Game Thread | Montreal vs. Islanders | 09/19/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is fridays game gunna have same linup against pittsburgh(2nd game)

Doubt it. Last night Valentenko was suppose to play. But, Bonneau went in to fill a different role. Slowly but surely, certain players will be shifted and lines will change to prepare for cuts. Do they play Beauregard for 3 games in a row? If they do you know the org is very high on him.

We lost but Sergei scoring was good enough :)

:hlogo:

I really liked Streit on Defense tonight. Good effort by Andrei Kostitsyn...

I only watched the 3rd period, but I also liked what I've seen from Streit and AK. I also liked SK, he has great offensive potential. Could gain some muscles tho. Ferland and Milroy are going back to the Hamilton that's fore sure...

I thought Gorges did well on D too. He was good against Pittsburgh too. My guess is that he won'T go to Hamilton. He'll be our 7th or 8th D here.

Edited by Punkned

Well sounds like I did not miss much although I would love to see the S Kosty goal highlight was it any good.

At 4:43 of the third period.. Kosty sniped one with a wicked wrist shot past Wade Dubielewicz.

Nice to see from Sergie!

I was about twenty feet from Sergei when he did it and YES it was NICE! Anybody know what happend to Valentenko? He just kinda dissapeared after the first.

Again 3 goals were scored against us 5-5.

One good thing is that except for the first five minutes the habs kept disciplined.

How about get the Power Play scoring some goals ?? We all knew that Souray lost would be hard but

this issue has to be resolve fast. In the third we had three PP chances and none succeed. One good thing

that i saw was AK was playing point wich is a good thing but nobody went in front of the net.

Lil #### scored, good thing, played in PP and with the team second line center. Good experience, he can take

it to Hamilton and build on this.

Our guys were getting crushed with hits especially AK and Plek were targetted, i don't like Murray but he stood up.

Grabovski didn't succeed centering AK and Kovy. Locke should have the same chance to proove himself.

Lahti vu ?? non l'a pas vu...

Just wondering how Huet looked as all I read is Danis played well.

He played better in the Pittsburgh game. I'm not worried though. Huet will be ready when the season starts.

Edited by mathieu30

Where did Kovalev go? I'm sure we won't see him again until late October. That game sounded alot like last years, totally dominated in the first, then skating around until time winds down.

Will these guys ever learn it's a 60 minute game?

I have clients on the psych unit who can learn faster then these guys.

Just wondering, you guys think Danis is better then Halak? So far in pre-season I liked Danis better.

I dunno, but Danis and the Habs couldn't have better timing. The Price/Halak conundrum has a new participant - Danis. Danis might make it eassier for BOb to move out Halak if that's in the cards. However, Huet and Price would have to platoon in goal IMO. Not very likely. But Danis creates stability for a future decision. Maybe Danis will be the goalie we include in a trade.

I don't see why we couldn't keep both as backup until we are sure, Price can go down and Danis and Halak can share the backup duties.

We really need a bruiser to protect some of our players, Laraque should have been an instant pickup for us.

Don't be fooled by Laraque's performance the other night. He failed miserably in the playoffs last year for Pittsburgh and that failure, in part, led to the Senators playing a more physical game than the Pens... that is, more physical than they should have been allowed to get away with. Had Laraque done his job, he wouldn't have been a healthy scratch for the last 4 games, and the Pens might have had more success.

I agree that we need to pick up someone that can fight, because right now, Komi is our best bet. Murray will fight, but I'm never confident that he'll fare well.

I wonder if O'Byrne can scrap?

Don't be fooled by Laraque's performance the other night. He failed miserably in the playoffs last year for Pittsburgh and that failure, in part, led to the Senators playing a more physical game than the Pens... that is, more physical than they should have been allowed to get away with. Had Laraque done his job, he wouldn't have been a healthy scratch for the last 4 games, and the Pens might have had more success.

I agree that we need to pick up someone that can fight, because right now, Komi is our best bet. Murray will fight, but I'm never confident that he'll fare well.

I wonder if O'Byrne can scrap?

You really want one of our most valuable assets throwing knuckles with all the untalented bruisers in the league? All it takes is one punch and he could injure his hand and be gone for months if not seasons. Laraque is a fighter, maybe the best in the league. Murray isnt a good player and he isnt a good fighter and I wouldn't put my hopes on Obyrne either.

You really want one of our most valuable assets throwing knuckles with all the untalented bruisers in the league? All it takes is one punch and he could injure his hand and be gone for months if not seasons. Laraque is a fighter, maybe the best in the league. Murray isnt a good player and he isnt a good fighter and I wouldn't put my hopes on Obyrne either.

I never said that. All I said is that Komi is our best fighter. And sure Laraque can fight, but I think Murray is a better player. Not that either one of them really contributes offensively. I agree that we could use an enforcer-type player, but I wouldn't want to see it at the cost of one of our more talented players. In the meantime, we'll have to intimidate the good old fashioned way... with solid hitting and a physical game.

I dunno, but Danis and the Habs couldn't have better timing. The Price/Halak conundrum has a new participant - Danis. Danis might make it eassier for BOb to move out Halak if that's in the cards. However, Huet and Price would have to platoon in goal IMO. Not very likely. But Danis creates stability for a future decision. Maybe Danis will be the goalie we include in a trade.

I suspect that Danis' play is going to help him be used as trade bait, not be the guy who sticks around (either here or in Hamilton) if one of the goalies is going to leave. My guess would be that BG will do his best to keep Halak and trade Danis, but if another team is insisting on Halak (and the trade rumours for goalies all include Halak right now, not Danis) than Gainey may go with it if he wants what the other team is offering badly enough...

My ohter feeling is that Carbo is trying to raise Danis' stock by saying he's been the best goalie on the team through the exhibition games, so that other teams will pay attention to him, and so that the other goalies will feel pushed to work harder and play better...

How is Komi the Habs best fighter? He has been in like 5 fights in his career

This might be due to the fact that not many want to go toe-to-toe with Komi. The fact that Komi stands out to me as one of (if not the best) fighters on the team doesn't say much for our fighters.

Chris, if not Komi, then who? Murray? Begin? Lats? Seriously, who are teams afraid to fight?

This might be due to the fact that not many want to go toe-to-toe with Komi. The fact that Komi stands out to me as one of (if not the best) fighters on the team doesn't say much for our fighters.

Chris, if not Komi, then who? Murray? Begin? Lats? Seriously, who are teams afraid to fight?

Habs don't have anyone in that catagory and Murray is just taking up space. When the oilers decided not to resign Laraque that was our chance to get him for nothing.

Habs don't have anyone in that catagory and Murray is just taking up space. When the oilers decided not to resign Laraque that was our chance to get him for nothing.

I agree we don't have anyone in that category, but Laraque was UFA more than a year ago... If we're starting to worry about things we could have done in the past, it's gonna be a long, long thread...

I would expect Kostopolos to drop gloves from time to time, not against heavyweight

but against middleweight in order to step up for his team mates. If he can fit that role

we absolutely don't need Murray.

I hate when Komo goes fighting, sure he has to do it sometimes but he is too valuable on the ice.