Fantasy Football Anyone?

jetsniper

I'd be interested in fantasy football. I've missed out the past coupla years. I should see if my "normal" yahoo account still thinks I'm younger than 13. Grr.

Edit: Yup. According to Yahoo, with the account I've had since 1997, I'm 8 years old. Any you're not allowed to change your birthdate for "security reasons". How freakin' annoying.

For anything fantasy league stuff, I'll use my in_n_out21@yahoo.com Yahoo ID.

Edited by huzer

Hey guys, im down for fantasy football but was wondering if someone else wanted to take over reigns as commish. Im trying to do a few cool things with my other league including a full live draft and a keeper league so that might take up a lot of my fantasy football time. If no one wants to step in as commish then Ill set it up.

I've set the league up folks, just duplicated the settings from last year.

League ID: 469530

Password: habsworld

I've set the tentative draft time for September 1st (a Saturday) at 8:30 PM EST. Is it late? Yes. Is it the best time considering it's a long weekend? Not really, but the alternatives are drafting at 4 and 5 in the morning on a weekday, gotta take what you can get.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

New this year:

We're also running a pick'em pool, where you simply pick who wins each game, nice and simple.

League ID: 30481

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Im in for sure the only problem I see with that date is that its labour day weekend and people might be out of town. However Im not back in the country until August 28th so I can't do earlier than that either.

Looking forward to redeeming myself this year after my debut last season was dreadful.

So far, we have 7 GM's for the player pool, and only 5 for the pick'em one. If you're just the casual NFL fan, the pick'em pool is perfect for you - all you have to do is guess which team wins each week, doesn't get much easier than that. Hoping to add at least 3 more teams for the player pool, let's go guys.

That's how you earn points. If you pick correctly, you get however many confidence points you put on that game. So basically you put the high numbers on the sure things and low numbers on toss ups.

Ohhhhh, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

• 2 weeks later...

The league full issue pertains to the fact we were close to the draft, and adding 1 more GM would've prevented us from having the draft. In hindsight, I shouldn't have closed access, as one other person was interested (I heard about it 15 minutes before draft time though.) Sorry JMMR, my bad.

Still plenty of room in the pick'em pool, very basic, just pick who you think will win each game essentially. Less than 10 minutes a week required, can't beat that.

League ID: 30481

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem