Canadiens sign Hamrlik, Smolinski & Kostopoulos

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BE a few days before this thread see's a signing.

Montreal is going to be out of it for awhile

An extention for Mark Streit might be a good start.

Did you hear that somewhere?

No. I just think it would be a wise move. He has one year left at 600,000.

If I were Bob, I'd offer him 4 over 3. Or in that range. Versatile player. Can play FW or D.

Decent plus / minus as well.

No. I just think it would be a wise move. He has one year left at 600,000.

If I were Bob, I'd offer him 4 over 3. Or in that range. Versatile player. Can play FW or D.

Decent plus / minus as well.

yeah for sure I would sign him to an extension.

yeah for sure I would sign him to an extension.

No, that would be stupid. I would let him play out his contract and then wait till next year. No use overpaying on a contract like Gainey has for some many others. He's not proven that he's a million dollar player yet

No, that would be stupid. I would let him play out his contract and then wait till next year. No use overpaying on a contract like Gainey has for some many others. He's not proven that he's a million dollar player yet

Sorry. I can't agree with that.

I don't think 1 million is overpaying for a player of his experience and flexibility. What can anyone get for a million these days ? :puke:

Sorry. I can't agree with that.

I don't think 1 million is overpaying for a player of his experience and flexibility. What can anyone get for a million these days ? :puke:

I think it would be agood deal as well I would expect Streit to get even better this year and be worth even more than that spending more time as a defenseman.

LOL...

You know it's been a slow start to the UFA period for the Habs when people start debating contract extentions for Mark Streit.

LOL...

You know it's been a slow start to the UFA period for the Habs when people start debating contract extentions for Mark Streit.

:lol: So true. Typical July for the Habs.

But it beats the Samsonov "blockbuster".

Congrats on your post 6000 !

I'll be Moses before I get in that plateau.

Hi.

Yes I agree with you...A lot of teams really threw in a lot of eggs in one basket...

As much as I would have loved to see gomez or whatnot in a habs jersey..bob g knows that overpaying players...with inflated contracts and long term deals can have serious reprucussions...

Hi.

Yes I agree with you...A lot of teams really threw in a lot of eggs in one basket...

As much as I would have loved to see gomez or whatnot in a habs jersey..bob g knows that overpaying players...with inflated contracts and long term deals can have serious reprucussions...

Why haven't any of the other 31 GM's recongized that.

And well Gainey was kinda saved by the rise in Salary Cap from the Kovalev, Koivu, Markov contracts. Those guys really aren't worth that kind of money. But I guess its all relative with the new Briere, Gomez, Drury, Timmonen and Rafalski contracts

Edited by kaos

You know the more I read about Gainey's supposed offers...I get the feeling that it's not that he is wary of long term deals or of dishing out good money, it's just that he is unable to fork out enough to get the deals done.

You know the more I read about Gainey's supposed offers...I get the feeling that it's not that he is wary of long term deals or of dishing out good money, it's just that he is unable to fork out enough to get the deals done.

He forked more then the Flyers in cash but not in years. I think he is wary on TIME. I don't blame him for that.