Why is Don Cherry against the habs??

Kovalev

Why is Don Cherry against the habs? In the other thread you discussed your thought on Cherry, but do any of you know why he hates the habs? Is it because the habs always beat them in the playoffs in the late 70-s when he was the coach of the bruins? That's when they had their best team ever in my opinion and they always lost to the habs. Is that why?

he's from toronto

he's racist

he coached the bruins and basically got fired for being made a fool of by the habs

he prizes toughness over all else and thinks that skill players are incapable of perserverence

oh - he's also stupid

First of all, he's not from Toronto. He seems to only like Montreal when there's someone from his home town of Kingston playing on the team(Muller, Gilmore). I don't think he likes the kind of team we have because we favour speed and skill(small players) over size and grit(big tough guys). Although, knocking out the team he use to couch 2 out of the past 3 years wouldn't help his attitude towards the Habs.

Thats because only Leaf fans are dumb enough to listen to him...A good friend of mine is huge Bruins fan *cough*:lol: and he HATES Cherry.

Cherry is smart though, as he has made a living feeding load of crap to the Leaf fans. I would love to go toe to toe with Cherry, and ask him a few questions.

like.......

If you hate show boating then why do always wear the crazy outfits and strut around at charity events like its the second coming of christ?

or

If you know so much about hockey then why is it you only played one game in the NHL?

:/):P

[Edited on 2004/4/23 by Fletch96]

[Edited on 2004/4/23 by Fletch96]

Don Cherry is an old, senile, grumpy man. He thinks that playing tough, visor-free hockey is the only hockey that is good.. I dont want to remind him but name me one (except Bertuzzi) player who doesnt have a visor or is a tough guy who is in the top 5 or top 10 in scoring?

None...

It's not Cherry, the mental bufoon, who is the problem. There will always exist lesser thinking, narrow-minded, egotistical individuals in our society who feed off the less fortunate.

The problem is Ron McLean and the CBC. They revere him and treat him with such respect because they truly believe he is what the public desires, and that, people, is called ratings.

Fortunately, those of us who have our own minds and opinions, don't need his gutteral viewpoints to make us think, nor do we have the time to complain about his bias stupidity. We realize it is the McLeans and CBC's of the world that are pathetic, not him.

Originally posted by RJP

The problem is Ron McLean and the CBC. They revere him and treat him with such respect because they truly believe he is what the public desires, and that, people, is called ratings.  

Fortunately, those of us who have our own minds and opinions, don't need his gutteral viewpoints to make us think, nor do we have the time to complain about his bias stupidity. We realize it is the McLeans and CBC's of the world that are pathetic, not him.

I fail to see how Ron McLean can be held accountable for Don Cherry running his mouth and acting like an idiot. The only person responsible for Cherry's actions in himself. The CBC's keeps putting him on because a very large portion of their viewers want to see him. Yes, Cherry is a stupid moron but so are most people and hence his large lemming like following.

Saying it's the fault of Ron McLean is completely baseless.