The Cube

SAKS-AVENUE

yup. Basically he's playing well right now, but I think he's one of the guys you won't see in a Habs uni for too much longer. If we can't trade him cuz his contract's too big, we certainly won't be resigning him. THose who keep track of this stuff, how much longer does he have on his current deal?

This year +1 more at 1.875.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup. Basically he's playing well right now, but I think he's one of the guys you won't see in a Habs uni for too much longer. If we can't trade him cuz his contract's too big, we certainly won't be resigning him. THose who keep track of this stuff, how much longer does he have on his current deal?

Bouillon is under contract until the end of the 2008-09 season.

With Markov, Komi, Hammer, Streit that will certainly stick with the club for the years to come and O'Byrne, Valentenko, McDonnah, Fisher, Subban, Carle that will fight for the remaining three spots, I don't think there will be a place for aging Bouillon.

But as a 6th D, he's doing a good job. He throws his short but thick body all over and drops the gloves when required.

I agree he's a little overpaid tho.

Bouillon is under contract until the end of the 2008-09 season.

With Markov, Komi, Hammer, Streit that will certainly stick with the club for the years to come and O'Byrne, Valentenko, McDonnah, Fisher, Subban, Carle that will fight for the remaining three spots, I don't think there will be a place for aging Bouillon.

But as a 6th D, he's doing a good job. He throws his short but thick body all over and drops the gloves when required.

I agree he's a little overpaid tho.

It's nice to think all those defensive prospects will make it but the truth is they won't, because little workhorses like Boullion will not let it happen. He beat out O'Byrne, Volentenko , this year. The guy has been great. Even in early games this year when everyone was dogging him I felt he made some key plays that helped win the game.....he's built on that and is getting better. I think his size is what really bugs most people, but it obviously doesn't bug him. He'll be around longer then most of you think.

It's nice to think all those defensive prospects will make it but the truth is they won't, because little workhorses like Boullion will not let it happen. He beat out O'Byrne, Volentenko , this year. The guy has been great. Even in early games this year when everyone was dogging him I felt he made some key plays that helped win the game.....he's built on that and is getting better. I think his size is what really bugs most people, but it obviously doesn't bug him. He'll be around longer then most of you think.

Ok well little bet for Avatar control I say he does not start the next season with the Canadiens.

Loser gives up control of their avatar for one month of the winners chosing!

What's gonna eventually get to Bouillon isnt his defensive game or lack of size. He has the nasty streak you've gotta have to be an effective D man regardless of size.

No, Bouillon's shortcoming will be his shot. He gets load of good chances but his shot isnt strong enough to be really dangerous. Eventually a guy what can either shoot rockets (Valentenko) or make pin-point passes (Carle) will fill in. O'Byrne is a rightie so not really a factor.

he beat them out because O'byrne was on a two-way contract, and Valentenko was in his first ever stint in north america. I don't think ALL these prospects will make it, but consider that our top 3 spots are filled (Markov, Komi, Hamr) and there are really only 3 "Playing spots" left for more than 3 D. O'byrne, Valentenko, McDonagh, Fischer, Streit, Bouillon, Gorges, Subban, Carle, etc...

I think Boo boo will be one of the ones who will have to leave to make room for the new crop... You can have a 6th D who plays well "for a 6th D" or you can have 3 really solid D lines. Which would you rather?

With the great start THE CUBE has had this season I wanted to re-visit an old thread and ask InsaneAVSfan to check his eyes and formulate an opinion again.

GO CUBE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boullion rediscovers form

Holding a grudge for some reason?

Cube is still at best a #6 defenseman who is WAY OVERPAID! Still gets caught out of position, still gives the puck away and I really don't like how the Big Leaf players just brushed him aside.

Lets see Cubes hard facts besides what my Peepers have seen:

Games Played = 10

Goals/Assists/Points= 0

Penalty Minutes= 8

+/- = 0

Shots= 10

Scoring% = 0.0

So you may want to get your eyes checked if you saw him score goals or made some great defensive plays as I saw none. If you are satisfied with mediocre hockey players then so be it as this is your right.

There are still a few contracts and players who need to go. BG has done well to get rid of alot of players but there are still some players who aren't doing a whole to earn there money. It will take probably until the end of next year to perform the complete exorcism of the team. Then the turnover will be complete.

On the bright side Bouillon is better then last year which isn't saying a whole lot but it's better then nothing.

Dandenault has as many goals as Kovalev?

Atleast the team is playing significantly better, playing harder and working for about 40 minutes a night. The next step is to smarten up and finish games.

Holding a grudge for some reason?

Cube is still at best a #6 defenseman who is WAY OVERPAID! Still gets caught out of position, still gives the puck away and I really don't like how the Big Leaf players just brushed him aside.

Lets see Cubes hard facts besides what my Peepers have seen:

Games Played = 10

Goals/Assists/Points= 0

Penalty Minutes= 8

+/- = 0

Shots= 10

Scoring% = 0.0

So you may want to get your eyes checked if you saw him score goals or made some great defensive plays as I saw none. If you are satisfied with mediocre hockey players then so be it as this is your right.

No grudge just noticed a few things in Boullion' play that I felt should be recognized. Considering the Pat Hickey story I reached back for this older thread. Only then did I see your last comment.

