Habs Sign Brisebois

InsaneHABSfan

I'm scared that Carbo will just give Breezy the minutes that Rivet used to get.

All opinions aside, Breezer does have a stanley cup ring. In another thread everyone was talking about the 93 Stanley cup team , how it wasn't luck. It was a well balenced hard working team etc....etc..... Well, he was a part of that hard working team. I think no matter what, people on these boards will find something to whine and cry about.At least untill the habs are winning the cup every year with a season record of 82-0-0. Not going to happen. I think if Breezer comes in at some point he will be a top 4 defenseman. He is a seasoned vet and has a lot of good still in his game. Probably better then Dandy. I think Dandy is the one to move. I still want the Cube around at least he brings big hits and effort.

As far as Rivet minutes go? He's doing quite well in San Jose given his ice time and how he's being used. Like Spector says " You have to admire Breezer for wanting to jump back in the Lion's Den " I really don't think Breezer gives two shits about what anyone on these boards thinks of him. I hope he has a great season and shuts all you hams up.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All opinions aside, Breezer does have a stanley cup ring. In another thread everyone was talking about the 93 Stanley cup team , how it wasn't luck. It was a well balenced hard working team etc....etc..... Well, he was a part of that hard working team. I think no matter what, people on these boards will find something to whine and cry about.At least untill the habs are winning the cup every year with a season record of 82-0-0. Not going to happen. I think if Breezer comes in at some point he will be a top 4 defenseman. He is a seasoned vet and has a lot of good still in his game. Probably better then Dandy. I think Dandy is the one to move. I still want the Cube around at least he brings big hits and effort.

As far as Rivet minutes go? He's doing quite well in San Jose given his ice time and how he's being used. Like Spector says " You have to admire Breezer for wanting to jump back in the Lion's Den " I really don't think Breezer gives two shits about what anyone on these boards thinks of him. I hope he has a great season and shuts all you hams up.

hear hear

WELCOME BACK PATRICE. I hope you have a great couple of seasons so that the "fans" who have so much too say about you get to spend the next 2 years eating CROW. We now have some depth on the defence.

Markov

Komisarek

Harmlik

Streit

Bouillon

Brisebois

Dandenault

Gorges

That makes 8 D, and thats not even counting any minor leaguers. So who get's kicked out of Montréal now?

Edited by Jean

I had hope till the last minute that it wouldn't happen.

Plan D is on the way.

We're not gonna make the playoffs again, and next year kids will have no experience again.

There is better be another move there at the D because right now it a pile of 1-2-3-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

defensemen with the habs.

If there is no room to grow for our youth to play NHL stop piling prospects and trade them for

valuable players, not washed up, broken back, no guts Brisebois.

Cool. I can deal with #43 returning, inexpensively, for a year. If he doesn't work out, I'd rather have him at $700k in the pressbox than Niinimaa at $2.2M.

Regardless, scaled back minutes coupled with PP time, and I think he'll be where he should be. Brisebois had the weight of that last contract, so I think expectations will be scaled back as well. Hopefully the notoriously (I'll refrain from anything bad and just say...) vocal crowd at the Bell Centre actually cuts him some slack and lays off the boo-birding.

I know everyone here wants the kids to play (which makes is slowly sound more like the boards at HF), but I'm glad to have a vet challenge for a position as well.

woooow !!! let's hope the Boooers won't scream so loud this time...

Seriously, Dandy and/or Bouillon or Gorges have to go now... i know injuries happen, but we could get something from them.

Brilliant move by Gainey - paying a pittance for someone with huge experience, a right hand shot, and the ability to lead the power play when needed. It also gives him plenty of latitude to work with the defenders and adds a level of competition not seen on the Habs blueline in years and years.

Whether this portends a trade or not, this is one of Gainey's most guileful moves.

Let's start Brisebois off with a clean slate, and see how he does. The $.7 million contract (plus another .7 in potential bonuses) is a steal, and I think he'll add some decent depth on D. Hopefully Carbo will play him the minutes that will most benefit the team.

I do anticipate that Gainey will make one more move before the end of summer, and this signing will make more sense in light of that.

