Bulldogs vs Hershey --- Finals Game #4 --- 6/06/07

Lammy

Wow From the gamesheet Price has been busy in the 3rd...... 122 shots :rolleyes:

wow !! he's the real deal !!! :lol:

I can't figure out the new sportjuice codecs. So I have just been checking these threads for the update.

STRANGLEHOLD FOR THE BULLDOGS. HERSHEY - THIS ONE IS FOR YOU:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqBwMMxOnDQ

The Flys Got You (Where I Want You)

PRICE IS AWESOME :hlogo:

YYYYEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Just got home from the game!!! What an AWESOME game that was tonight!!!!

ONE MORE WIN TO GO!!!!!!

GO DOGS GO!!!

GO DOGS GO!!!

GO DOGS GO!!!

Carey Carey Carey 8000+ fans began chanting his name tonight. The PRICE was right and the fans had fun tonight!

Another amazing game by the Dogs! And an outstanding night for Carey Price again. I'll give you my thoughts on his play right after I cover the forwards.

If you came to watch another episode of the "Price is right" you had to watch it in between the "D'Agostini and Grabovski" show! They came to play tonight and took over the first period. When they were on the ice you noticed their speed and control. Grabs showed up and paid the price, that is to say he was being hit physically and responded well and seemed to have the puck more often than price. Rare, as Price is often pelted with pucks in the first but not tonight. The Dogs, kept the pressure on the bears, early in the game and kept momentum all throughout the first and second period.

Grabs was a demon with the puck, twisting and turning, holding on to it working in and out of bears D and making them look like pylons. D'Agostini, was equally up to the task, he too played smart heads up hockey tonight. Being strong on the puck in the offensive zone but both players were also up to the task in their defensive end. Coming back to defend the zone and help out the D. Every line played tonight, there was no such thing as a short bench. They also played very smart determined and reserved hockey. The bears tried very hard to egg the dogs into penalties. They would goat the dogs when the ref was not watching and got away with way too many cheap shots. But the dogs kept their composure and did not take unnecessary penalties. Lever will be happy that the team finally listened to him and tried to stay out of the box.

D'Agostini, needs to be given praise tonight. He reminded me of Zednik, he has a second gear and uses it on the outside lanes to get an edge on the D. I have been very impressed with his play and of late am convinced that he has the stuff needed in the next level.

Andre Benoit, was everywhere tonight, the dogs D was a huge part of our early 4-0 lead in the first two periods. Without their contributions in keeping the puck in the offensive zone and getting point shots through and on net we certainly may not have racked up goals early in the game.

Chips, Baines and Ferland. WOW! The shutdown line does it all, win faceoffs, take the body. Draw penalties, stick handle in the offensive zone. Their chemistry is a thing of beauty. And Lever knows it! He uses them in just the right plays and takes the momentum right out from underneath the bears.

Speaking of Lever and the coaching staff; keeping the lines to short shifts and rolling all the lines makes a big difference during the span of the entire game. The dogs had legs tonight for all three periods. When the Bears finally had enough and turned on the charm the Dogs responded.

Now, the third was crazy, cheap shot city. The Bears tried everything thing, running price in the crease. Then hitting him and breaking his stick, leaving him to borrow a defensemen's stick and that lead to the bears turning on the pressure and after Carey made the initial stop, he was out of position and the rebound fell right to a waiting Bear, who had an open net. Carey had no chance stopping that one. The second goal that the bears scored was another, that Carey was in position for but a bear falling to the ice, with a back handed floater got lucky and put it over Carey's shoulder. Again not Carey's fault.

Now, when the bears scored the first goal, many in the crowd held their breath and some had a real sigh! Our hearts sank to see price loose his bid for a shutout. Although he did not have as many shots on net, he did make great stops on a few too many short break aways and clear scoring chances by the Bears. I counted four break away chances that he single handedly stopped. And held his composure through all of this, I cannot remember seeing a goalie play with such confidence and utter calm. As if this was an exhibition game and nothing very much was on the line. Oh ya.. so he didn't get 40+ shots this game., I think it was only around 35+, must have felt slow, kinda like an off night. :)

On the contrary, the fans knew exactly what was on the line, they showed up tonight 8000+. And tomorrow night is the final game in Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised if Copps sells out! 3-1 Dogs lead the series and game 5 will be rockin'.

This is a team game and the dogs are playing as a team. Tonight the D played solid and were rarely beaten, they were focused on pressuring the bears and the offense from all lines was outstanding; Grabs and D'Agostini have stepped up and taken up the call of leading the offense specially on the Powerplay. Price continues to inspire his team to play aggressively and the Dogs are playing their game, the bears are off balance and just not able to sustain pressure and hold momentum. Now, in the last few minutes of the third the bears did mount an attack but again the Dogs have a knack for keeping cool, blocking shots and getting in lanes (I think that the reason shots on net were low against Price tonight is because the Dogs played smart hockey, paying the price with their bodies.. :) ) and taking advantage of open nets and two on one rushes off Bears pressure.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend tomorrows game. So I pray that the Dogs continue to play as a team and bring home the victory!

What a game! What a Team!

1 ticket $29

2 small drafts $9.50

1 order of fries and seven up $7.75

1 coffee $1.35

6-2 DOGS WIN PRICELESS!

GO DOGS GO!

Edited by Chips

I don't know .... will they be able to keep price on the farm? It just might not be good for his development to return. I think that Huet just might have to go .... if not Halak!

The Dogs of 2007 are the ray of hope for the Habs fan for a team that fits our expectations.

This is not only about individual players that struck me the most, it's team work at the professionnal level.

Those players that are a win away from Calder Cup have understood that they cannot simply wait for a leader

to show up. If a team should win a cup everybody has to show up and stick together.

Those Dogs are a great lesson for the Habs and fortunately?? some of these players will have a chance to take this

experience and make the habs a team that is eager to win.

Go Dogs Go, one more win.

Awesome. The Dogs seems to play the same tight, discipline, never-give-up type of game the Habs played back in 93. I love this team.

Now as for Price, dont build up too much hype. Keep in mind that Halak was burning the league too before getting called up. The team in front of the goalies has a big say.

That being said, we've got the best tandem of goalie prospects in the NHL, bar none!

Thank you very much Chips. I can't get media squat. The scouting you are doing is great for fans :)

thanks athletique, I completely understand the feeling of emptiness that fills our minds during the off season. Thanks to the dogs and their glorious run thus far we have our sanity for an extended season, even if it is the AHL. It was my pleasure to report back to all of you on their exploits.

I am glad to bring to each of you a feel of satisfaction that I felt watching our future in Hamilton the past two games. As the next few months roll by I know that many of you will be doing the same from scouting and keeping your eye and ears on our beloved Habs and sharing it with us so that we too can make it past this most difficult time, the off season.

GO HABS GO! GO DOGS GO! GO HABS GO!

Awesome. The Dogs seems to play the same tight, discipline, never-give-up type of game the Habs played back in 93. I love this team.

Now as for Price, dont build up too much hype. Keep in mind that Halak was burning the league too before getting called up. The team in front of the goalies has a big say.

That being said, we've got the best tandem of goalie prospects in the NHL, bar none!

I guess Lundqvist is no longer a prospect, but the Lundqvist/Montoya tandem in NY is still more impressive, and the Toivonen/Rask one is right up there with ours as well. I do like ours better than Varlamov/Neuvrith, though, and that's a very good tandem.

Peaks and valleys, my friends. Remember that phrase. Developing goalies is often about seeing through them. I have a bit of caution with both Price and Halak after the unbelievable seasons they both had. Good thing both are on two-way contracts for next season, we may need to shuffle them.