RDS for everyone!

Prime Minister Koivu

Anyone out there have Starchoice? I called them today to inquire about the status of RDS HD and they claimed to have no forthcoming knowledge about when or even if they will pick up the new RDS HD channel.

They did however, place a "Request for new channel - RDS HD" in my name that gets sent to their higher-ups. She also mentioned that they are very focused on introducing much more HD content, but as is usually the case, we'll need more people to put this same kind of request forward to fast track it.

So, I ask any of you that have Starchoice, please put your call in to them and see if we can get our Habs in HD sooner rather than later!

Go Habs Go...In HD!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you translate im confused hahah.

Well it just says that RDS has full rights to broadcast Canadiens games on their website (world wide) as they have exclusive rights for French broadcast of Canadiens games on any media (TV, web, and so on), but they haven't decided yet if they're gonna do it.

Anyone out there have Starchoice? I called them today to inquire about the status of RDS HD and they claimed to have no forthcoming knowledge about when or even if they will pick up the new RDS HD channel.

They did however, place a "Request for new channel - RDS HD" in my name that gets sent to their higher-ups. She also mentioned that they are very focused on introducing much more HD content, but as is usually the case, we'll need more people to put this same kind of request forward to fast track it.

So, I ask any of you that have Starchoice, please put your call in to them and see if we can get our Habs in HD sooner rather than later!

Go Habs Go...In HD!

I too also have ctarchoice and have sent them many emails inquring about RDS HD but they haven't sent back, I will however give them a call tomorow.

I think I heard that starchoice will have the channel on October 3rd.

HOLY **** where did you here that?

I didn't think they were gunna get it this year.

HOLY **** where did you here that?

I didn't think they were gunna get it this year.

Another board I could be wrong though.

Should not have doubted myself.

Rds HD also on Starchoice starting October 1, 2007

STAR CHOICE ADDS RDS HD TO ITS LINEUP

On October 1, RDS HD will join Star Choice’s expanding lineup of HD channels.

Subscribers to RDS will enjoy the channel’s stellar sports programming in crystal clear

HD!

This comes as good news for sports enthusiasts, especially in Quebec, as RDS HD

offers a wealth of sports coverage in French, providing 41 Montreal Canadiens games – all in HD.

Pricing and packaging will be announced at a later date. The addition of RDS comes on the heels of SRC Montreal HD, and Ztele HD being added to Star Choice lineup of French HD channels.

Edited by JMMR

Another board I could be wrong though.

Should not have doubted myself.

Rds HD also on Starchoice starting October 1, 2007

STAR CHOICE ADDS RDS HD TO ITS LINEUP

On October 1, RDS HD will join Star Choice’s expanding lineup of HD channels.

Subscribers to RDS will enjoy the channel’s stellar sports programming in crystal clear

HD!

This comes as good news for sports enthusiasts, especially in Quebec, as RDS HD

offers a wealth of sports coverage in French, providing 41 Montreal Canadiens games – all in HD.

Pricing and packaging will be announced at a later date. The addition of RDS comes on the heels of SRC Montreal HD, and Ztele HD being added to Star Choice lineup of French HD channels.

Awesome!! Can't wait thanks, JMMR. :lol:

• 1 year later...
For those of us residing in Ottawa - beware. I just had an e-mail conversation with Rogers and they said that they currently have no plans for picking up RDS HD. Obviously there is some political demotivation here as their Ma Bell competition is a significant sponsor of the Habs. If you are a Rogers subscriber, it is in our best interests to pressure Rogers as soon as possible. I subscribe to full package with Rogers and told them point blank that I will switch very quickly if they don't respond positively very quickly. The more Habs fans that pressure, the better the odds that they will bend.

After years of (not so patient) waiting, I let out a little shout of exultation this afternoon. Scanning through the list of August channel changes for Rogers in Ottawa, my eyes fell upon RDS HD. My 743 day hunger strike can finally end...

After years of (not so patient) waiting, I let out a little shout of exultation this afternoon. Scanning through the list of August channel changes for Rogers in Ottawa, my eyes fell upon RDS HD. My 743 day hunger strike can finally end...

Must be nice...

I'm still stuck in the gap :((

• 2 weeks later...

After spending a week in Ottawa, I was surprised at how many habs fans there were - far more visibility than Sens 'fans' (understandable of course). Now in Vancouver, the lack of us is depressing.

This seems to be a natural step in evolution. Hope they make the games available to all around the planet.

After spending a week in Ottawa, I was surprised at how many habs fans there were - far more visibility than Sens 'fans' (understandable of course). Now in Vancouver, the lack of us is depressing.

This seems to be a natural step in evolution. Hope they make the games available to all around the planet.

God bless RDS. Living in Toronto is bearable as three times a week...way too many games for the sport...but I hate to give one up.... good old RDS, wipes away the blue, the leafy and sychophantic....and gives me les glorieux. I'd have to move if I lost them! :hlogo:

Come on Shaw cable, we want it too!!!

Ditto SaskTel Max. They just added the Big Ten HD on basic sports... I think RDS is like the only channel on the Basic Sports Package that doesn't have it's HD equivelant.

24 HD games on CBC is cool for me. I have a QAM tuner in my High Def LG TV and built a High Def antenna pointed at T-Dot broadcating tower. HD on cable blows compared to HD OTA (which is free). Now I can give Dong Churry the finger in high Def when Crotches corner comes on. :lol:

24 HD games on CBC is cool for me. I have a QAM tuner in my High Def LG TV and built a High Def antenna pointed at T-Dot broadcating tower. HD on cable blows compared to HD OTA (which is free). Now I can give Dong Churry the finger in high Def when Crotches corner comes on. :lol:

OTA over the air?

You can get HD with an antenna?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about RDS' live streaming for the coming season? I'm starting to get a little worried...

I remember last year, they were advertising during training camp. I haven't been able to find anything on their site.

I DESPERATELY NEED MY FIX!!!! HELP!!!!

Has anyone heard anything about RDS' live streaming for the coming season? I'm starting to get a little worried...

I remember last year, they were advertising during training camp. I haven't been able to find anything on their site.

I DESPERATELY NEED MY FIX!!!! HELP!!!!

I'm quite concerned myself. I'm pretty sure the last few pre-season games were available last year, so I'm speculating that they're not going to do it this year. :(