Kovalev Apologizes to Gainey

shortcat1

Yea, How many years have teams and fans said "this year he'll turn it around". The answer is like 8 years.

He is a primadonna, he has no heart or character, he is not going to change that.

For JMMR, it's negative but it's also the facts don't lie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. if he did have an injury. Why didn't he get it taken care of ? it's not like he was carrying the team and he they put him on the shelf for a bit the team would have fallen apart. If he said he was injured all season then I would see that as an excuse.

2. The problem with Kovalev is he's scared of being touched. He's only a perimeter player now. When he does play well he's driving the net and powering though people. Which of course was rare last season and usually its was because someone touched him and pissed him off. ( then takes penalties ) There is no reason why he can't be as good of a player as Jagr. Except Jagr has no problem throwing his body around. Kovy's got the body frame and the strength to do it, just no desire too.

1. if he did have an injury. Why didn't he get it taken care of ? it's not like he was carrying the team and he they put him on the shelf for a bit the team would have fallen apart. If he said he was injured all season then I would see that as an excuse.

2. The problem with Kovalev is he's scared of being touched. He's only a perimeter player now. When he does play well he's driving the net and powering though people. Which of course was rare last season and usually its was because someone touched him and pissed him off. There is no reason why he can't be as good of a player as Jagr. Except Jagr has no problem throwing his body around. He's got the body frame and the strength to do it, just no desire too.

Bingo!

2. The problem with Kovalev is he's scared of being touched. He's only a perimeter player now. When he does play well he's driving the net and powering though people. Which of course was rare last season and usually its was because someone touched him and pissed him off. There is no reason why he can't be as good of a player as Jagr. Except Jagr has no problem throwing his body around. He's got the body frame and the strength to do it, just no desire too.

True, but you can blame Russian hockey development for that. The Finn's (almost canadian style now) and the Czech's are the ones that don't mind the physical play.

Don't get me wrong here there are some players from every country that play the physical game well, but the majority of skilled players from Russia among others are perimeter players.

True, but you can blame Russian hockey development for that. The Finn's (almost canadian style now) and the Czech's are the ones that don't mind the physical play.

Don't get me wrong here there are some players from every country that play the physical game well, but the majority of skilled players from Russia among others are perimeter players.

I only know of 2 and the Habs have both ! Kovy + Sammy :lol:

I only know of 2 and the Habs have both ! Kovy + Sammy :lol:

You think Ovechkin is a perimeter player? Kasperitus? I think that there are plenty of Russian non-perimeter players. However, the Russian league does promote finess over mucking it up.

Well, we shouldn't exagerrate. He WAS roughly a point-per-game player for us the year before last (65 points in 69 games) and scored lots of big goals. (I know some people were hoping for him to be a *superstar* but a PPG performance is quite satisfactory in my books). So it's not like his time with us has been an unmitigated disaster. Really, he's 1 for 2.

This doesn't mean that he'll turn it around, but those who say that Kovalev is a perpetual disappointment aren't really correct. Since his insane 95-point season in 01-02, he's been like this:

02-03: 77 points in 78 games - GOOD

03-04: 45 points in 78 games - BAD

05-06: 65 points in 69 games - GOOD

06-07: 47 points in 73 games - BAD

The real pattern here is alternating good and bad years. That, at least, is cause for cautious optimism for next season, no?

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

You think Ovechkin is a perimeter player? Kasperitus? I think that there are plenty of Russian non-perimeter players. However, the Russian league does promote finess over mucking it up.

I never said that all russian players were perimiter players. :huh:

Yea, How many years have teams and fans said "this year he'll turn it around". The answer is like 8 years.

He is a primadonna, he has no heart or character, he is not going to change that.

For JMMR, it's negative but it's also the facts don't lie.

I do not deny that he was bad last year, real bad, but I have faith in him I have seen what he can do with Koivu and in the playoffs. Next year will be better this apology is just the first step.

I do not deny that he was bad last year, real bad, but I have faith in him I have seen what he can do with Koivu and in the playoffs. Next year will be better this apology is just the first step.

agreed!

How about signing Yashin to play with Samsonov and Kovalev.....

How about getting a chemically induced coma that lasts about 5 years and waking up to not see any of those three amigos on the habs roster?

Seriously Kovalev and Samsonov played terrible together you think tossing in one more lazy goof is going to change something?

Why is it that people immediatly assume just because you are from a vaguely similar part of the world you will immediatly work well together?

Well, Yashin is coming off an awesome season. That's what makes him different from Kovalev and Samsonov - he seems to be motivated.

Well, Yashin is coming off an awesome season. That's what makes him different from Kovalev and Samsonov - he seems to be motivated.

and yet another terrible playoff. who ever picks yashin will not win the cup....ever.

Buffalo was a far better team. It's not his fault they lost, not any one player on the team.

Buffalo was a far better team. It's not his fault they lost, not any one player on the team.

he lost 8 out of 9 playoff series. he has the habilities to dominate the game from end to end..he just doesn't do it.

anyone know of the chemistry between Kovy and Yashin yet?

I just realized Yashin was born on the same day I was.... I still haven't met one of my "breed" that wasn't a hell of a guy! Now Im taken I want Yashin :P

anyone know of the chemistry between Kovy and Yashin yet?

I just realized Yashin was born on the same day I was.... I still haven't met one of my "breed" that wasn't a hell of a guy! Now Im taken I want Yashin :P

you should make a wish for him to sigh with the nucks...he'd be closer to you !!

he lost 8 out of 9 playoff series. he has the habilities to dominate the game from end to end..he just doesn't do it.

After Yashin left, Ottawa was still known as a team full of chokers in Daniel Alfredsson, Marian Hossa, Radek Bonk, Zdeno Chara, ...

He was not the only dominant player on that team.