The Official TV Thread

jetsniper

No, I'm just saying, you're talking like one is better then the other when you don't watch Bionic Woman. I wasn't comparing them, I just mentioned them in the same paragraph. All of a sudden theres an attack on Bionic Woman.

Which has received an order for 4 more scripts, actually. They ordered more for Chuck and Bionic Woman at the same time (along with Journeyman and Life). More scripts don't mean anything right now though, not with the impending strike.

Do you mean me for Chuck's sister? I don't like Scrubs so I don't watch it.

I wasn't bashing Bionic Woman, I just brought it up because I knew you liked it. I was just saying what I heard about it, I wasn't bashing it or anything.

What strike?

Anyone who reads this thread. But wow, you're the first person I've encountered who dislikes Scrubs. Everyone else either loves it or has never given it a chance.

Oh, well it sounded like bashing to me, my mistake. Probably because you already said it was a stupid idea to remake a bad show, my mind somehow connected the two together. :P

As for the strike: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_fil...rike_%282008%29

Studios are trying to greelight as many things as possible right now so that they can continue to release things while the strike is on-going. Note the list of high-priority films at the end there, thats how I found out. A Justice League film is one of 300 high-priority things. Almost every writer, director and actor will be on strike.

I remember another report that the Writer's Guild could go on strike as soon as the end of the month.

EDIT: Ah, it's in there, their contract ends on October 31st.

Im a huge TV buff but just found this thread... good show boys. I really watch by far too much television. I love 24 and Prison Break on Mondays, and have always been a fan of the simpsons and family guy, plus reality shows Survivor and the Amazing Race. Can't forget Entourage and Big love on TMN. My absolute favourite show on TV right now is House, I really can't get enough of it.

As far as the new shows this year I really have gotten into Dirty Sexy Money which has been quite solid. I've also dabbled with the Big Bang Theory which has some promise. Im hoping to get a chance to watch a little of Cane and Pushing Daisies when I get a chance.

Boy, I have a long night ahead of me. Three hours of NBC shows AND the Habs game is on Versus.

2 hours of NBC, 1 hour of FOX and half an hour of ABC. Thankfully theres no sports tonight. *phew*

I'm not looking forward to 24 coming back. :wacko:

Kristen Bell makes her debut on Heroes tonight. :clap:

:clap::clap::clap:

I'll have to miss the end of the Habs game to watch it. (well, I'll be flipping back and forth)

Anyone know where i can find the premiere of Scrubs?

http://www.nbc.com/Scrubs/video/episodes.shtml

Bad news for Chuck and Journeyman, both are struggling in the ratings. Journeyman seems destined for cancellation, while Chuck will need a boost to overcome its decrease over the last three weeks. Even Heroes isn't doing that great.

http://www.nbc.com/Scrubs/video/episodes.shtml

Bad news for Chuck and Journeyman, both are struggling in the ratings. Journeyman seems destined for cancellation, while Chuck will need a boost to overcome its decrease over the last three weeks. Even Heroes isn't doing that great.

So NBC is just doing terrible on Mondays then.

By the way, do you know who that guy was on Chuck? The escaped scientist guy. He looked familiar and I want to say it was Bam Margera but I know it's not him.

Dude, the end of Heroes was freakin' awesome last night.

*thinks hard*

Wasn't it just Peter returning back to the present day?

Oh wait but then Kensei showed up! (well, Adam) Had to jog my memory there for a second but yeah, that was pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tv.com/story/10467.html?tag=gum...om_clk=gumballs

Bionic Woman has shut down production, as are many other shows produced for the US in Canada. Other good shows affected by this are Smallville, Psych and The 4400, both of which have shut down completely for the time being. This sucks, Psych is one of my favorite shows.

• 2 weeks later...

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/en...gives-life.html

"NBC picked up the new programs 'Life' and 'Chuck' for full seasons on Monday.

As ABC did with the new drama 'Dirty Sexy Money,' NBC gave these programs full season pickups during the Writers Guild of America strike, which began on Nov. 5. So the true length of their seasons will depend on whether the WGA and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, who returned to the bargaining table for a new round of settlement talks on Monday, resolve the writers strike soon.

By the way, critic Alan Sepinwall adds to the buzz I've been hearing and states that in his opinion, "Bionic Woman" "is basically dead." And he points out that "Journeyman" (which my husband really likes, but I'm more in the "meh" camp) is the only new NBC show with its fate left up in the air at this point. "

I didn't watch it tonight. I usually miss it and end up downloading it. The last episode I saw was the one where Michael Scott pulls Survivor man. I'm not even sure if that was the last "new" one or not. I'll have to check imdb.

Survivor was great tonight though, not sure anyone watches that anymore. :P

I didn't watch it tonight. I usually miss it and end up downloading it. The last episode I saw was the one where Michael Scott pulls Survivor man. I'm not even sure if that was the last "new" one or not. I'll have to check imdb.

There was one more new episode the week after that one.

6 days until Dexter. I am telling u guys...this show is freaky good. You will need Showcase/TMN to watch though.

This show consumes my life. Without a doubt, it's the best show on TV right now, IMO.

This show consumes my life. Without a doubt, it's the best show on TV right now, IMO.

hehehe.. I said on these boards that it was a good one before this season started. I've only seen the first few episodes of Season 1 so I haven't been watching this season because I didn't want to ruin the 1st season, but the show is awesome.