The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

So what about Desperate Housewives makes them think it bleeds comfortable into Castle? Housewives is a chick/guy's guilty pleasure show and Castle isn't either of those things.

Women. Women, women and more women. Nathon Filion = man-meat. All these women need is just a little glimpse of someone hot and not fat, picking his belly button, and begging for dinner. The character is what most men aren't, and so pairing it with the Housewives may just pull a pile of women out for the regular night. I think it's a smart move, myself.

Women. Women, women and more women. Nathon Filion = man-meat. All these women need is just a little glimpse of someone hot and not fat, picking his belly button, and begging for dinner. The character is what most men aren't, and so pairing it with the Housewives may just pull a pile of women out for the regular night. I think it's a smart move, myself.

So when are you getting your own show Colin?

Edited by goalerexpert86

Castle has put up three straight improvements for new shows in 2010 and their repeat was a high mark for repeats. Starting to look increasingly positive that it could be picked up next season.

Castle has put up three straight improvements for new shows in 2010 and their repeat was a high mark for repeats. Starting to look increasingly positive that it could be picked up next season.

Almost seems like a certainty at this point. They've ordered more episodes for the second time this season and have green lit a second Rick Castle novel.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow. I'm blown away by the season finale of Dexter... still shaking.

Now, maybe because I'm an idiot, I'm unclear about...

Clearly it looks like she was killed by Arthur...

Dexter is...

...in a world of shit now. At the beginning of Getaway he pushes Quinn to the ground. Dexter punched Elliot. Masuka saw Elliot kissing Rita and Masuka told Quinn about "Jungle Cat Lila". Quinn is already suspicious at this point. Then Dexter's in jail for the traffic accident. The other driver takes Dexter's picture with his cell phone. The arrest and the picture could add up to further suspicion against him. It was dusk when Trinity was leaving the city. And it was dark when Dex drugged and killed him. He has one hell of an alibi to come up with. The last night scene before the day Rita dies is when Trinity breaks into Deborah's (Dexter's old) apartment. The next scene is Dexter sending the kids and Rita off in the morning. He goes straight to Trinity's house and then the raid happens...etc. He notices the windshield and puts 2 and 2 together with the auto body receipt he has. Even if the raid at Trinity's happened at 12:00 (it could easily have been earlier since it's possible he was at Trinity's as early as 9) and taking into account it's dusk when Trinity drives away. That's at least a 5 hour window to kill Rita. It could be a 9 hour window. To top it all off he's a splatter expert and knows how to stage a Trinity bathtub killing. He touches the rim of the tub. Closes Rita's eyes and his heels walk in the blood when he carries Harrison out of the bathroom. He's tracking blood through the house as the episode ends. Yikes!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Dexter is...

...in a world of shit now. At the beginning of Getaway he pushes Quinn to the ground. Dexter punched Elliot. Masuka saw Elliot kissing Rita and Masuka told Quinn about "Jungle Cat Lila". Quinn is already suspicious at this point. Then Dexter's in jail for the traffic accident. The other driver takes Dexter's picture with his cell phone. The arrest and the picture could add up to further suspicion against him. It was dusk when Trinity was leaving the city. And it was dark when Dex drugged and killed him. He has one hell of an alibi to come up with. The last night scene before the day Rita dies is when Trinity breaks into Deborah's (Dexter's old) apartment. The next scene is Dexter sending the kids and Rita off in the morning. He goes straight to Trinity's house and then the raid happens...etc. He notices the windshield and puts 2 and 2 together with the auto body receipt he has. Even if the raid at Trinity's happened at 12:00 (it could easily have been earlier since it's possible he was at Trinity's as early as 9) and taking into account it's dusk when Trinity drives away. That's at least a 5 hour window to kill Rita. It could be a 9 hour window. To top it all off he's a splatter expert and knows how to stage a Trinity bathtub killing. He touches the rim of the tub. Closes Rita's eyes and his heels walk in the blood when he carries Harrison out of the bathroom. He's tracking blood through the house as the episode ends. Yikes!

Thanks for the response, man. Now I'm gonna have to watch the episode again, because it's been over 2 months since I watched the episode, and I can't remember enough details lol.

You often see TVs on in the background of a show. At bars, in store windows, in malls, etc. The last year or so I've started noticing a trend. An unusually high percentage of such televisions are showing hockey. I guess hockey is quite popular among set managers in Hollywood, haha. Go hockey!

Yeah, NBC renewed their whole Thursday lineup yesterday. I was unnecessarily sweating it out over The Office just because it was renewed in January last year. It finally beat Grey's Anatomy in the ratings this week. Community and Parks and Rec also managed to pull decent numbers while going against American Idol.

I thought you didn't like Community though.

I thought you didn't like Community though.

I didn't dislike it, but I didn't like it enough after the first couple eps to go out of my way to watch it. I already had Bones and Flash Forward in the same time slot, so I gave up on Community prematurely. A couple months later, my cable provider started putting NBC shows onDemand, so it became a lot easier to follow and I really got into it.

Chuck was excellent tonight. Best episode of the season, other than the mini-arc about Awesome. Looks like Awesome and Ellie could be leaving for a bit, but that will just mean more screen time for the Buy More gang. As much as I like the two of them, it's less obvious when they're not involved in the show, compared to the Buy More gang.

I don't know if I could possibly enjoy Lost more then I am right now.

It's been up and down for me. I am really enjoying the individual episodes, but frustration builds as we seem to get fewer answers than expected every episode.

The episode tonight was my favourite of the season though and I think I'll end up really appreciating this season on reflection/second and third viewings.

Indeed, this has been the best since the very first season. I was thrilled when they first announced the 3 year plan and it's paying off just as much now as it did after saving the show from a rocky third season. They finally had to give themselves a direction to stick with and now we're starting to see the benefits of allowing them to end things on their own terms.

On a side note, does anyone else thing that they should not list guest stars until the end of episodes? It takes away from things that are supposed to be surprising, such as Widmore's appearance at the end of last night's episode. I saw his name pop up in the opening credits and when he hadn't shown up by the end, it was obvious he would be in the submarine.

Edited by Fanpuck33

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/10/syfys...ing-roles/44498

News for Firefly fans - Jewel Staite and Sean Maher will be guest starring together on Warehouse 13 this summer. Maher will be "an unassuming guy" and Staite will be "the object of his unrequited love." Do I smell a case of a guy not having the balls to make a move on a girl who likes him just as much as he likes her? laugh.gif

What will amount to be the series finale of the forgotten was on last night. I liked the show, but won't really miss it now that it's gone. I am glad they ended it the way they did, though. Rarely do you see a show canceled this early have a chance at giving any closure to the show.

Oh, and here's just one more reason why Letterman sucks:

ept_sports_nhl_experts-739261494-1268161

On a side note, does anyone else thing that they should not list guest stars until the end of episodes? It takes away from things that are supposed to be surprising, such as Widmore's appearance at the end of last night's episode. I saw his name pop up in the opening credits and when he hadn't shown up by the end, it was obvious he would be in the submarine.

Frustrates me to no end. Glad I missed Widemore's name in the credits yesterday. But seeing all of the guest stars in the premiere really sucked.

Me too. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over.

• 2 weeks later...