245 Goals to score

Easy Ryder

Will this team has a chance to score more goals than 245 they scored last year.

The way i see it they couln't score more then 230.

The players who left brought 74 goals last year.

Souray(26) Bonk (13) Johnson (11) Samsonov(9) Perezhoghin (6) Rivet (6) Murray (2) Downey (1)

The new arrivals have an average production of 33

Hamrlik(7) Smolinski(18)(-?) Kostopoulos (8)

Some players underproduced last year if they could deliver 18 goals more total 47

Markov 6(12) Kovalev 18 (25) Bégin 5 (10)

Prediction by average production with 105 goals

Koivu(20) Ryder (30) Higgins(25) Plekanek (20) Komisarek (4) Bouillon(3) Dandenault (2) Gorges (1)

Questionnable ?? 45

Streit (10) Latendresse(20) Kotstitsyn (10) Lapierre(10) Chipchura(5)

So what i see there that hurts the most is the lack of scoring from our defensemen.

Maybe bringing PKSubban thundershot in the NHL is not such a bad idea.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souray(26) Bonk (13) Johnson (11) Samsonov(9) Perezhoghin (6) Rivet (6) Murray (2) Downey (1)

Some players underproduced last year if they could deliver 18 goals more total 47

Koivu(20) Ryder (30) Higgins(25) Plekanek (20) Komisarek (4) Bouillon(3) Dandenault (2) Gorges (1)

Questionnable ?? 45

So what i see there that hurts the most is the lack of scoring from our defensemen.

I can easily see Kovalev scoring 30...

I can also see Hamrlik getting a few more then 7.

I believe that Kosty should almost certainly get more then 10 if he gets regular time/minutes...

Plus there are guys that get called up during injury, trade, showcase, etc...few more there.

All in all, I can see the Habs scoring about 10 more goals then last year...

A better way to analyse is to ask yourself:

Does replacing Souray with Hamrlik add or subtract goals? I think it will be actually be a wash indirectly because I think Hamrlik will move the puck better and we'll see more goals from our forwards.

Does replacing Bonk with Smoke add goals? Almost definitely yes both directly attributed and indirectly attributed.

Does replacing Johnson and Samsonov with a rookie, Lats and/or Kostopolous add goals? I think it does.

So again, I think overall the Habs will score around 10 more goals on top of being better defensively. How many wins will that translate into? Who knows...maybe only 3 or 4...maybe 6...I could see it being only a few more wins and a couple/few more ties.

One thing is for sure...A LOT is riding on the continued rise of Higgins, Plekanec, Latendresse, Kostsytsin. These 4 guys each have the potential to be 17-25 goal scorers this year...add that to Kovalev, Ryder, Koivu and Smolinski and you've got a pretty balanced group that can score.

Kovalev? hold on i have to stop laughing. 30 goals, are you talking about EA sports or something. When was the last time he had 30?

I think Higgins can get 30. Markov and Hamrlik can both get more then 10 each. Lats and Kosty are wild cards. Paired with Koivu lats could get 25. Kosty seemed top be a set up man when playing with Pleks and Higgins.

I think we can do it - we just have to bank on improvement from the Big Four (Higgins, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Latendresse) and Kovalev. I'd be happy with 260 goals.

Offensively my hopes are there too(Kotsy) and Latendresse that why i made them questionnable.

And to those who want Ryder out then we would be in big trouble offensively.

My main concern is not on the forwards.

It's more on the defense with four defenseman under contract unable to throw a puck hard to the net.

Bouillon, Dandenault, Komisarek and Gorges.

Kovalev can score 30 (or more) if:

1. He has linemates that work well with him

2. He shows up

3. Stays healthy

Odds are low all of the above will happen, but stranger things have happened.

I remain cautiously optimistic that Kovalev will have a "comeback" season.

It's more on the defense with four defenseman under contract unable to throw a puck hard to the net.

Bouillon, Dandenault, Komisarek and Gorges.

it's also be about the addition of a defenseman who is better able to feed the puck up the ice to goalscorers (hamrlik)

Yes, i'm sure fans in Pittsburgh and the Rangers said the same thing. He is what he is. A great talent wit no heart or pride for the game.

My prediction: Not even 20 goals.

Gorges and Streit are pretty good puck movers. Or atleast they can skate and pass the puck.

Yes, i'm sure fans in Pittsburgh and the Rangers said the same thing. He is what he is. A great talent wit no heart or pride for the game.

My prediction: Not even 20 goals.

Gorges and Streit are pretty good puck movers. Or atleast they can skate and pass the puck.

I bet Kovalev scores his 20th goal before his 60th game of the year.

I bet Kovalev scores his 20th goal before his 60th game of the year.

