Plekanec signs for 2 years

olematelot

Plex at 1.4 is incredible.

He was the only forward not to slump last year and is excellent at both ends. I hope he gets a bit more power play time and scores a few more shorty's next year.

Also I would not mind if he went back to his number (14)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet all these guys wouldve got alot more if they went to arbitration so these guys are sure keepers, treat them with respect because they have earned it. Ryder is another thing.

Great news. Pleks consistently brings it every game, and what I like most about him, is that he plays SMART. Good positioning. Good defensive responsibiilty. Good vision.

I wish we'd signed him for more years.

Great news. Pleks consistently brings it every game, and what I like most about him, is that he plays SMART. Good positioning. Good defensive responsibiilty. Good vision.

smart as SMART? Specific, Measurable, Accurate, Realistic, Time-Banded???

lol... I should have operationally defined that... :P

The argument that we should lock these guys into long-term deals makes no sense. Why would THEY agree to six years at 2 mil per, when they're well aware that they have the potential to become elite players commanding far more than that?

The two year deal serves the interests of both parties. Much as I love the Habs, they have to treat their players fairly. And this is.

Obviously no fool will lock in for 6 years at 2M per. But they might lock in 5 years at 4M per.

Player gets security, team gets the player.

Both parties gamble, the team that player will outperform that contract and the player that he will not.

Just like Nathan Horton's deal. He was 3 years away from being a UFA and he took a 6 year 4M$ deal.

I would love for Bob to do that with some of our youth. You are going to get burned playing it the Ryder way.

I don't like this either. You're signing a 38-point man at 4 mil a year? Yes, we ASSUME that he'll get better, but the risk is way too great for my liking. Gainey is doing the smart thing for all concerned.

The argument that we should lock these guys into long-term deals makes no sense. Why would THEY agree to six years at 2 mil per, when they're well aware that they have the potential to become elite players commanding far more than that?

The two year deal serves the interests of both parties. Much as I love the Habs, they have to treat their players fairly. And this is.

Obviously no fool will lock in for 6 years at 2M per. But they might lock in 5 years at 4M per.

Both parties gamble, the team that player will outperform that contract and the player that he will not.

Just like Nathan Horton's deal. He was 3 years away from being a UFA and he took a 6 year 4M$ deal.

I would love for Bob to do that with some of our youth. You are going to get burned playing it the Ryder way.

I don't like this either. You're signing a 38-point man at 4 mil a year? Yes, we ASSUME that he'll get better, but the risk is way too great for my liking. Gainey is doing the smart thing for all concerned.

Horton scored close to 60 points last year (a little above or below it, I can't remember...)???

Horton scored close to 60 points last year (a little above or below it, I can't remember...)???

Horton had 30-31 goals and 30-31 assists. He is a similar player to Higgins - I expect him to start showing flashes of Horton this coming season.

See the hihglighted bit above. I wasn't addressing the Horton case, I was arguing that Pleks et al. should NOT be signed at that rate.

See the hihglighted bit above. I wasn't addressing the Horton case, I was arguing that Pleks et al. should NOT be signed at that rate.

I got it. Yes, Higgins had 38 points last year... Plex I believe was actually closer to 50 (20 goals, 27 assists).

I got it. Yes, Higgins had 38 points last year... Plex I believe was actually closer to 50 (20 goals, 27 assists).

Yes, but Higgins played in 20 fewer games, he had more points per game. Of course, it was the Higgins-Koivu-Ryder line that was giving up goals like no other also.

Is this some office-speak of which I am totally unaware?

In my experience, it's a behavioural science acronym.

Is this some office-speak of which I am totally unaware?

In my experience, it's a behavioural science acronym.

a form or another of criteria or quality that performance indicator(s) in any field... be it Hockey, Science, Social attributes etc... should possess to be easily implemented and therefore be usefull to rank or measure a performance.... well something like that...:)

• 4 weeks later...
Plekanec has finally got HIS NUMBER WITH THE CANADIENS

he will wear #14next season.

It was a hidden clause within his new contract. "bonk must go". :D

Edited by lazy26