Valentenko on his way to N.America and the habs?

Habitforming

Yupp. Imagine:

Markov-Komisarek

Fischer-Emelin

Carle-Valentenko

O'Byrne

In how many years is that? Fischer is starting his second year of university in September ... that's second year of a four year program. I wouldn't expect to see him for at least 2 years.

In how many years is that? Fischer is starting his second year of university in September ... that's second year of a four year program. I wouldn't expect to see him for at least 2 years.

Well, BTH did say in "years to come," so I that's what I based those projections on. I didn't mean in the next one-to-two seasons. :P

Well, BTH did say in "years to come," so I that's what I based those projections on. I didn't mean in the next one-to-two seasons. :P

Well in that case I hope that we have O'byrne punishing people on a more regular basis than 7th D.

Well in that case I hope that we have O'byrne punishing people on a more regular basis than 7th D.

On the depth chart, if everyone pans out as expected, he would be the 7th guy, which is very exciting.

Why is everybody so hyped about this Valentenko? Did i miss anything, you guys sound like he was mvp somewhere... (i know every D is needed)

LOL ... actually, I think he was an MVP just recently. He was voted the best player in the final game of the world championships, or something like that. I'm sure I have the exact details wrong, but don't worry ... some fanatic/buff will set me straight on the exact details ;)

I believe people are underating O'Byrne on defense. I see him as a top 4 defenseman. He is big, good skater, strong, understands hockey and smart to boot.

Edited by thib46

I believe people are underating O'Byrne on defense. I see him as a top 4 defenseman. He is big, good skater, strong, understands hockey and smart to boot.

That's the exciting part. Markov will always be our #1 and Komisarek will probably always be his D partner. Fishcer apparently also has top pairing potential. Let's say Fischer plays with Emelin on the second pairing and then Carle plays with O'Byrne on the third (that leaves each offensive defenceman paired with a defensive defenceman), that still leaves Valentenko out. Bottom line, we have a ton of good young d-men and atleast one of them won't make it with us.

He said "for years to come" not 'in years to come'...

Oh my god, are you serious?

That's the exciting part. Markov will always be our #1 and Komisarek will probably always be his D partner. Fishcer apparently also has top pairing potential. Let's say Fischer plays with Emelin on the second pairing and then Carle plays with O'Byrne on the third (that leaves each offensive defenceman paired with a defensive defenceman), that still leaves Valentenko out. Bottom line, we have a ton of good young d-men and atleast one of them won't make it with us.

Yeah, that's the exact same reasoning I used in my "lineup projection." While we might not have any bonafide superstar Niedermayer/Lidstrom/Prongers, we'll have a ton of solid guys who can easily pick up the slack.

Oh my god, are you serious?

Yeah, that's the exact same reasoning I used in my "lineup projection." While we might not have any bonafide superstar Niedermayer/Lidstrom/Prongers, we'll have a ton of solid guys who can easily pick up the slack.

like the buffalo sabres defense corps. no stars yet really efficient. they might need some more grit but theyre quite alright.

like the buffalo sabres defense corps. no stars yet really efficient. they might need some more grit but theyre quite alright.

They say the same thing about Ottawa (but I consider Redden a star).

They say the same thing about Ottawa (but I consider Redden a star).

true !! redden is way better then what he showed in this year's final series.

Valentenko coming to North America if it's true is great news. One year in Hamilton and he could be another gem. Emelin hopefully will make the jump this year. This is the best opportunity he could have with the Habs d being so uncertain wih Rivet gone and Souray possibly leaving.

Hamilton's defence could be even better then this years with this new blood coming up.

Jancevski-Cote- If Habs can resign both. I wouldn't want to lose them.

Benoit- Carle

Emelin-Valentenko

Proulx

O'Byrne I think will make the Habs in October.