Wild Trade Idea

johnnyhasbeen

TB inked a lot of their players before they realized there would be a salary cap system in place. So did Lou in NJ.

The big three were all inked after the lockout, they're not whining about signing big contracts before the cap was in place.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TB inked a lot of their players before they realized there would be a salary cap system in place. So did Lou in NJ.

The big three were all inked after the lockout, they're not whining about signing big contracts before the cap was in place.

True. those 3 players and their agents are big winners. Feaster is lucky to still have a job. Predicting what the cap will be from year to year is impossible.

39, 44, 50... what's next ? 75...36 ?

I would never blow half my payroll on 3-4 players. Gainey has it right.

Spend conservatively on players who could have a good ( not massive ) impact on the team.

Komisarek, Higgins, Streit, Lats, etc....

How about we trade Anaheim's roster for our roster? Gainey....make it happen.

ARE YOU NUTS ???

You must be in dreamland ! Their roster for ours ????

They would have to throw in a 1st rounder, and we keep Markov, Komi, and Higgins.

Silly Anaheim. :lol:

Brad was the real stud and Vinny was the dud.

Sounds like a part of the first sentence of a really bad erotica book ...

This is what I think of when I hear stud:

x-stud.gif

I would have posted something a little more machismo and image that the word entails, but the image sensors may have gotten up in arms. ;)

Anyway ... I'd take Richards off waiver ... or if it fit, half way through the last year of his contract ... but, at the cost he is getting he is overpaid. That being said ... Richards would give this team a much needed facelift ... and could potentially make us a serious cup contender if certain other parts slip in to place (Price, Latendress, Big ####, O'Byrn ...)

In the end a resume is just a piece of paper.

Are you kidding? Try putting a grade 10 education on one an see the job offers you get ! "Would you like that super-sized?"

Are you kidding? Try putting a grade 10 education on one an see the job offers you get ! "Would you like that super-sized?"

Try holding a job when your boss finds out you can barely walk and breathe at the same time. "But..But! I have a nice resume!"

Welcome to reality.

Try holding a job when your boss finds out you can barely walk and breathe at the same time. "But..But! I have a nice resume!"

Welcome to reality.

try building that resume if you are so incompetent.

Welcome to reality.

I know plenty of boneheads who have lots of schooling behind them and still make minimum wage, you misunderstood the arguement.

What I am saying is what you have done and what you can do are often two very different things.

Richards > Any current habs.

Hmm... I might prefer Markov. At the price, definitely but there are dozens of players I'd take over Richards at his contract.

Tampa Bay has 3 superstar forwards. Whenever you have a group of talented players together you will always hear mumblings that one of them is riding the other guys' coat tails. Sometimes it is true, but in this case they are all great hockey players.

Welcome to reality.

I know plenty of boneheads who have lots of schooling behind them and still make minimum wage, you misunderstood the arguement.

What I am saying is what you have done and what you can do are often two very different things.

2000-01: NHL All-Rookie Team

2001-02: NHL YoungStars Game Participant

2003-04: NHL Conn Smythe Trophy (Playoff MVP)

2003-04: NHL Lady Byng Trophy (Most Sportsmanlike)

never scored less than 60 pts in a season, one 90 pt season

minor leagues is school, NHL is on the job.

I didn't misunderstand your premise, it is just wrong.

I didn't misunderstand your premise, it is just wrong.

Case in point Theodore, when you read the other posts then you can join in, im not gonna start the same argument with you because you don't choose to keep up.

was theodore a bad goalie before the 2005-06 season? no. He performed very well. Most people don't completely drop off their past performance during their peak years the way that theo did. To assume before that season that Theo would become a .880 goalie would have been wild. Theo is the exception that proves the rule.

Of course we use past performance as an aid to predict future performance, that is why statistics are compiled.

Could Richards become a 40pt player next season? Sure, I guess. Is Richards not worth his salary, quite possibly, but to completely discount his career statistics as mere resume is silly.

Oh, btw - I do keep up, I do read the posts and most people are able to disagree without being disagreeable. Most people are sufficiently confident in the merits of their position that they don't need to cover their uncertainty and lack of confidence with a veil of rudeness. You, apparently, are not one of those people.

Edited by simonus

was theodore a bad goalie before the 2005-06 season? no. He performed very well. Most people don't completely drop off their past performance during their peak years the way that theo did. To assume before that season that Theo would become a .880 goalie would have been wild. Theo is the exception that proves the rule.

Of course we use past performance as an aid to predict future performance, that is why statistics are compiled.

