EA Releases NHL 08 Ratings!

jetsniper

Uhh...the code unlocks the RBK jerseys...

I can still pass it around the boards too. And the goalie AI is some of the best I've ever seen. NHL 08 is being hailed right now as the next NHL '94. Passes get blocked because the AI adjusts to what you're doing. If you play the same strategy the entire game, you're gonna lose, guaranteed. Honestly, the AI engine is one of the best I've ever seen, not even for a hockey game. Just for a video game in general, EA hit one out of the park with this game.

Honestly, this is a game you need to give more attention to then three games. Even the best NHL players have had to make huge adjustments for this game. Standing O for EA.

Uhh...the code unlocks the RBK jerseys...

I can still pass it around the boards too. And the goalie AI is some of the best I've ever seen. NHL 08 is being hailed right now as the next NHL '94. Passes get blocked because the AI adjusts to what you're doing. If you play the same strategy the entire game, you're gonna lose, guaranteed. Honestly, the AI engine is one of the best I've ever seen, not even for a hockey game. Just for a video game in general, EA hit one out of the park with this game.

Honestly, this is a game you need to give more attention to then three games. Even the best NHL players have had to make huge adjustments for this game. Standing O for EA.

Well, I can't speak for every team, since I've only used Montreal and Columbus, but the Jackets started out with their new jerseys and I got their old jerseys after I did the code. Their RBK jerseys showed up as the 2006-07 jerseys before I entered the code.

Really? We had tons of trouble trying to do it. Skating straight up ice we'd want to dump it around the back of their goalie and it would pass it across to the guy coming down the slot. And in our own zone, twice already we scored on ourselves when we tried to pass it around the boards and the guy decided pass it across the crease instead. I don't mind the other team learning, that's awesome. I think part of my interception gripe goes hand-in-hand with the fact the game keeps making me pass to a player. As for goalies, in three games I've already had 3 goals where the goalie kicked it in on himself and another where he just sat in the butterfly while the computer skated literally around him to score. Didn't even try to make a save.

Of course I'll give it more than three, that's simply all I had time for last night.

To sum up everything in one line...

Your game sounds nothing like what everyone else is saying, it sounds really buggy. Not sure how your jerseys worked like that, I had to use last years for the NHL and practice jerseys for the AHL until the code was released.

I think my only gripe right now is with the AHL rosters. Oh, and the fact the game has a ton of DRE and freezing issues. I had to take my first copy back because all I was getting when I'd turn it on is DRE's. I'm hoping my second copy doesn't do the same, otherwise I'm switching over to NHL 2k8 which would suck because this is the greatest thing ever and 2k8 is possibly one of the worst versions they've put out.

If anyone is looking for a league, I started one. Search for NHL3, no password.

How do online leagues work? Would I need to be able to play at a regular time each week? Since I can only play when I'm at my friend's place, my playing time is pretty sporadic.

How do online leagues work? Would I need to be able to play at a regular time each week? Since I can only play when I'm at my friend's place, my playing time is pretty sporadic.

No, just whenever you and a league member is online. It`s pretty open in that sense.