The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

FlashForward has definitely won me over. They're developing the storyline great and I really think it can take over where LOST leaves off after its final 6th season.

• 2 weeks later...
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/20/castl...n-pick-up/31056

Castle picked up more 9 more episodes this season! :clap:

(It's a full season pick-up; just the balance of what would have been ordered to complete the season.) Good news, Castle is safe until the off-season. Wrangle up more fans. Get Universal Remotes and turn on TV's all over the continent to Castle!

The first minute of Castle tonight was beyond awesome!

I don't watch Castle but I found out what it was on the other board I go to. That is pretty awesome.

Apparently there were references to Captain Hammer and Buffy too.

NBC is close to ordering up to 6 additional episodes of Chuck on top of the 13 it already approved. This also means Chuck could potentially come back sooner then expected.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/104/1040251p1.html#at

:clap:

Looks like Trauma has been canceled, but they are going to produce and air all 13 episodes that they ordered. 6 have aired thus far, leaving enough episodes to them them most of the way through Christmas. So the rumors that the 6 new episodes implies a January return for Chuck make sense. Awesome news.

Scrubs(2) got a premier date, December 1st after V.

The first minute of Castle tonight was beyond awesome!

"The last time you wore that was five years ago, wasn't it?"

"Yeah. So?"

"Time to get over it."

No, I beg to differ. When Castle finishes its run, I want Firefly back!

I'm rapidly cooling on Flash Forward. I'll give it a few more shows but it has been very slow the last few weeks.

I just watched last week's episode last night and I have to agree, in general it held my interest a lot less than previous ones. Hopefully they can pick up the pace more. I'm much more interested in the mystery and intrigue of the investigation as opposed to the weird Olivia-Lloyd-Mark story.

I thought this week's Fast Forward was quite good, although it did upset me quite a bit. I was hoping the famous Jett Jackson was going to be a regular.

Just got done watching the series premiere of V. I was kind of worried they would struggle with setting up the story with only a one hour premier, but they pulled it off well. It sucks they're only airing three more eipsodes before going on hiatus until February.

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw an article on this or anything but Chuck coming back in January is confirmed. Saw a couple ads while watching The Office and 30 Rock tonight that said so.

A lot of it was just Yvonne in a bikini coming out of a pool. I hope they make that a multi-episode arc. It can be in super slow motion.

I never saw an article on this or anything but Chuck coming back in January is confirmed. Saw a couple ads while watching The Office and 30 Rock tonight that said so.

A lot of it was just Yvonne in a bikini coming out of a pool. I hope they make that a multi-episode arc. It can be in super slow motion.

Nice! Looks like they'll have two episodes on Sunday the 10th and then into it's regular time slot at 8 on the 11th. Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_zNdCRxBRw

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz2UXFA5yM...feature=related

This is a good watch for TMNT fans. While the new TMNT got weird after the first season or so, they went out with a nice touch of class. In the final episode(s) before Nickelodeon takes over the franchise, Mirgage Studios gives us a nice tribute that incorporates the 2000's turtles, the 1980's turtles, and numerous other turtles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz2UXFA5yM...feature=related

This is a good watch for TMNT fans. While the new TMNT got weird after the first season or so, they went out with a nice touch of class. In the final episode(s) before Nickelodeon takes over the franchise, Mirgage Studios gives us a nice tribute that incorporates the 2000's turtles, the 1980's turtles, and numerous other turtles.

Ok, theres no way I'm watching this on youtube but thats pretty cool. I'm gonna check around to see if I can download it (shouldn't be hard). Watch an episode of the '03 version here and there but never really dug it. The last movie (the CGI one) was probably the best adaptation of the Turtles so far.

I'm gonna rage if Venus shows up though.

I'm gonna rage if Venus shows up though.

She didn't actively show up, though she could have been shown in a picture at some point. There's a lot of speculation, though, that she'll be back when Nickelodeon launches their new cartoon in 2012, to go along with the new movie. The original creators, particularly Laird, hated the character, which is why she never reappeared. Now that he's out of the picture, though, anything can happen.