There is no chance of dumping Kovalev either.

If Gainey can move a goalie with a MASSIVE contract and a broken foot then he can move Kovalev.

Plan D is on the way.

We're not gonna make the playoffs again, and next year kids will have no experience again.

There is better be another move there at the D because right now it a pile of 1-2-3-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6

If there is no room to grow for our youth to play NHL stop piling prospects and trade them for

I have to agree. What the hell are we going to do with all the Dmen we currently have?

Markov

Komisarek

Harmlik

Streit

Bouillon

Brisebois

Dandenault

Gorges

That makes 8 D, and thats not even counting any minor leaguers. So who get's kicked out of Montréal now?

In fact we lost Souray and Niiinimum and gained Hamerlik and Brisebois. Same number of D, but better. The only odd thing is that BG said Obyne is NHL-ready. Maybe Gorges is AHL-bound and no trade is imminent... Don't forget that Breezer is a gamble. He's played 33 games last year...

Remember last time we had him when he was our No1 Dman? guess our D then was 6-traverse-dykhuis-souray(oldway)-quintal and whoever else..

I think its a good move but I guess we see who are the boo birds since a few of them seem to be on this forum...

I guess we see who are the boo birds since a few of them seem to be on this forum...

Wheres the crybaby emoticon? The fanboys sure come out in droves to defend whenever Gainey farts.

Another NON move by Gainey, just keeping the media fed and giving people something to talk about other than his lack of progress. :rolleyes:

Plan D is on the way.

We will miss the playoffs because we added a depth defenceman? :blink:

I think I'll wait until we actually play a game...............until then all these signings/non-signings might have a greater purpose. Just like the few who were crying when Bob didn't land and UFA's (the big guns so to speak) and not trading for player A or B etc......

Maybe Bob's got a plan, and is just waiting to pull off a deal. It's happened before; and we rarely hear any rumors coming from the Habs organization..... :hlogo:

In fact we lost Souray and Niiinimum and gained Hamerlik and Brisebois. Same number of D, but better. The only odd thing is that BG said Obyne is NHL-ready. Maybe Gorges is AHL-bound and no trade is imminent... Don't forget that Breezer is a gamble. He's played 33 games last year...

Exactly, we are better on D this season coming up with our two additions as compared to last year, and it's cheaper.

Brisebois lol what the ###### is this. I'm buying a jersey written Brisebois sucks, or wait, I'm gonna buy a leafs jersey instead so I don't get made fun of with habs jersey.

You should go buy a Leafs jersey, you're a joke and what I would describe as a typical leafs fan. Whine and sulk over a move that hasen't had a negative effect on the team. We haven't even started the season yet and you are whining about a depth move. I am sure you'll be the first to jump right back on the wagon when we have a good year as well. This team is in fine shape, we will make the playoffs and depending on our goaltending we could do some damage.

All you whiners out there should at least wait until you have a reason to act like little bitches, give the team a couple of weeks, or at least let them get out of their golf shoes and into their skates before the bashing begins, I've never seen such a group of "Habs" fans that act like leaf fans in all my life as on this forum. Not to mention the fact that you STILL bash leaf fans and you're the exact same!!!!!

Plan D is on the way.

i agree

Exactly, we are better on D this season coming up with our two additions as compared to last year, and it's cheaper.

You should go buy a Leafs jersey, you're a joke and what I would describe as a typical leafs fan. Whine and sulk over a move that hasen't had a negative effect on the team. We haven't even started the season yet and you are whining about a depth move. I am sure you'll be the first to jump right back on the wagon when we have a good year as well. This team is in fine shape, we will make the playoffs and depending on our goaltending we could do some damage.

All you whiners out there should at least wait until you have a reason to act like little bitches, give the team a couple of weeks, or at least let them get out of their golf shoes and into their skates before the bashing begins, I've never seen such a group of "Habs" fans that act like leaf fans in all my life as on this forum. Not to mention the fact that you STILL bash leaf fans and you're the exact same!!!!!

You are right on the money, good response to a whiner.