Hmmmmmmmm, In the stats you have collected I see one very important one, well, in my eyes anyway.........Games played.....10 for 10. He's doing something right. I don't really look to Boullion for goals, and his plus minus? I don't see a minus......................

Ok well little bet for Avatar control I say he does not start the next season with the Canadiens.

Loser gives up control of their avatar for one month of the winners chosing!

I am a betting man so for shits and giggles I'll take it. Boullion will start the season next year. Avatar control for a month.

We need a betting thread. I bet someone the Flyers would make the play-offs, but I can't remeber who. Simonus would ban the loser for 10 days around free agency(July). Come out of the woodwork.......I'm winning so far........

No grudge just noticed a few things in Boullion' play that I felt should be recognized. Considering the Pat Hickey story I reached back for this older thread. Only then did I see your last comment.

No problem... This is a good group on this forum that can disagree and still not have hurt feelings.

Even though I am not Boullion's biggest fan, I do notice three important aspects he brings to the team.

1.) Heart and dedication to the club.

2.) Tries to hit everything that moves. (Others on the team should take pointers)

3.) Willingness to stick up for teammates. (Again others should take notice, as Komisarek is following suit)

I have no problem with him being on the club as he does add the above to the mix which is needed. I just have a problem with his salary as I believe it is $700 thousand too much. Montreal only outbid themselves which is a Gainey weakness. (Theodore, Samsonov etc..)

Like all Habs, I cheer him on and hope he makes me put my foot in my mouth. As he is a habs that is easy to like!

Well bou bou is now injured thanks to that great hit by Gonchar at the end of overtime.

:puke:

When is hitting someone from behind with 2 seconds left to play in the game a great hit? Get real!!

When is hitting someone from behind with 2 seconds left to play in the game a great hit? Get real!!

Ahh Thib46, I'm sure JMMR was being sarcastic, at the lack of talk about a suspension and the like for Gonchars hit.

Yeah you think? :)

• 1 month later...
He should do that every game.

He is a servicable #6 or 7 guy.

But the Habs only need one of those so one of Frank Patrice and Mathiu needs to go.

Mathieu is a forward now. We should never expect to see him play defence for us again. Patrice is on a one-year contract, he came here so he could play his heart out for us and retire a habs - it would be a dick move to deal (or more likely, waive) him. As for Bouillon, Gorges is simply the better, younger and cheaper player and he's the one that should get the spot regularly. We simply don't need Bouillon anymore, no matter how hard he tries.

Mathieu is a forward now. We should never expect to see him play defence for us again. Patrice is on a one-year contract, he came here so he could play his heart out for us and retire a habs - it would be a dick move to deal (or more likely, waive) him. As for Bouillon, Gorges is simply the better, younger and cheaper player and he's the one that should get the spot regularly. We simply don't need Bouillon anymore, no matter how hard he tries.

Gorges has never done a thing to prove that to me. I welcome Pitt bull Boullion into every game and until someone better comes in I will continue to cheer for him and defend him. At this point he is much more valuable then Gorges in my eyes, I guess the coaching staff too. He plays hockey like a man, not a little boy.

And wow, if you watched Gorges play last night you'd know that the team missed Bouillon.

Tell BTH that.

That's the thing though. He might work like a man but he still gets pushed around like a little boy. I thought Gorges played a fine game against Detroit, especially in comparison to the rest of the team.

As for Gorges not proving a thing to you, how exactly will he do that if he plays once every two weeks? Atleast give him a chance and see what he can do, he's too young to write off as a permanent seventh defenceman.

Gorges has never done a thing to prove that to me. I welcome Pitt bull Boullion into every game and until someone better comes in I will continue to cheer for him and defend him. At this point he is much more valuable then Gorges in my eyes, I guess the coaching staff too. He plays hockey like a man, not a little boy.

Tell BTH that.

Gorges has looked great so far this year and his heads and shoulders above Frank at taking care of bigger forwards and making the first pass.

But I do love Frank as a number #7 he is very tough and can play but has to be less than 10 minutes.

I hope O'Bryne can become another work horse.

That's the thing though. He might work like a man but he still gets pushed around like a little boy. I thought Gorges played a fine game against Detroit, especially in comparison to the rest of the team.

As for Gorges not proving a thing to you, how exactly will he do that if he plays once every two weeks? Atleast give him a chance and see what he can do, he's too young to write off as a permanent seventh defenceman.

Pushed around like a little boy? What game were you watching? Maybe Chara pushing around our forwards, or laughing in Laps face, but The Cube held his own all night. I'm not saying Gorges sucks but we need to win games and I like Carbo feel safer with The Cube instead of Gorges. Let Gorges take Brisebois's spot.

Gorges has looked great so far this year and his heads and shoulders above Frank at taking care of bigger forwards and making the first pass.

But I do love Frank as a number #7 he is very tough and can play but has to be less than 10 minutes.

I hope O'Bryne can become another work horse.

Ya O'Bryne was good. I'm looking forward to his development. That boy can hit!

You're judging your opinion on Cube on one game? He played a solid game tonight but usually gets pushed around all night, especially in front of the net. He also has problems handling big forwards down low. Gorges is better at these things and a smoother passer - he's not a star and never will be but he's a safer option and he's proven it in the very few games he's played. Bouillon is a #6 defenceman at best and one good game doesn't change a thing.