Habs Sign Brisebois

InsaneHABSfan

It ani't that one mistake tho!

"If any of you watched the games Patrice played in 2001-2004, you would be heart broken watching him blow every second game by costly giveaways."

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, he was +17 in his last season with us. Who cares, right?

That one season where he played on his wrong side thanks to the demands of the coaching staff, he was -31. The rest of his career he's been a useful defenceman. Whether he's still useful, that's an open question, but get a grip.

Montreal fans need therapy if they're still bitter at Brisebois for the fact that he was the best defenceman on an absolutely garbage team. Move on.

Of course, he was +17 in his last season with us. Who cares, right?

That one season where he played on his wrong side thanks to the demands of the coaching staff, he was -31. The rest of his career he's been a useful defenceman. Whether he's still useful, that's an open question, but get a grip.

Montreal fans need therapy if they're still bitter at Brisebois for the fact that he was the best defenceman on an absolutely garbage team. Move on.

Brisebois made a brutal giveaway that cost a goal. But I thought he recovered quite well and played a solid game after that.

It was inevitable that this was going to happen. People still have a hate on for him, some of it justified.

That being said, why are people not jumping all over Komisarek, his panic clear in OT directly lead to the 2 on 1 down low that ended the game. If he clears that puck the Habs probably wriggle out to a shootout.

Without the hatred it is the same result. A mistake that ended up in the back of the net.

It does make me nervous that Carbo would say something like that about Brisebois. Why not make him earn the #2 pairing?

Gorges, Streit and O'Byrne have outperformed Dandenault and Bouilion. I expect that O'Byrne will be sent down and accept it because of his waiver status. But youth needs to be served.

Dandy as a forward is also counter productive, with the depth the Habs possess at forward he just creates a log jam.

I would like to start the season with Markov/Komisarek/Hamrlik/Streit/Gorges/Bouilion/Brisebois

But somehow I doubt it will happen, Streit will probably be roaming as a forward even though he is way better on the backend then Dandy.

Brisebois made a brutal giveaway that cost a goal. But I thought he recovered quite well and played a solid game after that.

It was inevitable that this was going to happen. People still have a hate on for him, some of it justified.

That being said, why are people not jumping all over Komisarek, his panic clear in OT directly lead to the 2 on 1 down low that ended the game. If he clears that puck the Habs probably wriggle out to a shootout.

Without the hatred it is the same result. A mistake that ended up in the back of the net.

It does make me nervous that Carbo would say something like that about Brisebois. Why not make him earn the #2 pairing?

Gorges, Streit and O'Byrne have outperformed Dandenault and Bouilion. I expect that O'Byrne will be sent down and accept it because of his waiver status. But youth needs to be served.

Dandy as a forward is also counter productive, with the depth the Habs possess at forward he just creates a log jam.

I would like to start the season with Markov/Komisarek/Hamrlik/Streit/Gorges/Bouilion/Brisebois

But somehow I doubt it will happen, Streit will probably be roaming as a forward even though he is way better on the backend then Dandy.

This post makes PERFECT sense. all of it. You're bang-on, W01

For you fortunate enough to see the preseaon, how has Boullion looked? Where would you guys rank him?

thanks.

he looked alright, should have an ok season

Yeah, for the record, I too am disconcerted that Carbo would anoint Brisebois the #3-4 man (!) without seeing him play first. This suggests to me that Carbo thinks of Breezer as his old pal and teammate from 1993 - exactly the wrong attitude for a coach to have.

It also might explain the signing. If Carbo (and the other coaches) still think of Brisebois as the player he was in his salad days, then they probably think they got a top-4 defenceman for a song, and urged Gainey to make the move. And hell, maybe he can still be that guy. On a better team his limitations would not be as problematic. But it's doubtful that he still is the reasonably effective, defensively erratic 40-point puckmover he used to be. Likely a bit less defensively erratic and a bit less offensively effective.

As worrisome as all this might be as an insight into the failings of the coaching staff, it's time to stop scapegoating Brisebois for the fact that we had an abysmal team for the better part of a decade. Let's show some class, for the luvva God.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread and didn't want to start another; over time what is some viewpoints on Brisebois play?

Offensively he is doing great rushing into plays, defensively the giveaways are fewer now.

I am still trying to figure out where he fits in as Carbo does play him in many tough situations. Even PK which may be part of the reason their PK is not so good.

I know this is an old thread and didn't want to start another; over time what is some viewpoints on Brisebois play?

Offensively he is doing great rushing into plays, defensively the giveaways are fewer now.

I am still trying to figure out where he fits in as Carbo does play him in many tough situations. Even PK which may be part of the reason their PK is not so good.

He hasn't caused me as much grief as I thought he would, and I'm pleased with his play so far. Our PK isn't working because of the team's efforts, not just Breezer's.