The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

Person of Interest fills the void 24 left when it ended, a good action show, but it's clever and like Fanny said, it's cool that you don't know if the number that comes up belongs to a good or bad guy, they have so many things they can do. Two and a Half Men is, after 2 eps, already doomed. For How I Met Your Mother, the episodes are entertaining. BUT, I am waiting for CHUCK!!!! The premiere got pushed back to oct. 28 and I am PISSED!!!!

Nope. The actress who played Chloe in 24 is in it and she is not the least bit funny. I've seen her stand-up "comedy" before. Lame, lame, lame.

Any show with a laugh track gets a thumbs down from me. Too bad, because Murray from FotC is hilarious!

Any show with a laugh track gets a thumbs down from me. Too bad, because Murray from FotC is hilarious!

Urgh, this is why I only watched Whitney for 5 seconds. All laugh tracks need to be found and destroyed.

• Upvote 1

Urgh, this is why I only watched Whitney for 5 seconds. All laugh tracks need to be found and destroyed.

What you don't like being told which lines are funny? I thought laugh tracks had finally become old news but I've noticed it quite often lately.

What you don't like being told which lines are funny? I thought laugh tracks had finally become old news but I've noticed it quite often lately.

Well thankfully Arrested Development didn't use them.

Because it's coming back. Seriously.

A 10 episode season that leads into a movie. Confirmed by Will Arnett.

I am so freaking excited.

Oh crap, I forgot a link

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/10/02/arrested-development-to-return-for-final-limited-tv-season-before-movie/

Confirmed now by Jason Bateman as well.

A laugh track is better than a "live studio audience" being told when to laugh.

This is true. But basically I don't want to hear anything other than the actors when I'm watching a comedy. Let me decide whats funny.

Well thankfully Arrested Development didn't use them.

Because it's coming back. Seriously.

A 10 episode season that leads into a movie. Confirmed by Will Arnett.

I am so freaking excited.

I saw that this morning as well. YEAH !!! Cookookoo kookoo koo kooooo

• Upvote 1

I saw that this morning as well. YEAH !!! Cookookoo kookoo koo kooooo

So stoked. I gather the 10 episodes will be the back stories of what has happened over the past 5 years, and will lead up to the movie.

So stoked. I gather the 10 episodes will be the back stories of what has happened over the past 5 years, and will lead up to the movie.

Yep. Each episode will be about one of the characters. Then the movie will be all of them getting back together.

Nope. The actress who played Chloe in 24 is in it and she is not the least bit funny. I've seen her stand-up "comedy" before. Lame, lame, lame.

I never knew she was a stand up comedian. But after watching her videos..... Lame, lame, lame. The only reason why I might support this actress is because she was in Punch-Drunk Love.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody watch Walking Dead last night? Wasn't the greatest of episodes, but the scene with Carl having the bullet fragments removed was unbearable to watch. Not saying it was done poorly, or anything. It was just so hard to watch. It was amazingly well acted by Carl and Rick.

Are there any new good series, or is it a continuation of the usual weak fare?

Game of Thrones, of course.

And I told you the book would come out one day!

Game of Thrones, of course.

And I told you the book would come out one day!

Man I love that series! I read em all a couple years ago and was so excited when the newest one game out!

Man I love that series! I read em all a couple years ago and was so excited when the newest one game out!

I love the series. I just hope Martin gets them all out sometime this decade... He's taking his time, and he does NOT look like a healthy man! :unsure:

I love the series. I just hope Martin gets them all out sometime this decade... He's taking his time, and he does NOT look like a healthy man! :unsure:

I'm hoping that the show's success will inspire him to write faster (3 years per book?). At the end of the fifth book, the series is pretty well set up for a lot to happen in a relatively short amount of time. I think it's still possible to end the series in two books. I think he's got about a decade before he starts going senile.

I'm hoping that the show's success will inspire him to write faster (3 years per book?). At the end of the fifth book, the series is pretty well set up for a lot to happen in a relatively short amount of time. I think it's still possible to end the series in two books. I think he's got about a decade before he starts going senile.

Course... he could just kick the can like Robert Jordan (i know its his phantom writer name), author of The Wheel of Time Series, and we would have some friend of his finish the series.

Halloween Community tomorrow! We'll see if they can top last's years episode. Most shows I would expect not, but with how well they topped the first paintball episode, I have hope!

And only two more days till Chuck!

I didn't think they could top season 1's Halloween episode and they did. They're going with a vampire theme this year so I've got high hopes.

I didn't think they could top season 1's Halloween episode and they did. They're going with a vampire theme this year so I've got high hopes.

Well, the creators proved they were human, as they finally were unable to top themselves. It was my least favourite episode in a long time. I think they made a big mistake by airing this one and the dice rolling episode right next to each other. It was the exact same premise - 7 versions of something based on each character.

Well, the creators proved they were human, as they finally were unable to top themselves. It was my least favourite episode in a long time. I think they made a big mistake by airing this one and the dice rolling episode right next to each other. It was the exact same premise - 7 versions of something based on each character.

I liked it, but it wasn't fantastic.

Is John Goodman ever coming back?