OOC, do you think this is because he will be resurgent, or because he will get better PP opportunities, line combos?

OOC, do you think this is because he will be resurgent, or because he will get better PP opportunities, line combos?

What does OOC mean?

But I think it will be a mix of all of those things along with hopefully getting more ice time.

I think either Kovalev has a comeback season or he has a final season making more than 3M in the NHL. Its all up to him because we got enough prospects to put him in the stands like Samsonov last year, dont get me wrong though because Kovalev is one of my top 3 favourite habs the last couple of years (mostly because of the tucker incident :D )

Kovalev led our forwards in ice time last year, JMMR. It's really amazing when you think about it... considering he wasn't noticeable for most of the minutes he was on the ice.

What does OOC mean?

But I think it will be a mix of all of those things along with hopefully getting more ice time.

Out of curiosity.

I'd be happy with a reasonable increase in goals for accompanied by a respectable decrease in goals against. A couple of 40-50 goal scorers would be great, but there's no reason why we couldn't have 4 or 5 guys pot 20-25 a piece.

Questionnable ?? 45

If everybody was going to maintain there same icetime, PP time, miss the same amount of games, not progress in their careers it would be sensible to break down the production like this.

What if Pleks/Higgins/Kosty produce like they did in the last month for a full season. Are last years numbers the proper comparables?

Hamrlik will surely see more PP time with the Habs than he did with Calgary.

Kovalev had a brutal year coming off a year where he averaged a point per game.

None of us even know what the line combinations will be.

Added to the fact that they are putting together a team with an emphasis on defense so the numbers do not have to match 245 to improve on last season.

I really would not worry about it.

Out of curiosity.

I'd be happy with a reasonable increase in goals for accompanied by a respectable decrease in goals against. A couple of 40-50 goal scorers would be great, but there's no reason why we couldn't have 4 or 5 guys pot 20-25 a piece.

Well last year we had 1 30 goal scorer and 5 20 goal scorers which really isn't bad. The problem must be the complimentary scoring - that after those 5 (four now that Souray's gone) there really aren't very many offensive threats.

None of us even know what the line combinations will be.

I really would not worry about it.

None of us even knows what the final product of this summer will look like when it hits the ice this fall. Who knows what Bob will do by then. Im hoping for Dandy and Cube out and Markov in and a trade for a really good scorer.

:hlogo:

It's certainly a possibility if the young guns step up.

I can see the Canadiens having a bunch of 20 goal scorers, doubt Kovy will break the 30 goal barrier, Ryder might (if he sticks around). Latendresse and Plekanec could break 20. Higgins I would suggest can hit the 30 goal barrier if he puts it all together for a complete season. Koivu hopefully will post another good season.

Kovalev led our forwards in ice time last year, JMMR. It's really amazing when you think about it... considering he wasn't noticeable for most of the minutes he was on the ice.

Yes he did but he was about 70th in NHL forwards in ICE time. That is terrible the most talented offensive players need to play 19+ minutes per game to put up anywhere near PPG numbers.

Yes he did but he was about 70th in NHL forwards in ICE time. That is terrible the most talented offensive players need to play 19+ minutes per game to put up anywhere near PPG numbers.

Kovalev will have a 30+ goal season and a 81 point year if:

1) he is with Koivu on first line

2) he gets first PP unit time

3) he gets puck support

4) he isnt put to slave work by killing penalties

Saku Koivu +15 overall makes up for a -26? last year. It is easy to make up for lost goals if you prevent other teams from scoring. :hockey:

exactly. I'm not sure we'll score more goals than last year. In fact, we might score less, but I think we'll definitely have a better team goal differential (goals for vs. goals against). This due to several factors, including the departure of Souray, the arrival of Hamrlik, and the fact that we'll have more kids in the system from Hamilton full time who've grown up in the system (i.e. Lappy, hopefully Kosty), and a full year for carbo's system to have taken effect, and more new players on the team who naturally complement Carbo's system (hard working, pesky: Kosto, Lappiere, Begin)...

Edited by ShortHanded

Saku Koivu +15 overall makes up for a -26? last year. It is easy to make up for lost goals if you prevent other teams from scoring. :hockey:

Souray -28 had a direct effect on the whole +/- of the first line, the first line was often combined to the Souray-Rivet duo.

Bonk line and Markov Komo were always opposed to the best players on the other team and they had good numbers.

So it's not all Saku's fault if he had a -26 last even though he cannot wash his hand clean of this, he has to turn this over this year.

Aebisher 3.17 average in 32 games will not be numbers that we will see from our goaltenders this year too. A goalie with a 2.80 average

would make 12 goals against less.

But we still have to score goals and at least 250 to make the playoffs. And this is where i have the most doubts.