Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 5

Fanpuck33_

montreal200.gif@ boston150.gif

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."

gallery26.jpg

Let's lift the torch, play hard, and bring the series back to Montreal.

Bruins lead the series 3-1, led by goalied Andrew Raycroft and forward Michael Nylander

A must win for the Habs, who look to Jose Theodore to step up his game.

Gametime: 7 PM

TV: CBC, RDS, ESPN2

Notes (According to RDS):

-Quintal is out and Komisarek is in

-Kovalev is questionable with the wrist injury

-Begin is still questionable

Lines are likely to be the same as Game 4, but may change depending on Kovy and Begin.

[Edited on 4-15-04 by Fanpuck33]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get another big game from Ribs and Hope that Begin plays. Kovalev is a question. I hope he plays but he probably won't. Come on Habs! Do this for the The Rocket!!!!!!

I edited the habs logos because it widened the page and made it difficult to read. - puck

[Edited on 2004-4-15 by puck7x]

Now its time to see If Im to cheer for the habs in the nhl-playoffs or cheer for Koivu and Finland at the world championships.

GO HABS GO!!!

(I want Nylander on team sweden!!!)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Last night's team supper should be good for the team. They would have time to just step back, relax and take a breather from the intensity of the series.

Kovelov has been great since the series left Boston, he should continue tonight. I don't think his injury will affect him too much. (oh and kovelov said earlier in the week that he never got eliminated in the first round in his career and he doesn't want to experience it now. If ever an athlete's stubborn pride can be used for good it is now

Lastly, I think it would have been great if Dowd stepped up last night and reminded the crew that he was with the Wild a team that wasn't supposed to make the playoffs, and they beat Colorado in the first round, and then came back from a 3-1 deficit against Vancouver to win that series too. He's got the experience, he's gotta share it.

And Theo has yet to still a game for us.

All this leave some hope for tonight's game.

Come back home, boys!!!

:ghg:

There are three things that says we will win tonight:

One (USAToday.com): Boston has not won a Game Five since the 1999 Eastern Conference quarterfinals vs. Carolina.

Two (USAToday.com): Boston is trying to close a playoff series at the

FleetCenter for the second time in team history.

Three (GoHabs2002's post quoted): Kovalev said earlier in the week that he never got eliminated in the first round in his career and he doesn't want to experience it now.

I hope these things will be enough for a victory for tonight. Even though I'm not a believer I pray that Kovy plays tonight. Go habs

Consdiring Dowd was quoted as saying:

"Definitely the biggest thing in these situations is whether it was a win or a loss, you forget the last game right away," said Dowd. "Boston has to forget they won the game and we have to forget we lost it. We've got to stay up. This is a young, hungry team. We're going to be ready. This brings back a lot of good memories. The Wild was a seventh seed, too. The thing is we know we can do it. It's different if you think you can do it. The biggest difference is between thinking and knowing. We're going to win in Boston and bring it back (to Montreal)."

I would definitely say that he has told everyone of this. :)

I hope they done feel to much presure on themself tonight. They have played better than I ever hoped this year so Ill be happy with the season even if they lose tonight. BUT it would feel SOOOOOOOOO good eliminating the Bs again.

cya later... hopefully after the weekend and not after the draft. If the worse happen... have a good spring fellow habs fans!

The boys have heart. They were the 8th seed last time they played boston and they were the major under dogs. They had heart and they pulled it off in 6 games. Now we are the 7th seed and they are the 2nd, and its 3-1 for boston, so we can beat them in 7 games. MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

I agree that scoring the first goal is very important for the habs, I wont say that we're deadmeat if Boston scores first, but our chances are alot better if we do. I look for some of the quieter habs in this series to finally step up, guys like Ryder, Dagenais, Souray, and Zednik.... And of course I hope that Theodore brings his "A" game tonight... 2 years ago vs Boston he only started to turn it up for game-5

Can you beleive this screw job by the NHL?

First they give us Fraser as a ref, then McGeough, and now its Bill McCreary ... These are my 3 least favourite refs in the league.

I joked after we got Fraser in game-3 that they'd give us McGeough in game-4 ... And they did, during game-4 I joked that they'd give us McCreary in game-5 , and look what happens...

Ugh