Flyers acquire Hartnell and Timonen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F&%$ A DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hlogo:

damn ... kinda shady but smart. They give up a 1st to be able to get the guys they wanted. Although i'm curious as to how they signed them so fast ... I mean they had to have negotiated a deal before this trade happened. isn't that against the rules ? Unless Nashville negotiated the deal for Philly before the trade.

Did I mention F&%$ A DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hlogo:

Yeah your probably right =/ ... makes the Markov signing outstanding doesn't it.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I really like Timonen, but $6.3M is definitely quite up there, just over half a million more than Markov.

WOW

HOLY CRAP THOSE ARE INSANE DEALS. WOW. SPEECHLESS.

In the bottom of the RDS.ca article of the Hartnell and Timonen signings...

"On raconte que les Flyers hésitaient entre Timonen et Sheldon Souray du Canadien de Montréal. Ce dernier doit maintenant considérer comme dérisoire l'offre de 4,5 millions par année qui lui a été faite par le Canadien au cours des dernières semaines. "

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/231246.html

Translation: The Flyers were hesitating between Timonen and Souray. Souray probably now considers the Habs 4.5M$ per season offer that was made to him a couple of weeks ago a mockery.

another sign of desperation by the Flyers...

the insane amount of money plus the draft pick just to get 72 hours for negotiations!...

The positive in all this: The Flyers are not doing much more this off season..

The Cons: the Predators are gonna feel the first ripple in the effect

Gosh I hate Desperation!

I think it is a nice deal by the Flyers... They have the cap room and why not sign them? But the funny part of the NSH- PHI deal(s) are:

Nashville traded Timmonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Parent and a 3rd to Philadelphia for Peter Forsberg in a predators jersey for 3 months... :lol:

I've said it time and again that Gainey was paying the market price when he signed Markov.

This deal just proves it - in fact he got a bit of a break when you look at these numbers..... they are ludicrous to say the very least!!!!!!!

I think it is a nice deal by the Flyers... They have the cap room and why not sign them? But the funny part of the NSH- PHI deal(s) are:

Nashville traded Timmonen, Hartnell, Upshall, Parent and a 3rd to Philadelphia for Peter Forsberg in a predators jersey for 3 months... :lol:

And a first round exit

Not only are those salaries foolish...they signed them each for 6 years. Way to go Philly, you have just screwed the entire salary structure for the rest of the league. I am not optimistic at all the Habs will sign a star player if it means that kind of money.

As good as a move Holmgren just pulled off, the Flyers still need plenty of more complimenting pieces to help them put into a playoff spot.

They do have good players and solid prospects, they just need the right complementing pieces on defense and on the top lines.