Offical Traning Camp Thread

JMMR

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Carbo & Gainey have had enough of Higgins bad attitude and lack of performance.

I always liked him myself. ^_^

Good eye.

Anyone else notice that everything about the habs in the media these days is either focused on Higgins or it is Higgins commenting on what the team must do.

For sure, he will be the next captain (next year maybe)

work? haha the habs are a fulltime job... shouldnt be passing up the chance to see camp

medicals and conditioning tests tommorow at the bell centre, then the fun starts friday.... going to be interesting

Until the habs start paying my bills, I have to work (banks have no sense of loyalty there :) )

I usually go every year so this one won't be a big deal. Kinda hurts though.

Funny stuff that Garth Murray is still around.

He has more lives than most people. Should call him the cat.

I would be furious if he makes the team as a depth player forward number 13-14 when we have some

player that don't need anymore icetime in the AHL to develop i mean Milroy and Ferland who both are at the

end of the line and are better player than Murray. And the fact that Murray drops gloves time to time is not

an issue, he is a poor fighter, we need a true respected heavyweight.

Looks like Carbo & Gainey have had enough of Higgins bad attitude and lack of performance.

I always liked him myself. ^_^

That's HILARIOUS! His name isn't on there. Oh well, apparently he showed up and his surgery was declared a success, but an article I jsut read at the Gazette says he's skeptical of their new equipment to measure body fat, because it measured his at 15% and he's never been over 8%. Let's hope it's just bad measurement and he didn't suddenly become lazy this summer . Lol.

Good eye.

Anyone else notice that everything about the habs in the media these days is either focused on Higgins or it is Higgins commenting on what the team must do.

For sure, he will be the next captain (next year maybe)

yup, and a good captain he'll be. I just hope it's not next year cuz I hope Saku's still around for a few more years and I hope they have lots of success together before Sak retires a habs and Higgins becomes the next captain...

That's HILARIOUS! His name isn't on there. Oh well, apparently he showed up and his surgery was declared a success, but an article I jsut read at the Gazette says he's skeptical of their new equipment to measure body fat, because it measured his at 15% and he's never been over 8%. Let's hope it's just bad measurement and he didn't suddenly become lazy this summer . Lol.

I remember Higgins being something like 6% in his rookie season which is basically topnotch. I don't believe that he's suddenly got 15% body fat. I mean, even I'm something like 10 or 11%.

Higgins is certainly doing a lot of the talking that Souray used to do. I first noticed this in the aftermath of last year's debacle, when he half called-out Kovalev and pretty much set the tone: namely, that the young guys on the team are through waiting around for 'veterans' like Kovalev to take charge. :clap:

Higgins is certainly doing a lot of the talking that Souray used to do. I first noticed this in the aftermath of last year's debacle, when he half called-out Kovalev and pretty much set the tone: namely, that the young guys on the team are through waiting around for 'veterans' like Kovalev to take charge. :clap:

Earlier in the summer someone in a thread or front page story stated that our former leader types (Souray and Rivet) kind of had to leave the room so that the younger potential leaders would have confidence in taking over leadership roles in the dressing room. Now that it has actually happend and the youngsters have been around for a couple of years, it's about to happen and change the face of the team. Higgins will lead the pack but watch for natural born leaders like Chips or even Laps to take over quickly now that the field is open. Even Price could lead in a Roy type way. It's crazy how when Price comes into a situation he quicky earns respect from his team, coaches, trainers etc...... that's all they talk about in interviews. Kudos to Timmins for spotting these guys and picking them out.

I'm just back from the Pierrefonds 4plexe where the Habs played two 40-minute intrasquad games.

I left the first game with 8 minutes left to play because I wanted to have a seat for the second game on rink #2. I don't know how that game ended but the score was 1-0 in favor of the Whites when I left. The goal was scored by Ryan White whose grand-father was sitting on the next seat on my right and he was quite happy about that. A precise shot from his left wing position just at the bottom of the circle.

Everybody skated hard and there was a lot of hitting in that first game but little cohesion on either side. They all looked like kids playing free hockey at the neighbourhood park.

Begin applied some solid bodychecks but was himself nailed by Komisarek who played a good game. O'Byrne skated well but took himself right out of the play twice without paying a price when attempting to nail opponents solidly. There was also a big hit by Marvin Degon on Kostitsyn.

