Habs jersey to unveiled in September

MK19

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely against the idea of changing the look of the Habs' jerseys, but for the record, they've been this way for far less than 100 years. I don't have the info at my fingertips, but consider that they were initially maple leafs blue...

Here is the biggest pic i'v found.

Montreal_Eng_500w168h.gif

Pretty similar since the beginning (exept for the blue and striped ones)...

They have essentially worn the same variation of their current jersey since the start of the NHL.

Other than 1924-25 when they put a globe on the front of the jersey to show they were the best in the world.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/

So it is close to 100 years

I wish they would launch the Athletics jersey (my avatar). I bet the CAA (like Triple A in the U.S.A.) might have some trade mark concerns but I'd still like to see it.

PS. Until the NHL officially expands or introduces an "Athletics" club, IMO (like Oakland in baseball) we have a right under hockey legend, lore and history to refer to our team as the Athletics. Just another name to add to Le Club de Hockey Canadien, Le Canadien, Le Bleu-Blanc-Rouge, La Sainte-Flanelle, Le Tricolore, Les Glorieux, Les Habitants and Le Grand Club.

GO ATHLETICS GO :hlogo:

hey i;m as curious as all of you about thesse new jerseys but can these be the prototypes?

http://www.sabresinsider.com/images/mtl.jpg

To me honestly they don't look too bad :)

No, those are some bozo using photoshop to get people all in a huff about the new jerseys. Back when the original link was posted a year or so ago, this fact was obvious. The person had a bunch of jerseys, including new Kansas City jerseys. These are fakes.

Watch them change it to black, purple and white.

lol I could actually see that looking really cool - like the evil twin of the Canadiens. It makes me think of Mario and then the darker Wario.

lol I could actually see that looking really cool - like the evil twin of the Canadiens. It makes me think of Mario and then the darker Wario.

The Habs would all have to grow sinister moustaches to complete the effect.. :D

Check out the Isles new unis.

31894936.jpg

jersey_1_article.jpg

They actually look decent, but the number on the shoulder is kinda iffy for me. They need the numbers on the sleeves as well.

That looks like a joke. Looks like the Cincinnati Reds Uniform with the cut offs vest with red tshirt and then somebody wearing black under armour underneath the red tshirt.

YES! EMO HABS!! (spiderman 3)

The doppelgänger (heroes)

and the best

bizzaro habs (habs)

brilliant

They actually should do that as a marketing ploy one night. For example my cousins high school has Morp or backwards prom where a couple cross dresses. Backwards habs night. lol Although I don't see the purists being happy over that idea

The new Isles look good. Then again, apart from four years of nearly-unsurpassed glory, there's not a whole lot riding on that organizational memory, and the original uni was hideous, so it's all good. The thing with a timeless classic like the Habs' jersey is, you've got to keep it simple and elegant - any changes should be of the minor sort. The crazy drawing posted earlier, for instance, is grotesque and had BETTER not be the design. They're tinkering with the sacred. This ain't (say) the Vancouver Canucks.

I am really glad that Washington finally wen't back to the older jerseys, that flying eagle logo was terrible

I'm not sold on the Caps new threads....kind looks like Pajama's to me.

I wonder if the trap door is sewn into the hockey pants :?-

I'm not sold on the Caps new threads....kind looks like Pajama's to me.

I wonder if the trap door is sewn into the hockey pants :?-

lol

James Mirtle said the new Isles ones looked like his old Gremlins PJs from when he was 7.

Nice to see that the classic uniforms are all minimally altered. Hopefully that holds true for the :hlogo:

Washington's uniform was great. The new one is a gruesome 70s throwback and will be replaced, in embarassment, in a few years, guaranteed.

Nice to see Nashville finally modifying those utterly disgusting outfits with something slightly less bile-inducing. Florida missed a change to finally look like a real NHL team instead of some tacky Junior AA squad. Oh well, it's not like I give a sh*t...

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

http://onveutlacoupe.blogspot.com/2007/06/...l-uniforms.html

A look at some of the home unis as well. The habs will not change the look. Although are any of you surprised that the Leafs are changing their logo. If any team forces their brand on you more than Toronto you would be hard pressed to find them. But why keep tradition when your tradition has sucked for 40 years.