Anyone else like the show Fringe? I think it is a highly under rated show. It's like X-files v2.0!

For sure. I just hope Fox gets it out of that time slot. I keep hearing about the show being in danger, which is obviously due to the fact that it's going up against The Office, CSI, and Grey's Anatomy. House is the only scripted show Fox has that could compete in that slot.

I agree. I can see their thinking, having it come after Bones for a good lead in.

Another show people might check out if they like sci-fi is this canadian show called Sanctuary. It's about a group of people who hunt down mutants/freaks of nature called abnormals...and either lock them up for their safety or the safety of the public, real neat show. It stars that female chick from Stargate, Amanda Tapping.

Edited by bar

She didn't actively show up, though she could have been shown in a picture at some point. There's a lot of speculation, though, that she'll be back when Nickelodeon launches their new cartoon in 2012, to go along with the new movie. The original creators, particularly Laird, hated the character, which is why she never reappeared. Now that he's out of the picture, though, anything can happen.

Yeah, I know Laird hates her, he's vowed to never ever talk about her. She wasn't in any of the pictures though (I guess I should say I watched it last night) which was nice, she would've been in with the movie turtles. I went through each of the dimension's pictures, I recognized most of them, lol. They even included the really crappy Anime turtles (it's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen because TMNT was first designed as a way of mocking Manga.)

The show itself was pretty good. I only got the feeling that someone didn't like the 80s show version. They were really toned down but not to the point of incompetence. They had them ALL acting like Mike which was kind of weird to see. Original voice actors would've been nice too but Cam Clarke is probably kind of expensive these days. Weird to see Leo talking like Mewtwo.

Transporting them to the original comic was ridiculous fan service but oh so awesome. I'm not sure how many people are aware the Turtles are supposed to be a badass, violent group of heroes. I've always wanted to see what Frank Miller would do with them since the first cover is a homage to Ronin.

The show itself was pretty good. I only got the feeling that someone didn't like the 80s show version. They were really toned down but not to the point of incompetence. They had them ALL acting like Mike which was kind of weird to see. Original voice actors would've been nice too but Cam Clarke is probably kind of expensive these days. Weird to see Leo talking like Mewtwo.

I think the exaggeration of the 80's turtles likely came from Laird, himself. He's obviously very grateful to the cartoon for cementing his creation into pop culture, but he wasn't especially thrilled about how different the show was from the original creation. Granted, I don't know how involved he was in the new show, if at all. Of course, it also could have simply been a statement about how kids today would view the original cartoon. My cousin, a big fan of the new turtles, stayed here over the summer, so I put on one of my TMNT DVDs. he couldn't make through a single episode.

Yeah, money surely came into play with the original voice actors. Laird and Mirage (and now Nickelodeon) don't own the rights to the 80's cartoon, they are owned by the animation company, Fred Wolf Films. Thus, I'm sure they had to pay to use the likenesses of the characters, which probably made it impossible to also afford the voice actors. One thing I liked about the 80's voices was something I don't even know if they did on purpose. Occasionally the turtles sounded wrong. I don't know if it was just bad voice acting, or if they were paying homage to the fact that they often used secondary voice actors and even mixed up characters back in the 80's.

I might be a little late, but I just started season 1 of Heroes on DVD. Looks good. :lol:

Temper your expectations, as season 1 is the best season. That's not to say the other seasons are bad, but they tend to lack a cohesive vision. I still watch the show every week, but I don't look forward to it like I did that first season.

Anyone watching the new Scrubs? I liked the first two but I'm still skeptical of whether it will be able to continue once JD is gone (he's only signed on for 4 more episodes i believe)

It's ok. I'm not crazy about it, but as a long time Scrubs fan, I'll keep watching. I liked the girl who is taking over the daydreams, but I didn't really like either of the two new male characters. James Franco's little brother's character is just a tool. Cox and Kelso were always "jerky" characters, but in a likeable way. Not this new guy. The Aussie med student needs more screen time.