The second game was won by the Reds 3-2 and Price was in goal for the Whites.

Lapierre scored the 2goals for the whites and played a heck of a game. He was everywhere on the ice. He scored one goal on a beautiful shot from the slot and on his other goal, he jammed the puck in between the post and the goalies's pad with very little room to manoeuver.

The three goals for the Reds were scored by Kostitsyn, Valentenko and Latendresse.

Kostitsyn scored a picture goal. He froze dman #24 and used him as a screen to beat Danis with a wicked shot from midway between the two circles.

Valentenko also impressed me. He skated very well and played a good game defensively. His slap shot from the left side surprised Price for the second goal by the Reds.

On the third goal by the Reds, Kostitsyn went behind the goal with the puck skated around the corner and made a perfect pass to Latendresse in front of the net who beat Price on a quick shot without warning.

There was also a huge hit by Bouillon of the White team on Jon Gleed. The Habs regulars Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Markov etc... didn't look bad but, as expected, weren't playing all out in those two games.

All in all, it was a good effort by the young players. Lots of skating and hitting but the passing and playmaking left a bit to be desired.

I expect the rookies to continue honing their skills in the remaining two days of intrasquad games and hopefully the regulars will play harder in the two games against the Pens next Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by sainteflanelle

I'm just back from the Pierrefonds 4plexe where the Habs played two 40-minute intrasquad games.

I left the first game with 8 minutes left to play because I wanted to have a seat for the second game on rink #2. I don't know how that game ended but the score was 1-0 in favor of the Whites when I left. The goal was scored by Ryan White whose grand-father was sitting on the next seat on my right and he was quite happy about that. A precise shot from his left wing position just at the bottom of the circle.

Everybody skated hard and there was a lot of hitting in that first game but little cohesion on either side. They all looked like kids playing free hockey at the neighbourhood park.

Begin applied some solid bodychecks but was himself nailed by Komisarek who played a good game. O'Byrne skated well but took himself right out of the play twice without paying a price when attempting to nail opponents solidly. There was also a big hit by Marvin Degon on Kostitsyn.

The second game was won by the Reds 3-2 and Price was in goal for the Whites.

Lapierre scored the 2goals for the whites and played a heck of a game. He was everywhere on the ice. He scored one goal on a beautiful shot from the slot and on his other goal, he jammed the puck in between the post and the goalies's pad with very little room to manoeuver.

The three goals for the Reds were scored by Kostitsyn, Valentenko and Latendresse.

Kostitsyn scored a picture goal. He undressed a dman (?) out of his shorts and beat Price on a wicked shot from in front of the goal a little past the slot.

Valentenko also impressed me. He skated very well and played a good game defensively. His slap shot from the left side surprised Price for the second goal by the Reds.

On the third goal by the Reds, Kostitsyn went behind the goal with the puck skated around the corner and made a perfect pass to Latendresse in front of the net who beat Price on a quick shot without warning.

There was also a huge hit by Bouillon of the White team on Jon Gleed. The Habs regulars Koivu, Kovalev, Ryder, Markov etc... didn't look bad but, as expected, weren't playing all out in those two games.

All in all, it was a good effort by the young players. Lots of skating and hitting but the passing and playmaking left a bit to be desired.

I expect the rookies to continue honing their skills in the remaining two days of intrasquad games and hopefully the regulars will play harder in the two games against the Pens next Monday and Tuesday.

I noticed late last season when Latendresse & Kostitsyn were on the ice together, that there seemed to be some good chemistry.

When did they play together? I remember Higgins Pleks Kosty looking great.

Who centered them today?

Great update, Thanks

Lats sometimes took shifts with Pleks and Kosty last year.

I noticed late last season when Latendresse & Kostitsyn were on the ice together, that there seemed to be some good chemistry.

All the young guys seem to have great chemistry with eachother. I'll most likely be there tomorrow so it should be fun - I really hate how you have to switch back and forth from rink to rink though - you keep losing your seat.

PS: reports are saying D'Agostini and Kovalev had great chemistry together.

Any vids from today's intrasquad games?

http://video.canada.com/VideoContent.aspx?...fl=&popup=1

source: habsinsideout.com

Edit: link doesn't work. Visit habsinsideout & click Video file: Day one at camp

Edited by mathieu30