Samsonov to Chicago

Fanpuck33

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AnZQ...t&type=lgns

Cullimore carries a 1.9 million salary for the next season, while Salmelainen will be paid 700k for the upcoming season. Samsonov carries a salary of 3.525 million.

Cullimore returns to the bleu, blanc, et rogue for a second stint. From 1996-1998, Cullimore played 52 games for the Canadiens while amassing 2 goals, 6 assists, and a +4.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AnZQ...t&type=lgns

Cullimore carries a 1.9 million salary for the next season, while Salmelainen will be paid 700k for the upcoming season. Samsonov carries a salary of 3.525 million.

Cullimore returns to the bleu, blanc, et rogue for a second stint. From 1996-1998, Cullimore played 52 games for the Canadiens while amassing 2 goals, 6 assists, and a +4.

This is a cap move, not a player move. Gainey's buying out Cullimore so he IS NOT A habs. Salmelainen will be evaluated later.

Smart move Bob. $$$$

Edited by Fanpuck33

the word is that they are gong to buy out cullimore. this will save us big cap $ however maybe cullimore could contribute? he is certainly big enough. great move by bg.

Awesome! What a move!

I'm just glad it's not Aucoin coming Montreal's way, haha.

Gainey is making all the cap room he can moving towards July 1st (or better yet, the draft!)

WOW DID THIS EVER BREAK FAST!! Its one of those Bob doing the unexpected type things. And holy schiza is he ever moving fast this offseason.

:hlogo:

Good move for both teams. Chicago gets rid of some dead weight in Cullimore, while Samsonov is probably going to rebound there playing with Havlat. I was a litte scared to see Cullimore in there, but I'm happy he's just going to be bought out. Salmelainen could yet prove to be useful, and this reduces any possible cap hit from buying out Samsonov.

in the case of cullimore should we not try to at least trade him? maybe tampa wants him back? he could be their lucky charm who knows. it seems we have lots of time to buy him out lets at least take a look before leap. This should shut up all the people who question bob's abilities. Yes he can make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1942&hubname=nhl-blackhawks"]Tony S.

[/topic]

TSN says that he could be a top six forward. Im just wondering if hed do good on Koivus side, being another Finn.

:hlogo:

No point in buying him out. He'll compete for a low forward spot, and then if he can't cut it, be waived. I don't think Gillett will mind paying him $750 000 (his actual salary for next year, cap hit is an average salary figure) to play in Hamilton.

He played 4th line on a lottery pick team. Don't be expecting anything out of this other than a depth position.

He's very fast, and used to play for Hamilton, didn't he? Other than his speed, there's not a lot he's proven in North America.

in the case of cullimore should we not try to at least trade him? maybe tampa wants him back? he could be their lucky charm who knows. it seems we have lots of time to buy him out lets at least take a look before leap. This should shut up all the people who question bob's abilities. Yes he can make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Chicago's been trying to trade him for the past 2 years. We're the only takers, because they were willing to give Samsonov a shot instead of have him around for another year.

A nice move by Gainey. I might have been a little happier had Aucoin come the other way, and we lose Souray.

BUt a nice salary dump with Cullimore and Salmelainen will look good in Hamilton.

Im Happy but we just got 2 usless players for one usless expensive player lol

The operative word being " expensive ". :clap:

Could Bob be making room for Sheldon ?

It's sure it was more a "get rid" move than a trade. Still it's interesting they got Salmelainen. The Habs know him well. He maded his professional debut in America with the Bulldogs in 2002 (When he was Oilers property) and had a great playoff with the Dogs that year. I don't know him and his style of play.. I wonder what they will do with him!

I'm a little sad to see Sammy go. I really thought he would rebound. I guess it gives a message to future UFAs. Don't sign here unless you want to give it all.