The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

LOL wow... so I'm watching Survivor right now and Coach is going off to Exile and he's not going to eat and he keeps talking in the third person... maybe Coach Wade is Alexstream?

Edited by Psycing

LOL that episode was so halarious, would have been better had I not known that Coach was going and maybe there was a chance Erinn was gone, but still funny.

And his Poem? AMAZING.

I can't wait for the finale! :)

Ive only watched a few seasons of survivor, but Coach has to be the greatest one yet.

Loved when he won immunity a few episodes back and yelled dragon slayer. Then as soon as they get back to camp, he asks JT if he heard him yell it haha.

Ive been rooting for JT from the beginning though, i wonder if one of him or Stephen will try and backstab each other, should be interesting. Stephen is a very smart player and he won't like his chances in the final two with JT by his side...

Ive only watched a few seasons of survivor, but Coach has to be the greatest one yet.

Loved when he won immunity a few episodes back and yelled dragon slayer. Then as soon as they get back to camp, he asks JT if he heard him yell it haha.

Ive been rooting for JT from the beginning though, i wonder if one of him or Stephen will try and backstab each other, should be interesting. Stephen is a very smart player and he won't like his chances in the final two with JT by his side...

By taking out Coach, Stephen basically has all the cards in his hands now - he'd be krazy to go to the final with JT, and the girls would be krazy to go to the final with JT as well.

Now... Stephen has a tough choice to make because if he takes out JT next (assuming he doesn't win immunity), then the girls could turn on Stephen and take him out rigth after if this season is a "final 2" and not a "final 3" for the vote.

But, Stephen could keep JT in hope that JT stays true and bring Steven to the end if he wins immunity - but doing so would basically give the million to JT.

In other words, Stephen has a better shot at the million if he takes out JT early - but he has to do it in a respectful way if JT is going to give him his jury vote to win.

I also found it pretty amazing that Taj never played the immunity Idol - if she makes it to the final two (or three), I'm sure she'll use that to show how good a game she has played (even if I don't think it was that great overall, it will be a good case to make in her favor).

Anyway, as someone who has seen each and every season of Survivor, this is definitely one of the better ones. Coach's character was really unique - I wonder how much of it was good editing and how much of it was just him lol.

By taking out Coach, Stephen basically has all the cards in his hands now - he'd be krazy to go to the final with JT, and the girls would be krazy to go to the final with JT as well.

Now... Stephen has a tough choice to make because if he takes out JT next (assuming he doesn't win immunity), then the girls could turn on Stephen and take him out rigth after if this season is a "final 2" and not a "final 3" for the vote.

But, Stephen could keep JT in hope that JT stays true and bring Steven to the end if he wins immunity - but doing so would basically give the million to JT.

In other words, Stephen has a better shot at the million if he takes out JT early - but he has to do it in a respectful way if JT is going to give him his jury vote to win.

I also found it pretty amazing that Taj never played the immunity Idol - if she makes it to the final two (or three), I'm sure she'll use that to show how good a game she has played (even if I don't think it was that great overall, it will be a good case to make in her favor).

Anyway, as someone who has seen each and every season of Survivor, this is definitely one of the better ones. Coach's character was really unique - I wonder how much of it was good editing and how much of it was just him lol.

Im still partial to the 1st one for nostalgia's sake, but this has been pretty epic for sure.

I actually forget sometimes that Erinn is even in this game, I figured she was going out in the first two or three.

I don't see a backstab coming from JT, and I don't know if I see one coming from Stephen, but I wouldn't put it past him.

None of the other survivors have really shown up in any of the challenges, except for Stephen's one win. I'm betting JT has a chance to win his way into the final two. Though one of them will probably be fallen comrades and that could be anyone's guess.

On a completely different note, the LOST Finally was great. I Love the contrasting Good/Evil God/Satan thing going on between Jacob and that other guy.

I wonder if the final season starts back at LAX in 2004, or if the O6 are on their was to 2007. Jacob said "They're coming" right before fake Locke kicked him in the fire, could he mean the O6? I wonder where Christian fits into all of this too. I could see him being an Angel or something to Jacob's God.

