The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Many people thought the same thing about Lost though. How can you have a whole series about a bunch of survivors on an island? I'm hopeful it will work out in similar fashion for Flash Forward.

Yeah, but Lost has lost tons of viewers since the first season. Last year's season premiere was down 26% from the previous year, and that was after the show recovered from a lagging third season. I think Lost would have died if the network hadn't made the creators come up with the storyline for the final three seasons all at once. After that happened, the show finally found a direction again. End of season two and into season three, it was really showing that they didn't know where they were going with the show. The problem with coming up like a plan like that, of course, is people aren't going to want to do that kind of work until they know for sure the show will be around awhile.

Yeah, but Lost has lost tons of viewers since the first season. Last year's season premiere was down 26% from the previous year, and that was after the show recovered from a lagging third season. I think Lost would have died if the network hadn't made the creators come up with the storyline for the final three seasons all at once. After that happened, the show finally found a direction again. End of season two and into season three, it was really showing that they didn't know where they were going with the show. The problem with coming up like a plan like that, of course, is people aren't going to want to do that kind of work until they know for sure the show will be around awhile.

Ah I believe Lost is the most recorded television show on Tivo/PVRs so I'm not so sure it's popularity has waned all THAT much since the first season. It still ranked in at #28 last year so its not like ABC is playing out the string with it because of a contractual agreement or anything.

I thought I read somewhere that the writers for FF had a 5 season series in mind but I'm not positive. Either way I think it can work, but it won't be easy. If it is to stick around I am curious as to when April 28th (or whatever the date was in the premiere) happens. Will it happen next year on the real April 28th or will it be like Lost in that the time in the show moves much slower than time in real life.

thoughts on the 2nd FF episode? kept up the suspense nicely. I like how they are methodically moving through the different stages of the story, giving us bits and pieces of clues here and there.

I've enjoyed the first few episodes... they give you a fair amount of details so far, so it hasn't grown tiresome or frustrating. I definitely wish that I could watch them all though. That's why I enjoy watching entire seasons at a time (not all in one sitting lol)

anyone else than me watching Fringe? I followed Season 1 last year and after watching the first 2 episodes of this season, I'm really starting to get into it and become a fan.

Not to forget now it has Meghan Markle :wub:meghan-markle-2.jpg

There's too much on on Thursdays... Fringe came 4th in its timeslot, behind CSI, Grey's and The Office. I hope it survives, because I've really begun to enjoy it.

why?

It's getting raped by CSI and Grey's Anatomy. Even The Office is doing better.

Just a terrible, terrible timeslot for a newbie show that they managed to get a decent fanbase thanks to a House/American Idol lead-in last season.

Speaking of The Office, Jim and Pam get married this week. :wub:

anyone else than me watching Fringe? I followed Season 1 last year and after watching the first 2 episodes of this season, I'm really starting to get into it and become a fan.

I love Fringe. I thought the first two eps this season were weak, though. Ep 2 was a direct rip from an X-Files ep. They really need to give it a better slot, though, Thursday at 9 is a BITCH.

The Seinfeld reunion episode of Curb is on tonight if anyone is interested.

watched it, it was so and so, i liked how Jason Alexander was saying "the fans deserve a better finale than the one we did"

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

watched it, it was so and so, i liked how Jason Alexander was saying "the fans deserve a better finale than the one we did"

Yeah, I watched it before I went to bed, first episode of Curb I'd ever seen so I was completely lost for stuff pertaining to that show.

Jason going on and on about how crappy the finale of Seinfeld was and Larry considering letting the network head die though had me laughing. Oh and Michael being distracted by the restaurant.

You can tell they're throwing some Seinfeld-esque scenes in too. Larry, Jason and Jerry arguing about tipping at the end just felt like classic Seinfeld. It was pretty cool.

Yeah, I watched it before I went to bed, first episode of Curb I'd ever seen so I was completely lost for stuff pertaining to that show.

Jason going on and on about how crappy the finale of Seinfeld was and Larry considering letting the network head die though had me laughing. Oh and Michael being distracted by the restaurant.

