The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

I'll use the spoiler thingy in case someone hasn't seen tonight's episode of Chuck.

Tonight's episode without a doubt should have been the season finale. It would have been an excellent way to end a show that might not be back next year. It had good elements of closure - Chuck is rid of the intersect, Morgan making his dream happen, the implication that Chuck and Sarah will be together, Chuck's family reunited, etc. It also had enough elements to keep people wondering during the summer. Will Chuck and Sarah really be together? Is Morgan really leaving? How can the show go on if Chuck isn't the intersect anymore? This episode was a perfect opportunity to not totally piss off fans if the series is canceled. I'll be even more pissed at NBC if they air a cliffhanger and then cancel it.

Agreed, I actually thought I'd gotten confused about when the finale was. As the last 10-15 minutes were unfolding I started thinking how they had enough material to do one more episode but of course Chevy comes at the end (wasn't he directly hit by a missle anyway? Is he secretly a robot or something?). But yeah, I agree with you, I was a little ticked they threw in a cliffhanger, I was hoping I'd been mistaken about when the finale was.

"Along with Fox's sci-fi duo, the most discussed bubble show online is NBC's "Chuck," which finally showed a ratings uptick this past week but is still performing marginally despite a strong fan base. The dramedy's chances also have been hurt by the promising start of NBC's police drama "Southland," as the network will have only few hourlong slots in the fall when Jay Leno takes over the 10 p.m. hour every night."

There's still hope...

Basically, if Chuck dies, you can blame Jay Leno. :P

"Along with Fox's sci-fi duo, the most discussed bubble show online is NBC's "Chuck," which finally showed a ratings uptick this past week but is still performing marginally despite a strong fan base. The dramedy's chances also have been hurt by the promising start of NBC's police drama "Southland," as the network will have only few hourlong slots in the fall when Jay Leno takes over the 10 p.m. hour every night."

There's still hope...

Basically, if Chuck dies, you can blame Jay Leno. :P

I think Fanpuck and myself knew that already, lol.

That Leno show is really starting to tick me off, I hope it bombs. He's not funny.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super super sick so I'll make this quick. I haven't been on the computer in a couple days and did a quick run through of all the sites I visit. This was one of the top headlines on IGN.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/979/979100p1.html

Sounds like NBC will announce tomorrow that Chuck has been renewed. Pretty sweet.

I'm super super sick so I'll make this quick. I haven't been on the computer in a couple days and did a quick run through of all the sites I visit. This was one of the top headlines on IGN.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/979/979100p1.html

Sounds like NBC will announce tomorrow that Chuck has been renewed. Pretty sweet.

Man, there are so many conflicting reports surrounding Chuck. Some saying we'll find out tomorrow, some saying they'll still wait a couple more weeks. It's killing me! I don't think I've ever been so wrapped around whether or not a show is coming back.

Still no official word on Chuck, but things are starting to look bright. Most sources either say it's now likely to return or is already in negotiation.

Scrubs season/series finale was on tonight, it was pretty good. The last 10-15 minutes was excellent. I may now have a new favorite Scrubs moment. Hooch is crazy. I totally lost it.

Scrubs season/series finale was on tonight, it was pretty good. The last 10-15 minutes was excellent. I may now have a new favourite Scrubs moment. Hooch is crazy. I totally lost it.

I missed it! The girlfriend and I ended up going for a walk while it was on. I tried to watch it online later, but all the pirate episodes put up as "My Finale" were actually older episodes.

I really want to see it though :(

I missed it! The girlfriend and I ended up going for a walk while it was on. I tried to watch it online later, but all the pirate episodes put up as "My Finale" were actually older episodes.

I really want to see it though :(

If your girlfriend wanted to go for a walk while Scrubs was on, then it's clearly time to find a new one! :lol:

If your girlfriend wanted to go for a walk while Scrubs was on, then it's clearly time to find a new one! :lol:

She likes the show, just not as much as I do. We'll see it online next time I'm in town, I'm sure.

LOST finale anyone? WOWOWOWOWOW.

I hate having to wait until next year to see Season 6 though... :(

I thought it was sort of anti-climatic. Juliette having to blow up the bomb seemed like filler to get to the end of the 2nd hour. I was very disappointed that Jacob was someone we've never seen before. Ending the season with the bomb going off was too predictable.

I thought it was sort of anti-climatic. Juliette having to blow up the bomb seemed like filler to get to the end of the 2nd hour. I was very disappointed that Jacob was someone we've never seen before. Ending the season with the bomb going off was too predictable.

Question is, who is it that took over Locke's soul :P

Obviously the guy from the beginning of the episode who said he'd kill Jacob as soon as he found a loophole.

I know, but we still don't really know "who" he is... lol.

The Sawyer vs. Jack fight was pretty funny too.

Watching it right now actually - I missed Monday's episode so I'm catching up.

oh man the finale was so freaking good. I can't believe I have to wait until the fall to find out where the story goes.

Coach finally got kicked off Survivor.

Woooooooooo!

NOOOOOOOO you should black that crap out mahn... I hadn't watched it yet... D'OH! :(

I knew I shouldn't have come into this thread again tonight... hahahaha

worst... I was totally going for coach because he was halarious

Well, I hadn't seen Lost yet.

You run the risk coming in here. :P

haha yeah it was totally my mistake, but i didn't think anyone else was watching survivor... :P I saw you posted here and I figured you were talking about LOST lol.

Oh well, I'm sure the episode will still be entertaining... it's been one of my favourite seasons by far.

haha yeah it was totally my mistake, but i didn't think anyone else was watching survivor... :P I saw you posted here and I figured you were talking about LOST lol.

Oh well, I'm sure the episode will still be entertaining... it's been one of my favourite seasons by far.

My dad is the really big Survivor fan, he hasn't missed one episode in all 18 seasons. I just drift in and out, I only watched the last half tonight because I wanted to see if Coach would get kicked out. I've never disliked someone on the show more. All that dragon slayer crap was getting annoying. Or that story he told about pygmy's eating his ass or something.

My dad is the really big Survivor fan, he hasn't missed one episode in all 18 seasons. I just drift in and out, I only watched the last half tonight because I wanted to see if Coach would get kicked out. I've never disliked someone on the show more. All that dragon slayer crap was getting annoying. Or that story he told about pygmy's eating his ass or something.

Haha that story was epic! There's someone on Twitter who has their account as if they were Coach and it has some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen - saying things such as "My tattoos were given to me from a tribe that has now been wiped out, their culture will die with me" lol.

Also, just finished watching House (it was interupted by hockey and sleep) and a great finale indeed!

NOOOOOOOO you should black that crap out mahn... I hadn't watched it yet... D'OH! :(

I knew I shouldn't have come into this thread again tonight... hahahaha

worst... I was totally going for coach because he was halarious

Seriously jets, spoiler alert man... brutal! :P