The religious symbolism might get a little nuts next season.

On a completely different note, the LOST Finally was great. I Love the contrasting Good/Evil God/Satan thing going on between Jacob and that other guy.

I wonder if the final season starts back at LAX in 2004, or if the O6 are on their was to 2007. Jacob said "They're coming" right before fake Locke kicked him in the fire, could he mean the O6? I wonder where Christian fits into all of this too. I could see him being an Angel or something to Jacob's God.

My biggest question is still where the hell is Claire?

My initial thought was that they'll all end up on the plane and will land safely in 2004 and we'll see them play out their lives. Of course, that just sounds too "Simple" for LOST lol.

Meanwhile, when he said "they're coming" I think he meant the ppl from the new plane who found Locke's body. Them and Richard Alpert.

BTW, by Christian you mean Jack's dad, right? My guess was that Christian's body was actually "taken over" like Lockes is now by that other guy w/ Jacob. This would explain why Christian is essentially gone now that Fake Locke is running about.

I'm more wondering what the hell happened to Claire? Maybe I'm forgetting something about her? But wasn't she alive with Christian at one point in season 4?

My biggest question is still where the hell is Claire?

LOL exactly! I just wrote that up there too :P

I'm more wondering what the hell happened to Claire? Maybe I'm forgetting something about her? But wasn't she alive with Christian at one point in season 4?

Yeah, I didn't like how she just wandered off and left Aaron without any sort of explanation. Mysteries are one thing, that was just kid of weird. At least we'll find out next season, she's supposed to be back full-time.

My initial thought was that they'll all end up on the plane and will land safely in 2004 and we'll see them play out their lives. Of course, that just sounds too "Simple" for LOST lol.

Meanwhile, when he said "they're coming" I think he meant the ppl from the new plane who found Locke's body. Them and Richard Alpert.

I think "they're coming" was refering to what they were talking about back at the start of the episode on the beach when the boat was coming. Seems that as long as people are coming to island, the cycle never ends. And if the bomb succeeded in stopping the incident from making the plan crash, then Locke never gets on the island and Fake Locke never gets Ben to kill Jacob.

Didnt she die in the forest and just made random ghost appearances? 

Nope, she just wandered off to Jacobs' cabin and then vanished.

Don't you mean not-Jacob's cabin?

Don't you mean not-Jacob's cabin?

Well, we are led to believe it was originally Jacob's. Jacob recruits Ilana, and the cabin is obviously where she is told to meet him. There's also the drawing of the statue that tells them where he has gone.

P.S. I loved some of the people brought into the show this year. Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana) who was in one of my favorite short-lived shows, The Lone Gunmen. Reiko Aylesworth (Ethan's mother) who was Michelle Dessler on 24. And last year there was Fisher Stevens, who I liked in Early Edition.

I'll be very disappointed next year if Walt doesn't end up having a significant role. He was definitely one of the more interesting and "special" characters on the island, it was a shame they couldn't find a better way to deal with him aging in real life faster than he should be on the island. Letting him leave the island seemed like the easy way out for the writers. I also want to find out more about Libby, but at this point that's probably a pipe dream.

Well, we are led to believe it was originally Jacob's. Jacob recruits Ilana, and the cabin is obviously where she is told to meet him. There's also the drawing of the statue that tells them where he has gone.

P.S. I loved some of the people brought into the show this year. Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana) who was in one of my favourite short-lived shows, The Lone Gunmen. Reiko Aylesworth (Ethan's mother) who was Michelle Dessler on 24. And last year there was Fisher Stevens, who I liked in Early Edition.

I'll be very disappointed next year if Walt doesn't end up having a significant role. He was definitely one of the more interesting and "special" characters on the island, it was a shame they couldn't find a better way to deal with him aging in real life faster than he should be on the island. Letting him leave the island seemed like the easy way out for the writers. I also want to find out more about Libby, but at this point that's probably a pipe dream.

Thank you for placing her for me! It's been bugging me since she appeared. And I loved that show too.

And yeh, the cabin was definitely Jacob's at some point, but I wonder how long the "other mysterious force" has been inhabiting it and masquerading as Jacob. I suspect that this kind of ploy had been done before, and that was why the crew burned down the cabin so quickly.

