HabsWorld Draft 2007 Thread

CHice

I honestly think we now have the best D pool on the planet.

Depending on how they devlop the Hawks and Preds have some amazing defenders as well.

Habs are up again.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other quotes about Stejskal..

Top Moments of the Year - Grand Rapids High School Hockey

March 9th, 2007

Joe Stejskal crushes a Burnsville player in neutral ice. It was by far the hit of the state tournament.

December 1st, 2006- Joe Stejskal physically dominates the game in a Grand Rapids 4-3 win over Forest Lake.

December 28th, 2006- Joe Stejskal crushes and Apple Valley forward in neutral ice.

http://www.grhshockey.com/index.html

Bob Gainey is building the Habs the RIGHT AWAY. From the goalie and out. For year, our D pool was a joke and now it's finally solid and that easily reflected on the NHL club.

When Bob Gainey was interviewed he said something that really caught my attention. He said the Habs follow trends.

Montreal is not one of the big teams in size and I noticed him drafting some big players in size and checking abilities. With the fast talented forwards in the system this is a good addition to the pool.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

When Bob Gainey was interviewed he said something that really caught my attention. He said the Habs follow trends.

Montreal is not one of the big teams in size and I noticed him drafting some big players in size and checking abilities. With the fast talented forwards in the system this is a good addition to the pool.

Yeah but he also said there were many ways to build a cake ;)

I think it's not what he really want to say (that they simply follow trends). That's why he clarified it right after... that they have to build their own identity and be really good at it

This is ALL I can find on this cowboy.

"The 6-foot-4, 200 pound Conboy was eligible for the 2006 draft. He had a good USHL season for the Omaha Lancers this year, scoring 25 goals and 50 points in 56 games to go along with 105 penalty minutes. After scoring just once in the Lancers’ first seven games, he hit his stride. In the words of one scout, he needs to round out his game and play a little more consistently." This is in an article about possible sleepers in the draft.

Yeah but he also said there were many ways to build a cake ;)

I think it's not what he really want to say (that they simply follow trends). That's why he clarified it right after... that they have to build their own identity and be really good at it

True, but I think he meant the new NHL and how it is played now. Fast big players which is what most teams want to draft. The post season was officiated much different than the regular season.