All In Favour Of Selanne

l<OV4L3V

hahaha.

Well, we will find out in 2 weeks. :clap:

I was just talking to my Finnish freind, and according to him there is a big festival going on there that lasts for 2 weeks and after this Selanne will decide what he will do next year.

The rumours that his wife wont let him because its cold are silly. I guess the people who believe that must have failed geography, because Finland is several thousand kilometers farther North than Montreal. Selanne's wife is Finnish, but Pronger's, Peca's wives are Yanks.

Also, my friend said that Selanne has told the media there that he will definitely not be playing in Finland next year, so if he does retire he is totally done playing hockey.

The important question now is, since the Ducks signed Bertuzi, do the Ducks still want him?

I bet Bob does :hlogo:

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

hahaha.

I was just talking to my Finnish freind, and according to him there is a big festival going on there that lasts for 2 weeks and after this Selanne will decide what he will do next year.

The rumours that his wife wont let him because its cold are silly. I guess the people who believe that must have failed geography, because Finland is several thousand kilometers farther North than Montreal. Selanne's wife is Finnish, but Pronger's, Peca's wives are Yanks.

Also, my friend said that Selanne has told the media there that he will definitely not be playing in Finland next year, so if he does retire he is totally done playing hockey.

The important question now is, since the Ducks signed Bertuzi, do the Ducks still want him?

It may not be because it's cold. maybe she doesn't want to be hassled in the supermarkets, whatever her reason. I hope Bob makes it clear we want him as Selanne would be AWESOME, but I'm not holding out any hope on it. I'm pretty sure it's either anahiem or nowhere next year for the Finnish Flash...

hahaha.

I was pretty sure Selanne only ever went to Finland in the summer time and I would bet he will not move back there if he retires.

I was pretty sure Selanne only ever went to Finland in the summer time and I would bet he will not move back there if he retires.

W0w, what amazing powers of observation you have.

You might as well have said teachers only travel during the summer. :rolleyes:

Why is that? Because the rest of the year they are busy working!! :lol:

Players can only go home in the off season, that shouldnt need to be said, it should be a given.

I'm pretty sure Selanne and the majority of other Euro's have residences in both North America and their own Euro countries of origin.

W0w, what amazing powers of observation you have.

You might as well have said teachers only travel during the summer. :rolleyes:

Why is that? Because the rest of the year they are busy working!! :lol:

Players can only go home in the off season, that shouldnt need to be said, it should be a given.

I'm pretty sure Selanne and the majority of other Euro's have residences in both North America and their own Euro countries of origin.

Yes but even when many euro's went home for the lock out either to rest or play hockey Teemu stayed in North America. I know that he plays hockey during the year but he and his fanily have fell in love with the warm climate he will not live in Finland should he retire. (not in the winter anyways)

• 5 weeks later...

Lahti is definitely one of the guys I want to see at training camp. The Habs easily saw something they liked in him to give him a contract and hopefully it will work out nicely :P

If Lahti is indeed first line material as Selanne claims then he could be quite the steal.

If Lahti is indeed...

Washington was not pleased that we got him. They were high on him. It'll be interesting to see if what Selanne says comes to fruition. At the very least this looks to maybe be a good bonus for us. Some might wonder how Selanne knows him but I read on another board that Selanne is a part owner of Jokerit Helsinki who are rivals of Lahti's HPK team. Selanne has had exposure somewhere along the way.

Go Lahti Go :hlogo:

Gainey can pull miracles out of his arse....Who would have expected theodore would have been gone? NOBODY

And for once, can people on this board be optimistic? and not so pessimistic? Sure its dreaming...but seriously...You never know what tomorrow brings

tommorow brings uselessness, mediocrity as has been the case for 14 years nows with no end in sight

Edited by CHice