Habs jersey to unveiled in September

MK19

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's brutal? They look fine.

So you would be happy with the Habs changing their logo and putting a jersey number on the upper corner to go with new style striping?

What do these teams have in common? Blackhawks, Canadiens, Red Wings, Rangers and Bruins.

They are Original Six Franchises. Look at all the jersey unveilings of these teams so far.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhllogos/DetroitRedWings

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhllogos/NewYorkRangers

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhllogos/BostonBruins

Classic looks. Leave it to the Leafs to mess with tradition.

Like I said...Brutal

Wow, I hope it's not the biased Habs fan talking here but those Leafs' jersey look brutal if they're real.

If those are real, that team is one pair of white hockey pants away from looking like a bunch of smurfs on the ice.

Wow, I hope it's not the biased Habs fan talking here but those Leafs' jersey look brutal if they're real.

If those are real, that team is one pair of white hockey pants away from looking like a bunch of smurfs on the ice.

I have always thought the laffs looked like smurfs and with some nice white panties they would be so cute. :lol:

ok just kidding but I don't really see the problem with these sweaters' they are maybe a little more modern. I wonder will it make the old ones worth more or less? Will the new uni cause people who already have a jersey to buy a new one?

hmmmm

I have always thought the laffs looked like smurfs and with some nice white panties they would be so cute. :lol:

ok just kidding but I don't really see the problem with these sweaters' they are maybe a little more modern. I wonder will it make the old ones worth more or less? Will the new uni cause people who already have a jersey to buy a new one?

hmmmm

Of course.

hmmmm

Now you're thinking like Bettman...

I'm still going with the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach. Bettman seems to have more of a "if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features on it" type of approach based on all these new uniforms.

I'm still going with the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" approach. Bettman seems to have more of a "if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features on it" type of approach based on all these new uniforms.

and then a bridge collapse and everybody ask why...

CAA_logo.gif

yeah that's looks too much like the CAA logo.

It'd be interesting to see what the law says. If a company can timestamp (with proof) a logo, idea or concept, as far as patents are concerned, the trademark is accepted in Canada. Now, the CA existed before the CAA did. There is historical proof of that.

Eg. Let's say I invent some new seemless glasses and I take the design concept and mail it in a letter to myself and I start selling my product. If another company comes to sue me for infringement and if said company does not have timestamp evidence preceding mine - I win. EVEN IF THEY MADE THEIR PRODUCT FIRST! The law doesn't care about legitimacy but rather who was smart enough to timestamp it to the courts acceptance. However, it is highly recommended in Canada to get official patents. The postmark patent proof in Canada does hold up in court, but it's very risky to only have that patent proof ONLY. Lawyers can after all be very sneaky.

The Habs have used the CA in presentations during pregame shows. They were illustrating their old logos. If the Habs have rights for the 1913 design and if the CAA didn't care (I doubt they would raise a fuss) then why not. The Canadiens are older than the CAA. Besides, the CAA is a blue oval with CAA in red in the middle. I don't see CBS getting after CBC or vice versa due to "CB" in the name.

but the canadiens have not maintained the CA logo as far as I know

True but EA sports has used this design as a 3rd since 1998 in the NHL series. This had to come with approval from the Habs and the NHL I'm sure. EA sports just couldn't make that call without approval surely. Maybe they (Habs) have more rights to it than we know.

True but EA sports has used this design as a 3rd since 1998 in the NHL series. This had to come with approval from the Habs and the NHL I'm sure. EA sports just couldn't make that call without approval surely. Maybe they (Habs) have more rights to it than we know.

The Habs hold the logo's rights if it's on EA. The Hurricanes don't possess the rights to the Whalers' logo, which is why it isn't ever included in video games anymore but Quebec, Winnipeg, the Rockies, Seals, and Scouts are. The Whalers' logo rights still belong to the Hartford Whalers Hockey Club or something like that.

Edited by saskhab