Canada's potential 11th Province (Caribbean Island)

puck7x

AND ITS A CARIBBEAN PARADISE!!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._turkscaicos_dc

I dont care who's job it is to make things happen in the goverment , but please just make sure THIS happens! I would love the idea of Canada owning a Caribbean island... The list of perks is endless....

- No need for passport to travel there!

- They would accept Canadian money!

- Vacation hotspot, controlled by your own country!

- etc. etc. etc

Man, I'd love to be there right now! ... And I have to find a place to hide out until next season if/when the Habs get eliminated from this years playoffs :)

Support this idea!!

yeah!

19,000 new medicare cards!

Low tax revenue from locals!

Non-contiguous countries kick ass!

Potential language issues, perhaps? I don't know what the local languages are.

Acting as colonial overlords to an insignificant voting block!

Great!

Jamaica would have almost been better.

• 3 weeks later...

They speak English in the Turks and Caicos. It is a noted tax haven so the government probably wants it so it can get its hands of all the tax-free Canadian $$ that are there.

Seriously though it would be great to have a Carribean province then maybe we could annex Greenland and then Alaska and ......:)

Bad news. I just read in the online version of the Gazette( sorry I didnt copy the link) that the T&C Islanders arent keen on joining Canada. They feel that our taxes are too high and the dollar too low. Did you know that the T&C asked to join Canada in the 1980's but that $%@$@!*!&*!!))(!&^^%$!!!!!!!!! Scumulrooney's government turned them down flat. :mad:

Oh well. I would have been nice the Golden Seals could have been reborn on a floating ice rink and they could move the Expos there and play their exhibition games in Cuba:)

Pmac

[Edited on 2004/5/5 by PMAC]