) by contracts. BG offered him what he wanted to pay, Souray declined. End of sory. BYE Sheldon.

Is there still money left for Souray? Will we go to the max. cap, as I think Gainey said something there's only 2 to 3 million left?

There is around 5.5M left AFTER signing Ryder to approx 3M... but Gainey always like to have a 2-3M margin... So yes, he only has 2-3 left before that 2-3 margin.

Is it really that far out of the realm of possibility that he'd return here for a year @2.5-3 mil? He's a known commodity here, he knows he'll see a lot of PP time and with better numbers (defensively) possibly position himself for a nice multi-year payoff from someone else next year. If he can swallow his pride after saying no to BG's original offer it wouldn't be a bad short-term option for him at all...

He's not coming back. The corner he's painted himself into really sucks and I would think that there must be some bad feelings between him and Bob now. They are both understanding and professional but at some human level a bridge has been burned. Gainey didn't trade Souray at the deadline because Souray said he wanted to stay in Montreal and Gainey knew he would give him more than a fair offer....which he did. Souray went back on his word and screwed BG. I'm sure he's not too happy about that. Good things don't happen to Greedy people. I hope he ends up in Phoenix so he can really sit back in the hot sun and cross examine the terrible mistake he made by stiffing Montreal. I would hate to be Sheldon right now. I wonder if he's calm and patient or is he freaking out and actually begging his agent to call Bob Gainey back. I also wonder what happened when he actually rejected Montreal's offer. You don't just do that without back-up. He must of had another deal on the table at that point but it got yanked for some reason. :clap: a well....THAT's WHAT YOU GET!

BG should take him back for 1 year and then trade him in March. He doesn't have anymore leverage in Montreal. The fans would eat him up now that we know what he's all about.