The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

It wasn't as good as last years but it was still good. I didn't see it as the same premise though, I think it's closer to the fake flashback episode from last year.

And yeah, I've been wondering the same on Goodman. IMDB doesn't even have him listed for any future episodes.

Anybody watch Walking Dead last night? Wasn't the greatest of episodes, but the scene with Carl having the bullet fragments removed was unbearable to watch. Not saying it was done poorly, or anything. It was just so hard to watch. It was amazingly well acted by Carl and Rick.

It was, but I found this week content regarding Carl even worse. SPOILER ALERT

On a different vein, I wasn't really surprised when it turned out that Shane shot Otis to save himself and the medical supplies... But did he have to just wound him? Couldn't the same purpose have served by shooting him in the head and sparing him the horror of being eaten alive? Just seems.... unbelievably cruel when the guy JUST saved his life!

end SPOILER

Speaking of spoilers, didn't we used to have a spoiler font?

I think there is a belief that walkers will only go after the living. Not 100% if thats true or not from some conflicting scenes. So I think he figured a yelling and squirming Otis would be a much better distraction for the zombies. Again the seizure scene too, was unwatchable. I hate to pull this card (like they joked about on Family Guy with Brians kid) but since my daughter was born I have no stomach for that kind of stuff anymore. I used to watch the movies and think nothing of it. Now whenever I see a kid in pain, attacked or anything in a show or movie I keep putting my Ella in that situation in my mind and it tears me up.

I hated the Otis/Shane scene for so many reasons. Firstly the execution was awful, they had a healthy lead on the zombies with nothing in front of them. Even if one guy was slow and another was injured, they could have easily made it away together without losing time. If they'd made the situation more dire, then I think what they were going for would have worked better. Instead it felt unnecessary. I have a theory though that

they want to make Shane as unsympathetic a character as possible so that the audience hates him. That way when Carl finally shoots him in the face, no one will turn on or hate Carl

Secondly, the idea of wounding someone to help yourself goes against almost all the themes Kirkman has put forth in the book. And that lack of faithfulness to the source material really bugs me. I don't mind making story changes (such as Shane for some reason still living) but leave the themes alone.

Regarding Carl, things get much worse for the children of the Walking Dead world. This is nothing.

I think there is a belief that walkers will only go after the living. Not 100% if thats true or not from some conflicting scenes.

See, I thought that too. But in that very episode Andrea and Daryl come across the hanging walker, and Daryl specifically mentions that the other zombies ate his legs after he hanged himself. So maybe it was the larger distraction thing.

It wasn't as good as last years but it was still good. I didn't see it as the same premise though, I think it's closer to the fake flashback episode from last year.

And yeah, I've been wondering the same on Goodman. IMDB doesn't even have him listed for any future episodes.

Which is a shame, because one of the better underlying story lines is the Dean desperately trying to improve the college's standing, and the Vice-Dean would be a great villain for that.

That was the gnarliest I've ever seen Walking Dead, hahaha.

Those that watched it, you know what scene I'm talking about. Damn.

Oh man, that was so gross.

Anybody have the same difficulties placing the farmer's daughter like I did?

Just watched Chuck. Trying to figure out if theres a Dutch person on the writing staff. Only reason I can think of to have a character named Wesley Sneijder. Exact same spelling and everything. Played by Green Arrow/Aquaman no less. Never thought I'd see that guy again after Smallville ended.

Oh man, that was so gross.

Anybody have the same difficulties placing the farmer's daughter like I did?

I was eating spaghetti when he....popped, too. Ugh.

I know Maggie was also Volkoff's daughter on Chuck but thats it.

Just watched Chuck. Trying to figure out if theres a Dutch person on the writing staff. Only reason I can think of to have a character named Wesley Sneijder. Exact same spelling and everything. Played by Green Arrow/Aquaman no less. Never thought I'd see that guy again after Smallville ended.

I was eating spaghetti when he....popped, too. Ugh.

I know Maggie was also Volkoff's daughter on Chuck but thats it.

lol. I work at a hospital, so I've become accustomed to seeing/hearing gross things when I'm eating. I can only hope that you've got a pretty strong stomach. :)

Yeh, I couldn't place her for the longest time, which is funny because I always thought she was pretty cute on Chuck.

Ha! I knew the guy from Lost was named Sneijder and that his brother was Wesley, but I didn't put two and two together.

lol. I work at a hospital, so I've become accustomed to seeing/hearing gross things when I'm eating. I can only hope that you've got a pretty strong stomach. :)

Yeh, I couldn't place her for the longest time, which is funny because I always thought she was pretty cute on Chuck.

To be completely honest, at risk of sounding like a psycho, I mostly laughed. I laughed a lot. The whole scene was just so....ridiculous. Nonsensical almost.

Anyway, I'll take a shot in the dark here, but has anyone watched the Beavis and Butthead revival? Only two episodes so far but both were hysterical. That awful crap MTV has nowadays has needed some lampooning and Judge is doing it perfectly. The actual story parts are kind of boring but when they sit there and watch music videos or something like 16 and Pregnant....it's awesome.

Anyway, I'll take a shot in the dark here, but has anyone watched the Beavis and Butthead revival? Only two episodes so far but both were hysterical. That awful crap MTV has nowadays has needed some lampooning and Judge is doing it perfectly. The actual story parts are kind of boring but when they sit there and watch music videos or something like 16 and Pregnant....it's awesome.

I agree, I didn't watch Beavis and Butthead growing up, but I've watched the two new episodes and I love them.

On Walking Dead note: I still haven't read the comics but from the last episode and preview of next week :halm:

More and more barn talk, MERLE!!!, walkers invading farm.

I didn't like Daryl to start, but he has become easily the most likable character on the show.

I agree, I didn't watch Beavis and Butthead growing up, but I've watched the two new episodes and I love them.

Me either, I wasn't allowed as a kid so I only caught an episode here or there. Some of the lines are golden in this though. I died at basically every line when they watched Jersey Shore.

On Walking Dead note: I still haven't read the comics but from the last episode and preview of next week

%

Aw, that means no Christmas episode. :(

Edit: Wait, mid-season. For some reason I took that as immediately. Never mind. Still not a good sign though.

I also see Awake isn't on the schedule either, that sucks. Looking forward to that.