Canadiens sign Hamrlik, Smolinski & Kostopoulos

Character and hard work. That will be nice to see out of the Habs jerseys this year. It has been a long time since you can say the Habs were a hard working team.

I like the 3 pick ups.

1 trade left i think to clear a few roster spots.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from London Ontario and saw him play while he was here. ######in work horse that's what he is, Im excited to see him play with the habs

Could he be our Sean Avery?

I like what Hamrlik brings to the team, still unhappy about the term. He was defintiely a guy I had pegged if Souray left, so in that respect I like it, but I guess the deal is something we have to expect given the tax disadvantage.

Smoke I don't really like, I've never been a fan. But whatever, just 1 year. Bonk, IMO, is better than him.

Kostopolous is my favorite value wise, but he's not an impact player just a helpful guy.

Avery actually has pretty good offensive skills as well as being a agitator. I don't think TK is that gifted offensively.

I actually think his impact, as well as Smoke and Hamrlk will best be seen in work ethic. That will actually help alot.

in truth avery's offense talent only emerged last season, before that game against toronto almost no one gave him much credit. However I dont think that TK has the same offensive punch as Avery, but he can piss people off and get in their face and thats exactly what the habs were missing last year

Avery actually has pretty good offensive skills as well as being a agitator. I don't think TK is that gifted offensively.

I actually think his impact, as well as Smoke and Hamrlk will best be seen in work ethic. That will actually help alot.

Who knows Avery had .03 points per minute this season while Kosto had .02 points per minute thats pretty close.

Fourth line Kosto-Lapierre-Bégin that what i call an in your face line.

I like the move a lot.

:clap:

Adding cheap veteran looks like a trade for some prospects that Bob gave up on.

To name Coté, Ferland, Milroy even Chipchura was not trusted for NHL duties with the acquisition

of Slow minsky.

• 1 month later...

Hamrlik article.

Says he can't wait for the season to start and is really looking forward to being a habs yada, yada. He said his role with Calgary was a more defensive role and he has been told he will be relied on more offensively. Lets hope he can convert all those nice Markov passes into goals like Souray could.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arch...817-062000.html

Another article, this one with Smolinski.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=335978

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Hamrlik article.

Says he can't wait for the season to start and is really looking forward to being a habs yada, yada. He said his role with Calgary was a more defensive role and he has been told he will be relied on more offensively. Lets hope he can convert all those nice Markov passes into goals like Souray could.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arch...817-062000.html

Another article, this one with Smolinski.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=335978

Wow. One thing's for sure: both of these 'seasoned veterans' are exceptionally adroit at handling the media. Smolinski said exactly the right things about the city, the franchise, and himself - how the pressure and passionate fans are what you should want as a hockey player, etc. - and as for Hamrlik, he projects both great enthusiasm for his new environment and enormous self-confidence. (I get the distinct impression that he thinks of himself as an all-star calibre player).

It's exciting to read, although we should bear in mind that it's basically PR. Nonetheless, you get the sense that we added a ton of leadership, confidence and experience. More reason for cautious optimism that Bob has created a situation in which the intangibles - unlike last season - will be in our favour.