Nesquik's Blame Saku Thread

Nesquik

Nesquik, please... Tell us how you really feel :blink:

Even though I would not go into debate about this, you are partially correct if you are talking about some of the overpaid salaries on the Habs. As far as being as bad a player as you say, well you are just wrong. He is a good player(not like Lemieux class), and you have no idea (I have no idea either) how he acts in the dressing room as a captain. When reporters report someting bad and it is the truth?? They LIE, it is what sells the news.

After watching Saku play with my own eyes, I can say he is a good player. Where I might agree with you is that I would not have given him or even Kovalev those contracts and would have moved on. Habs have not done anything for a few years so no big loss for me.

I'm the first person to insist on the right of everyone to their own opinion. And my opinion is that your absolutely wrong!

I will give you credit for starting a thread that certainly got everyone talking during a period when everyone is going through an emotional low point.

However, there is no credibility in your argument. When you try to attack an individual who has established himself as brilliantly as Koivu has your bound to fail in that argument. He is an outstanding hockey player; an asset to the city of Montreal; an ambassador for the game and a true, passionate , honest and courageous gentleman. I would take a team full of Saku's ( and Carey Price in net ) any day over what ever you want to offer me.

Try again.

GO HABS GO!

what good did he every bring the team

Just some stats. I don't even want to start talking about his on-ice performance, leadership and his personality.

1997-98

1. Mark Recchi 82GP, 32-42-74

2. Vincent Damphousse 76GP, 18-41-59

3. Saku Koivu 69GP, 14-43-57

1998-99

1. Mark Recchi 61GP, 12-35-47

2. Saku Koivu 65GP, 14-30-44

3. Vincent Damphousse 65GP, 12-24-36

2000-01

1. Saku Koivu 54GP, 17-30-47

2. Oleg Petrov 81GP, 17-30-47

3. Brian Savage 62GP, 21-24-45

2002-03

1. Saku Koivu 82GP, 21-50-71

2. Richard Zednik 80GP, 31-19-50

3. Yanic Perreault 73GP, 24-22-46

2003-04

1. Mike Ribeiro 81GP, 20-45-65

2. Michael Ryder 81GP, 25-38-63

3. Saku Koivu 68GP, 14-41-55

2005-06

1. Alexei Kovalev 69GP, 23-42-65

2. Saku Koivu 72GP, 17-45-62

3. Michael Ryder 81GP, 30-25-55

2006-07

1. Saku Koivu 81GP, 22-53-75

2. Sheldon Souray 81GP, 26-38-64

3. Michael Ryder 82GP, 30-28-58

I sort of get annoyed when I see these threads but he is entitled to opinion. It reminds me of people who are/were angry at Carbo and in their spare time decided to roast Gainey as a side note.

Like my friend says, "Leave BOb alone. Put the blame where it's due but don't bring BOb into this".

Nesquik is entitled to his opinion no matter how outright moronic it is. However, it might be worth noting, in case you missed it, that THE ENTIRE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE COMMUNITY appears to disagree with him. In hockey matters, it might be wise to trust the consensus opinion of said community before that of some guy on an internet forum. In fact, that individual might consider revising his own opinion when confronted with such a consensus by people who are actually in the game. Kindly take note of the boldfaced bits.

King Clancy Memorial Trophy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

King Clancy Memorial Trophy on display at the Hockey Hall of Fame The King Clancy Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a significant humanitarian contribution in his community.

King Clancy Memorial Trophy Winners

2007 - Saku Koivu, Montreal Canadiens

2006 - Olaf Kolzig, Washington Capitals

2005 - No winner due to the 2004-05 NHL lockout

2004 - Jarome Iginla, Calgary Flames

2003 - Brendan Shanahan, Detroit Red Wings

2002 - Ron Francis, Carolina Hurricanes

2001 - Shjon Podein, Colorado Avalanche

2000 - Curtis Joseph, Toronto Maple Leafs

1999 - Rob Ray, Buffalo Sabres

1998 - Kelly Chase, St. Louis Blues

1997 - Trevor Linden, Vancouver Canucks

1996 - Kris King, Winnipeg Jets

1995 - Joe Nieuwendyk, Calgary Flames

1994 - Adam Graves, New York Rangers

1993 - Dave Poulin, Boston Bruins

1992 - Ray Bourque, Boston Bruins

1991 - Dave Taylor, Los Angeles Kings

1990 - Kevin Lowe, Edmonton Oilers

1989 - Bryan Trottier, New York Islanders

1988 - Lanny McDonald, Calgary Flames

As a great man once said: 'Nuff said.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

You wouldn't be saying that if he was Swedish. :P

;) Na, just kidding. I like him too, despite the fact that his Finnish.

Hahaha. Well if he was Swedish, I'd probably be a Sweden fan instead of Finland. Too bad, eh? :P

I've long felt Koivu is overrated and I have often questioned his leadership. But horrible at hockey? Come on, now...the guy is a solid second-line caliber center.

Koivu sucks. Oh no, did I say Koivu sucks? Yes I did say Koivu freaking sucks. He has been with the habs for how many years now? 10? And what good did he every bring the team. I just feel that people have pity for Koivu because he has cancer, I don't care if he goes to the hospital for children, I don't care if he is a good man, this is HOCKEY, I don't care what he does other then Hockey! When it comes to Hockey he's horrible, when it comes to getting points he's horrible, when it comes to being a captain he's more horrible, the guy doesn't ever deserve an A on his shirt. Koivu is just some sort of role model. To show the other teams that we have a hockey player that plays with heart and had cancer, I do not care, it's not an excuse for him to get all these things. Mario Lemieux was a great player, but do we remember Lemieux for having cancer? No we remember Lemieux for the great hockey player he was, we remember Koivu for fighting cancer cause that's all we got coming out from him.

I would like to appeal to the moderators of this site to have this thread removed, and to have this moron barred.

I would like to appeal to the moderators of this site to have this thread removed, and to have this moron barred.

ouch !!

Wheres Nesquik now? I dont see a reply from him. Cant take the heat... ur not even 1% of the man koivu is.

KOIVU! KOIVU! KOIVU!

Re ouch !!

Man oh man I put very few post in here. But I faithfully come here to read and enjoy the interesting post. I thought I read everything but unfortionatly I stand corrected after reading this ridiculous post. I would like to meet this Nesquik dunderhead in person so I can beat him like a rented mule. At 40 years old I have been watching the habs on HNIC since I could walk and talk. Koivu is everything I like to see in a habs. I remember either his first or second season he was leading the scoring race after about 25 or so games until he suffered an unfortionate injury. Those things happen. Then cancer, then a stick to the eye, so on and so on. but he still puts up consistant numbers compared to the amount of games he plays. I applaud for koivu .. But Nesquick I fart in your general direction because thats the only thing your post deserves. There I vented now I feel better.