Taking Vitamin D to avoid The Big C

Mont Royale

Sweeping cancer edict: take vitamin D daily

This is pretty big news today, but since missing this story could result in DEATH, I thought I'd post it here (I love you guys! *sniff*).

As you'll see from many of the comments connected to the article, there is a fair bit of skepticism that a 60% decrease in cancer rates can be achieved so easily and cheaply. However, this was a large scale and scientific survey, so I don't think the results can be randomly dismissed, even if you believe more studies are necessary. I, for one, will be making sure I get some vitamin D supplements in the wintertime.

Could this be a breakthrough on par with pennicilin...?

Edited by Mont Royale

You should add the word vitamine to this post. I came here thinking that this was in some way related to defence Vs Centers for the Habs. I know it is in the lounge, but who really looks at what section it is when browsing "new posts".

Vitamines are good though!

I used to love the Flintsontes ones when I was a Kid I ate them like Candy.

me too I loved them.

however, I'd rather bart simpson's flinstones chewable morphine :lol:

You should add the word vitamine to this post. I came here thinking that this was in some way related to defence Vs Centers for the Habs. I know it is in the lounge, but who really looks at what section it is when browsing "new posts".

Vitamines are good though!

OK - done.

Maybe I was subconsciously doing the classic bait-and-switch: "Cool, a debate about Habs defence vs. centres!" *opens thread* "Aw, this is just something that could lengthen my life... this sucks!" ;)

OK - done.

Maybe I was subconsciously doing the classic bait-and-switch: "Cool, a debate about Habs defence vs. centres!" *opens thread* "Aw, this is just something that could lengthen my life... this sucks!" ;)

Don't worry, you are talking to a big fan of vitamin D and the Sun ... my God is the Sun! Not a tanner though ... just incidental contact under shades and hat .... sunscreen too when it is bad!

I eat lots of fish, eggs, bread ... etc. So my D is pretty up there! As well as my C.

I used to love the Flintsontes ones when I was a Kid I ate them like Candy.

haha me too... the package said eat 1 a day but I would always sneak away with a ton of them.