Bulldogs vs Hershey --- Finals Game #3 ---6/04/07

Lammy

Puck drops at 7:30pm ET

It's a home game for the Dogs...as always, I will be there.

supposed to be a pre-game tailgate party happening....am leaving soon for the festivities.

GO DOGS GO!!!! :hlogo: :clap:

This series is fascinating. After two games the dogs have been outshot by wide margins, and, as best I can tell from the radio, the Bears play a more ref-friendly game than the Bears. And yet clearly it's the Bears who are changing their game, changing their lineup. Not us.

3-1 Dogs. :hockey:

Price has been incredible at one pooint the pp's were 9-2

Odd thing about the offence coming from the blueline and everyone talking about how the habs have no deph on the back end :0

I have to say, I was a little worried with Carey earlier this season. There was no doubt he was good, but what had he really accomplished? Now, an outstanding World Juniors, tournament MVP (or was it top goalie) a geat CHL season, top CHL goalie, and now... This kid is really looking like something very, very special.

It's time people start noticing these players. For the first time in a few years the farm team is almost all Habs players and the are leading the Calder Cup final...fantastic.

It's time people start noticing these players. For the first time in a few years the farm team is almost all Habs players and the are leading the Calder Cup final...fantastic.

It's definitely a good sign. :D I think you guys know this, but we are actually ranked 2nd in terms of prospects from www.hockeyfuture.com. Now thats a really good sign.

alright !!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh DOGS !!!

looks like bulldogs can kill bigger animals: Bears(almost), moose, wolves and americans :P

Just got home from the game in Hamilton! GO DOGS GO! what an amazing game.

The defense was absolutely amazing. Don Lever had asked the D to jump up in the play and press the Bears early. He even dressed a seventh D-man. Cote's, first game back from an injury. Before, I give you my thoughts on the D. Let me start with PRICE.

IN a word he is absolutely NHL "READY". Any one who says otherwise did not watch that game and did not see his focus and attention to the game. He is able to focus and his head is in the game. His ability to seem like he is perfect comes from his focus to stay on the puck at all times and be in position, when screened a few times he relied on his positional play and was calm with the rebound and puck control. This kid is a kewl as a qucumber. He has ice flowing through his his viens. Thats not to say he is shy... Far from it when necessary and when the play dictates, he is right in there taking control of the puck and Just like a certain goalie from new Jersey; controls the dump in's., moves the puck up to D on powerplays and isn't shy to speak up and control his D-men asking for help covering pinching forwards. I was so amazed by this kid; he is the best kept secret., in the game. And if I do say so myself; the secret is out!

Scotty Bowman was at the game, he was behind me when I took a stroll in the concourse in between periods, everyone wanted to shake his hand and say hi and so was Carbo I almost ran him down in the parking lot. He was about to cross the road, when I saw him and stopped to let him pass... Scouting and looking to fill the Habs roster for next year I'm sure...

Now to the D-men; There were five goals scored by our D. They were playing Defense the entire game, with so many penalties being called by the refs. But they jumped up and joined the rush with such ease they looked very comfortable. O'Bryne was a tower of power. He had the hit of the game in the first; but that was the second hit. His first hit was equally hard, smart and powerful; not to mention clean. I was very impressed with him today. He plays D the way I like it played. Tough and physical, taking the man and forgetting the puck until the play is broken. His eye's were focused on the forward and he is so silent but deadly. Just when you think he can't catch you he's there with two strides and lays the body perfectly to take the man. He had the crowd at Copps on their feet with his crushing hits! He too is NHL ready! and deserves the chance with the big club. Biron, Cote were also standouts. But more importantly, all the D-men played a smart intelligent game; making sure they did not get caught off guard. Except for the first goal against us, when the forward blew past the Dman and slipped the wrist shot in under price who was going down but not fast enough. Price had no chance from about four feet away.

From that point on the offense fueled by fantastic puck movement, had their plays finished off by Defense jumping in the play. D'Agostini ( this kid is absolute all heart, he earns every shift and plays intense smart hockey ) , Locke, Stortini, Lapierre ( by the way he is living up to his reputation, getting under the skin of plays eggin' them on, I loved it )

Chips, Ferland and Baines are a fantastic line for the Dogs; they shut down any momentum that the Bears tried to mount. They work well together; The only concern I see it that the bears do have loads of talent; all their lines can be threats. Which is why tonights game was even more impressive. It took a team to play this one.

Grabs was out on every powerplay and is part of the offensive lines for Lever, but Grabs gets knocked off the puck easy and although seems to have the puck on a rope and can make some nice plays with it; just did not impress me. In the playoffs, its hard work, grinding in the corners and grit that makes it work and he just seemed to lack that, maybe it was an off night for him.

Price played so well and had such a sharp glove hand; I'm going to end this review of the game by saying he should have been the first star. When a goalie makes 40 saves and everyone looks that easy when they clearly were all very good scoring chances, it really says a lot about the talent and character of the player. He was able to make that first stop every time, never were there rebounds that weren't controled or that came back to haunt him; the second goal was again another deflection that he had no chance on; if it did go toward him he was in perfect position to play it. But an unfortunate deflection made it 5-2.

There were three or may be four 5-3 powerplays for the Bears tonight. The last 1:48 of the game was a 5-3 where price played positional again, to keep the puck out. But so did the team in front of him.

Next game is Wed; I plan on being there again. It was one heck of an exciting game and I for one loved every minute of it! GO DOGS GO!

Edited by Chips

Thanks for the great report chips!

So, was there many people at the game?

The attendance was very good tonight 5,600+ I think. The entire lower bowl was almost full; I was worried that I wouldn't get a good seat. But was there at ten to seven after work; saw the warm up and enjoyed the view, from the opposite side of the players benches. 12 rows from the ice, right behind the penalty box for the dogs!

Locke was the last to leave the ice after the pre-game warm up. Shooting from sharp angles and trying to score from in close.

There is no doubt that this team will be picked apart next year. But there was such good team chemistry it was quite impressive.

Fan support was good tonight and there were times I felt like I was in Montreal at the Bell center watching my Canadiens being cheered on with chants of Ole Ole Ole Ole... Ole..... Olee.....

I'm glad you enjoyed my review of the game tonight., I'll add more comments if I remember them tomorrow morning, but right now I'm going to bed to enjoy the most satisfying evening with some good dreams of victory.

If I do make the game on Wed; I'm going to focus on watching our forwards and shall report back on their performance; Here's hoping they have a brilliant game just like their D tonight.

Good memories. GO DOGS GO!

Edited by Chips