Could Richards become a 40pt player next season? Sure, I guess. Is Richards not worth his salary, quite possibly, but to completely discount his career statistics as mere resume is silly.

Oh, btw - I do keep up, I do read the posts and most people are able to disagree without being disagreeable. Most people are sufficiently confident in the merits of their position that they don't need to cover their uncertainty and lack of confidence with a veil of rudeness. You, apparently, are not one of those people.

Theo was never a good goalie, he had terrible positioning and no skill, alot of luck and sheer reaction made him what he was. It didn't last long obviously and thats all ancient history.

Richards isn't worth his salary, hell crosby just took 1 million more than him and Richards isnt half the player Crosby is.

You posted the same pointless nonsense from the first page, did you think I would be amazed the second time I read it after blatantly saying it didnt matter? Souray still looking for a contract, not getting the mounds of cash dumped at his feet like he expected? I wonder why, he had such an amazing year last year, how could this be? lol

Look if you read my posts as rude then that is more of a problem with your interpretation. If I am curt and to the point thats just how I am. This is a internet forum where you talk with complete strangers and you are taking offense to something? :wacko:

Theo was never a good goalie, he had terrible positioning and no skill, alot of luck and sheer reaction made him what he was. It didn't last long obviously and thats all ancient history.

Nonsense. Theo used to have great positioning and quick feet. No Skill...give me a break Total hate filled nonsense. Luck...lol

Goalies with no skill, terrible positioning and a lot of luck do not win the MVP of the league.

Just because you repeat something enough times does not make it true.

Theo was never a good goalie, he had terrible positioning and no skill, alot of luck and sheer reaction made him what he was. It didn't last long obviously and thats all ancient history

I guess it was a whole season's worth of luck that won him the Hart and the Vezina. I guess it was a season's worth of luck that let him stop 93% of the shots he faced that year. I guess it was luck for the first eight years of his career that he was good enough that the last two years, crappy as they have been, haven't been able to drag his career save percentage below .900 yet. I guess 23 times he was so lucky that nobody scored on him.

Face it, Theo was a great goalie. He's just like the typical closer in baseball. For a few years, totally dominant, i.e. Brad Lidge of the Astros. Then something happens and they just snap, suddenly their psyche is ruined. Suddenly they can't come through in the clutch. Suddenly they aren't able to flash their God-given abilities like they used to do.

Theo was never a good goalie, he had terrible positioning and no skill, alot of luck and sheer reaction made him what he was. It didn't last long obviously and thats all ancient history

I guess it was a whole season's worth of luck that won him the Hart and the Vezina. I guess it was a season's worth of luck that let him stop 93% of the shots he faced that year. I guess it was luck for the first eight years of his career that he was good enough that the last two years, crappy as they have been, haven't been able to drag his career save percentage below .900 yet. I guess 23 times he was so lucky that nobody scored on him.

Face it, Theo was a great goalie. He's just like the typical closer in baseball. For a few years, totally dominant, i.e. Brad Lidge of the Astros. Then something happens and they just snap, suddenly their psyche is ruined. Suddenly they can't come through in the clutch. Suddenly they aren't able to flash their God-given abilities like they used to do.

Can't reason with hate Puck. :rolleyes:

Nonsense. Theo used to have great positioning and quick feet. No Skill...give me a break Total hate filled nonsense. Luck...lol

Goalies with no skill, terrible positioning and a lot of luck do not win the MVP of the league.

Just because you repeat something enough times does not make it true.

Saying Theo had great positioning is a joke unto itself, he was no different than Aebischer in this reguard. I bet that MVP is gonna really be helping him in the AHL soon hey? Colorado sure got the better end of that trade! :lol:

He never had great positioning, wasn't a well disiplined goalie and it showed. Goalies who are strong in disipline and style/positioning don't have catastrophic melt downs.

Stop drinking the cool aid, there is a reason he wont be in the nhl soon.

Give me Huet at any point in his career and Theo before his psyche was destroyed, I'll pick Theo any day of the week. Huet hasn't even shown an ability to be a team's number one goalie for an entire season. Theo not only used to be able to do that, but he could carry the team on his back.

Give me Huet at any point in his career and Theo before his psyche was destroyed, I'll pick Theo any day of the week. Huet hasn't even shown an ability to be a team's number one goalie for an entire season. Theo not only used to be able to do that, but he could carry the team on his back.

I agree with this. Huet is good, but always seems to fizzle (perhaps it's exhuastion?) about 30-40 games in. Theo, when he was solid (which was for A LONG time. I started following him from the 1996 World Juniors when he was named the all-star goalie of the tournament. can't remember if it was him or Iginla who was Tournament MVP, but if it wasn't him, he was close) was REALLY solid. He's lost it now, but that was after years of really really good play.

I agree with this. Huet is good, but always seems to fizzle (perhaps it's exhuastion?) about 30-40 games in. Theo, when he was solid (which was for A LONG time. I started following him from the 1996 World Juniors when he was named the all-star goalie of the tournament. can't remember if it was him or Iginla who was Tournament MVP, but if it wasn't him, he was close) was REALLY solid. He's lost it now, but that was after years of really really good play.

Come on guys...don't be stupid. Theo was a fluke.

Boston would have beaten Montreal in both years if Theo was not so lucky. When Boston outshot Montreal 40-15 he was lucky posts, missed nets, hit legs, bad calls. Jeez, anybody could have done that. The guy was as solid as hanging a shirt. Boston were chokers anyways.

He was lucky to beat out Stephane Fiset for the starters role. It was the Habs defense that protected him all year. Especially the work of Robidas, Dykhuis and Traverse. Seeing as all of our forwards were 4th line checkers, they protected him by coming back.

THe real shame of that season as that they went with Theo and not Oliver Michaud. He was a kid, but who cares with a limited unimportant resume he could have had the same breaks and won the MVP as well. Why not, he is not in the league anymore either.

Plus Huet at that time was destroying the Swiss A league for Lugano. He could have done the same thing.

######s :wacko:

Come on guys...don't be stupid. Theo was a fluke.

Boston would have beaten Montreal in both years if Theo was not so lucky. When Boston outshot Montreal 40-15 he was lucky posts, missed nets, hit legs, bad calls. Jeez, anybody could have done that. The guy was as solid as hanging a shirt. Boston were chokers anyways.

He was lucky to beat out Stephane Fiset for the starters role. It was the Habs defense that protected him all year. Especially the work of Robidas, Dykhuis and Traverse. Seeing as all of our forwards were 4th line checkers, they protected him by coming back.

THe real shame of that season as that they went with Theo and not Oliver Michaud. He was a kid, but who cares with a limited unimportant resume he could have had the same breaks and won the MVP as well. Why not, he is not in the league anymore either.

Plus Huet at that time was destroying the Swiss A league for Lugano. He could have done the same thing.

######s :wacko:

Oh god like we've never beaten Boston before, does anyone think we are not a lock for always beating boston reguardless of teams? Seriously Huet has shut them down countless times as has Halak for crying out loud. Not to mention Koivus return in that series I have heard on multiple occasions broadcasters say that Montreal would have beaten anyone that first round just because of Koivu.

Wow Stephane Fiset! Geez what was I thinking? If he could beat him he must surely be the next coming of ROY! I love how you chose the three worst defenseman and didnt mention Brisebois, Markov or Rivet, not biased at all.

No Theo wasnt a flash in the pan at all, he was a solid goalie way back when and is still one today thanks mostly to his solid positio...errr good rebound cont...ummm prominant hairline?

Yeah we should have kept him, what the heck was Gainey thinking when he moved him? :puke:

Yeah we should have kept him, what the heck was Gainey thinking when he moved him? :puke:

And who exactly said we should have kept him? You're not allowed to reply until you find a post in this thread in which one of us said we should have kept him. :D

No Theo wasnt a flash in the pan at all, he was a solid goalie way back when and is still one today thanks mostly to his solid positio...errr good rebound cont...ummm prominant hairline?

Not that you're allowed to respond, since you're not going to be able to find a post where we said we shouldn't have dumped Theo, I suppose 1999-2004 was all luck. Five years is a pretty long lucky streak. Theo may not have had the best positioning or control, but when his head was on straight, the man stopped pucks, plain and simple. He had great reaction time and was very quick.

And who exactly said we should have kept him? You're not allowed to reply until you find a post in this thread in which one of us said we should have kept him. :D

Not that you're allowed to respond, since you're not going to be able to find a post where we said we shouldn't have dumped Theo, I suppose 1999-2004 was all luck. Five years is a pretty long lucky streak. Theo may not have had the best positioning or control, but when his head was on straight, the man stopped pucks, plain and simple. He had great reaction time and was very quick.

I agree. It's funny how you could look back at Theo's record and tell when he was on the juice. :blink: Easy Theo lovers we've been through this before ....it was just a wise-A$$ Crack.No pun intended. Oh wait that was Grant Fuhr.