Bulldogs vs Hershey --- Finals Game #5 --- 7/06/07

KoZed

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Melanson said goalies need about 100 games of AHL experience before they turn pro with playoff games counting as 4.

Price has 91 "games" experience, using that sytem. I'd also imagine that CCF games would count for more than first round games.

He also played in the playoffs for Tri-City. won gold in the WJC, was awesome in two training camps for us and played at another WJC camp as an 18 year old. All that must add up to over 100 games experience. He MAY surprise us at camp and prove to be NHL ready in which case we have a huge problem on our hands.

Well if you cant take home the Stanley Cup, might as well win the Calder eh.

What a year for Price. WJC MVP and now AHL Playoff MVP. Incredible! That has to be a first...

One has to wonder what's next? B)

One has to wonder what's next? B)

Probably a 2.2 million cap hit. ;)

Such a stupid rule. Incentives should only count against the cap once they are reached. Instead, all incentives count until they cannot be reached.

Probably a 2.2 million cap hit. ;)

Such a stupid rule. Incentives should only count against the cap once they are reached. Instead, all incentives count until they cannot be reached.

I guess it's to prevent a team from "accidentally" going above the cap. There's definitely pros and cons both ways though. It should really be re-worked.

I guess it's to prevent a team from "accidentally" going above the cap. There's definitely pros and cons both ways though. It should really be re-worked.

Yeah, I was just talking to Mils and he brought up the point that if a team has say 3 guys who reach incentives and suddenly go over the cap, what would happen?

I think that it is fair. Ryder got a hat trick in his last game, pushing him up to 30 goals. If that had triggered a incentive clause payout, and it put them over the cap, what could be done? It is too late ... the Habs would have overspent in their last game. Should they be punished with a 10 point deduction? Should any game played over the cap be counted as a loss? Some way or other a penalty would have to be levied, or a rule making it impossible to happen in the first place. The NHL took the latter.

Just got back from the game. That was awesome! Hamilton is in love with Price!

To bad he won't be there long!

Great time, no analysis from me, to hard to fully pay attention while looking after my 3 year old.

Lucky kid, 1st ever hockey game and he sees a championship handed out :)

I just dont want to see him rushed in and then have something devastating happen to his confidence that he cant get over. I say play him the year in Hamilton and then start him when Huets time is up.

:hlogo:

I just dont want to see him rushed in and then have something devastating happen to his confidence that he cant get over. I say play him the year in Hamilton and then start him when Huets time is up.

:hlogo:

I'd package Huet with some other players (Ryder, Samsonov, Kovalev ... or anyone else we don't necessarily want ... but others do) for some help at D and possibly a good center ... or a great prospect.

If Price starts in Hamilton, I don't think that he will need a full year there.

Also, since Huet has so much value now, we may as well take advantage of it.

Imagine, we've won the Calder Cup with, essentialy, our depth prospects.

Imagine...

Yeah but like i understand, besides Price there was nobody really standing out. They played as a real good team, with good prospects, besides Price no one really exceptional, right? So dunno how bright that future is...

So that you can all enjoy!

ham-team_800.jpg

Yeah but like i understand, besides Price there was nobody really standing out. They played as a real good team, with good prospects, besides Price no one really exceptional, right? So dunno how bright that future is...

Good teams win Championships, not star studded teams. With the proper foundation, and a few good trades or signings, I think that the future could be exceedingly bright.

And like all good teams, it starts between the pipes.

Congrats to the coaches Don Lever and Ron Wilson, they deserve the most respect for

what they make those players achieve.

I really hope they will be back next year to coach next first year pro prospects, Carle, Little Kots.

And i fear somebody will take them away to the next level as much of these Dogs will go up next

year, every achievement deserves a reward.

I gave a list before. Lots of players raised their games: Locke, Chips, Benoit & Groulx, O'Byrne, D'Ags, Grabs, Ferland, Lapierre, etc.

What I meant is: those guys on the farm are our depth prospects, the guys we picked late or gave up on. They're our future 3rd and 4th liners. And they won the Calder Cup.

Its does make our future look bright, considering these kids will stack up the Habs roster sooner or later. Lapierre has already earned his regular spot, but Chipper also played like a guy ready for a checking role in the NHL next season. D'Agostini and Grabovski were speed demons and will eventually see NHL ice soon. O'Byrne was a defensive monster. The last 4 names I just mentionned were in their 1st AHL season. Ferland -- who was on the wing of Chipchura, also played a big role and could get a chance again (Habs wouldnt call him last year for fear of losing him on waivers). Locke broke out of his shell and started playing with heart. Benoit & Groulx -- two d-men lot of ppl had written off -- also broke out and had tremendous playoffs.

After seeing the way these kids play, I'd be thrilled to see the Habs go in the playoffs with these gritty kids on the 3rd or 4th line.

Whats even better is that the whole system philosophy is basically the same in Hamilton as in Montreal. And the Dogs proved you could win if you followed the system. It means Carbo has even more kids he can throw out there to play according to his plans.

Great point Kozed, i was kind of getting tired of people always blaming the system. The system is fine, it's players that are the problem.

Obviously the players you mentioned also have a lot of character and leadership something the Habs roster does not have.

The other thing is Chipchura and Price have "it" whatever it is that makes them leaders and winners they have.

I think they'll bring it to the Habs next year.