I'm not optimistic that we'll see Walt again. You're right, he was a "special" character, but I think his real-life aging has gotten in the way of his story (much like the real-life DUIs got in the way of other stories). You never know though. We have no idea when the final season is going to take place. Perhaps his character will be age-appropriate...

Edited by lazy26

Churck renewed for 13 episodes

Thank goodness it's back! I was checking Google news a couple times a day for the last couple weeks, haha. They're letting two staff writers go and the secondary cast will be scaled back to lower costs. That supposedly means their appearances will be rotated, though one may have to go. Maybe Morgan and Ana will actually go to Hawaii?

Bigger news: Fringe, the sci-fi drama from Fox which has elements of X-Files sewn throughout, is being moved to the major Thursday time slot, 9-10, against Grey's Eveningtime Soap Anatomy and CSI. This is either going to work out magnificently, or crash and burn badly. For those who haven't seen Fringe, get on board if you liked X-Files at all. It's an amazing show. With CSI losing Grissom (William Petersen) and with Grey's getting more and more campy, this could just be the time for Fringe to take off. Fingers crossed - it's the best network TV show I've seen since X-Files.

I'm shocked actually, it's a show with intelligence! Usually they get cancelled after 4 episodes.

Bigger news: Fringe, the sci-fi drama from Fox which has elements of X-Files sewn throughout, is being moved to the major Thursday time slot, 9-10, against Grey's Eveningtime Soap Anatomy and CSI. This is either going to work out magnificently, or crash and burn badly. For those who haven't seen Fringe, get on board if you liked X-Files at all. It's an amazing show. With CSI losing Grissom (William Petersen) and with Grey's getting more and more campy, this could just be the time for Fringe to take off. Fingers crossed - it's the best network TV show I've seen since X-Files.

I'm shocked actually, it's a show with intelligence! Usually they get cancelled after 4 episodes.

I think Fringe will do fine there. The competition from Grey's and CSI shouldn't be much different from The Mentalist and Dancing With the Stars. Any potential monetary loss from slightly lower ratings ought to be offset by the move to Vancouver to cost production costs.

As for its success, I think having JJ Abrams behind the show is a primary reason. He's the "it" producer right now.

What a bunch of ######ing bullshit, now I'm gonna have to fight my dad to watch The Office. What the hell, it's the only show where I make a point of watching it on TV. Why can't shows just stay in the same damn place. (Sorry, that was the first I heard and I had to vent my anger)

People were telling me Fringe got out of it's slow start so I watched the season finale. The show is still as dry as ever, I can't get involved in it at all. Totally overhyped. Now that it's been moved, I just hate it even more.

As for its success, I think having JJ Abrams behind the show is a primary reason. He's the "it" producer right now.

In TV land, it's Seth MacFarlane actually. The highest paid writer-producer on TV, his shows are getting additional seasons before the first one even airs. He's getting every big name out there to work with him too. Eminem was just part of the FG season finale and Kanye is going to be on The Cleveland Show.

The guy can do whatever the hell he wants now and people will watch. Thats how a C-List character from a show seriously going down the tubes gets his own freaking show. That cavalcade of comedy crap just somehow got released on DVD too, watch it become a giant seller.

• 1 month later...

So, Lost fans (amongst many other TV lovers), I'm going to Comic-Con and this:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/comiccon-bo...-tv-lineup.html

says there's going to be some interesting stuff going down! I'll take donations for a camera, a jet stick from Bell, and the roaming costs to post 'as it happens' stuff. :P

I'm hoping Jets doesn't turn TOO green with envy. :D

Edited by Colin

So, Lost fans (amongst many other TV lovers), I'm going to Comic-Con and this:

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/comiccon-bo...-tv-lineup.html

says there's going to be some interesting stuff going down! I'll take donations for a camera, a jet stick from Bell, and the roaming costs to post 'as it happens' stuff. :P

I'm hoping Jets doesn't turn TOO green with envy. :D

For the TV portion, I'm only envious if theres an Office panel.

And I'm pretty sure there is. :(

• 3 weeks later...