Question for Montrealers

Leafs Suck

I have a question for all Montrealers.

When the Habs beat the B's the other night, did you pour into the streets cheering, honking your horns and saying "We're #1, we're #1"?

I am just wondering cause they did it in Toronto, and I thought it was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. Celebrating as if you've won the Cup after beating an opponent in a 7 game series most admit you shouldn't have won.

I've never seen a team get so excited about beating another team they consider so inferiour.

Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

I went out celebrating as well! but only to get on the bruins fans nerves becasue they all thought the series was over when they went up 3-1!  

I had to go out and rub it in a bit!!

:ghg:

i hear that there are quite a lot of bruins fans on the rock... any idea why? Part of my family is newf, but they are all split along mtl/TO...

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

I went out celebrating as well! but only to get on the bruins fans nerves becasue they all thought the series was over when they went up 3-1!  

I had to go out and rub it in a bit!!

:ghg:

i hear that there are quite a lot of bruins fans on the rock... any idea why? Part of my family is newf, but they are all split along mtl/TO...

Yeah there are quite a few Boston Fans, Montreal and Toronto have the majority of fans, but then its Boston for some reason....i have no idea why, But if I had to guess i'd say its because they took a liking to Bobby Orr, most of the Boston fans are Old enough to have seen Orr and Esposito when they were at the top of their game...And the few younger Bruins fans are brainwashed by their fathers! hahaha

Here in Bonavista though it has quickly become a habs Town...Thanks to Ryder there's even Leaf fans cheering for Montreal, But theres still some Leaf fans hoping the Habs fail Big Time.....

Now when you are Cheering against your hometown boy who has a chance to bring the Cup home, theres something wrong.....Typical Leaf fans IMO, Bunch of Ignorant Pricks. haha

:ghg::ghg:

my dad had a theory that in the old days before easy cross-continental travel when gander was a bigger airport it was easier to get a new england flight than the a montreal flight....

I have no idea about that however....

I do not live in Montreal but I am a huge Habs Fan and I was very happy and excited when Montreal defeated Boston. I got my flag my jersey and my hat along with my rollerblades and rollerbladed down a main residential street and yelled and cheered and had a mini parade. It was a fun time.

[Edited on 2004/4/22 by cjbhab]