You can tell they're throwing some Seinfeld-esque scenes in too. Larry, Jason and Jerry arguing about tipping at the end just felt like classic Seinfeld. It was pretty cool.

yeah it did feel warm to the heart seeing the old gang together, George Costanza is actually based on Larry David, but anyways i have all nine seasons on dvd, it got me back to rewatching them from scratch lol

An update on new shows:

Castle: A last second addition to my list, really like it so far, despite having not seen season 1

Hank: Pretty bad. Hopefully Jordan Hinson will return to Eureka when it is canceled

The Middle: Another poor effort by ABC, don't expect it to last long

Cougar Town: Zany like Scrubs, better than Hank and The Middle, but not terribly great

Community: Already given up on it.

NCIS LA: Still decent, at best

the forgotten: I like it, but if it needs to go to help Castle stick around, I'm all for it

Eastwick: Still basically a chick show with people I like, but wouldn't mind cancellation if it helps Castle

Flash Forward: Still looking good so far, best of the new shows this fall, in my opinion

An update on new shows:

Castle: A last second addition to my list, really like it so far, despite having not seen season 1

Hank: Pretty bad. Hopefully Jordan Hinson will return to Eureka when it is canceled

The Middle: Another poor effort by ABC, don't expect it to last long

Cougar Town: Zany like Scrubs, better than Hank and The Middle, but not terribly great

Community: Already given up on it.

NCIS LA: Still decent, at best

the forgotten: I like it, but if it needs to go to help Castle stick around, I'm all for it

Eastwick: Still basically a chick show with people I like, but wouldn't mind cancellation if it helps Castle

Flash Forward: Still looking good so far, best of the new shows this fall, in my opinion

Castle is awesome, but I've had a man-crush on Nathan Filion since his Firefly days.

Kelsey Grammar is Frasier Crane. 'Nuff said.

Couger Town is awesome. My fave comedy. Courtney Cox is awesome!

Modern Family is hilarious.

And I have about 20 hours of shows on the PVR I haven't seen. (So don't ask me about Fringe yet, Fanny. LOL)

I tried to watch Cougar Town. I didn't even get through the first episode, I thought it was really boring. Old people jokes for old people. I don't like Busy Phillipps either. She was an annoying bitch on Freaks and Geeks and I haven't liked her since then just because of that character so my interest was killed right when I saw her.

I gave Parks and Recreation another chance this season and I've really liked it. Only criticism I'd have is Amy Poehler needs to stop trying to be Michael Scott and make the character her own. Only Steve Carell can do that character.

Community is another one I'd like to get around to watching just because of Joel McHale. Another forum I go to universally loves the show so I'll get to it eventually.

To quote Andy from The Office "I need to get my Lost on"

I've been watching The Jay Leno Show regularly. Not bad. Very easy to watch. I've been tempted at times to switch from Habs games and watch the show instead.

I loved the synchronizing tips thing.

I've been watching The Jay Leno Show regularly. Not bad. Very easy to watch. I've been tempted at times to switch from Habs games and watch the show instead.

Yeah, I've always liked Leno. I don't like the new show as much as much as when he was on at 11:30, but he's still better than all the other late night shows. (P.S. Jimmy Fallon's show is perhaps the worst ever.)

Yeah, I've always liked Leno. I don't like the new show as much as much as when he was on at 11:30, but he's still better than all the other late night shows. (P.S. Jimmy Fallon's show is perhaps the worst ever.)

I've been disappointed with Conan's move too, he was always my favourite non-Comedy Central guy. Hasn't been as good on The Late Show yet.

(although him and Andy dubbing manga last week was effin hilarious)

I've been disappointed with Conan's move too, he was always my favourite non-Comedy Central guy. Hasn't been as good on The Late Show yet.

(although him and Andy dubbing manga last week was effin hilarious)

Yeah, I never thought he'd be great at 11:30. I think he was pretty good at 12:30, because he could be himself. The 11:30 crowd doesn't appreciate wackiness as much as the later crowd and as expected, they've tried to reel Conan back to normalcy somewhat. Obviously, this hurts his natural humor.

I like Letterman, Conan, Kimmel and comedians like Maher more than I like Leno. But I still wind up watching his show the most now that it's on at 10!