Game Thread | Montreal vs. Islanders | 09/19/07

Spider-Man NL

The habs don't have anyone who is scary to fight. That is the problem. Currently i would sign Colton Orr. The Habs arer fine under the cap and there is no reason he can't be the last roster spot. He will be needed in 30-40 games a year.

I would even trade Bouillon and Dandy for one.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The habs don't have anyone who is scary to fight. That is the problem. Currently i would sign Colton Orr. The Habs arer fine under the cap and there is no reason he can't be the last roster spot. He will be needed in 30-40 games a year.

I would even trade Bouillon and Dandy for one.

I am not sure why everyone keeps mentioning Colton Orr .... i am pretty sure he is signed with the rangers again

I agree we don't have anyone in that category, but Laraque was UFA more than a year ago... If we're starting to worry about things we could have done in the past, it's gonna be a long, long thread...

We also had need of a fighter back then but nothing happened. If you don't learn from past mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.

Did he? I read in the summer that he was a UFA, and had know idea he re signed with the Rangers.

Then it may have to be a trade.

TSN profile says it signed an extension in April of '07 ....... and he's on the rangers webpage, so i assume he's off the market..... i don't think there is much in the way of enforcers around, unless we trade for one, or sign some minor league animal.... more then a few teams have more then one tough guy at there camps, perhaps we could sign one after they are cut or sent to the minors

We also had need of a fighter back then but nothing happened. If you don't learn from past mistakes you are doomed to repeat them.

True enough, but focusing on an enforcer that we *could* have signed, that *might* have helped us out is a moot point. Furthermore, the jury is still out on whether enforcers are a necessity. Sure, certain instances may call for enforcers, but such reactions don't have the desired effects. I vote for more talent in the line-up, with plenty of grit and guys that can step up only when necessary.

In my opinion, Orr would be a great addition because then nobody (especially ORPIC) would be attempting an elbow to Koivu's head.

And orr has resigned with NYR 450k one year.

Edited by MMPL

Sorry, Im totally changing the subject but i got a question bout habsworld.

Is there a link that opens habsworld from canadiens.nhl.com....... if there isn't I think we should try to get them to make one so there will be more members on habworld forums. Agree?

Habs don't need a fighter. Habs players fight when they need too. We all saw it, Latendresse, Komisarek, Bouillon, they all drop the gloves when they need too, getting a player who drops the gloves for no reason is not needed in my opinion.

Is there a link that opens habsworld from canadiens.nhl.com....... if there isn't I think we should try to get them to make one so there will be more members on habworld forums. Agree?

That might be cool but Canadiens already have thier own offical message board I doubt they would put habsworld on it.

I think it's fine as is as well. If ppl find their way here, all the better and it's great having them, but at the same time, this forum already has a lot of intelligent posters and we have a great conversation going as is, so it's not really necessary.

And I think I might have liked things more before the expansion of these boards. In the past few months, the number of posters has skyrocketed.

I suspect that Danis' play is going to help him be used as trade bait, not be the guy who sticks around (either here or in Hamilton) if one of the goalies is going to leave. My guess would be that BG will do his best to keep Halak and trade Danis, but if another team is insisting on Halak (and the trade rumours for goalies all include Halak right now, not Danis) than Gainey may go with it if he wants what the other team is offering badly enough...

My ohter feeling is that Carbo is trying to raise Danis' stock by saying he's been the best goalie on the team through the exhibition games, so that other teams will pay attention to him, and so that the other goalies will feel pushed to work harder and play better...

I know i'm replying to myself, but I've just been giving what I wrote yesterday more thought, and here's what I figure: If the Habs send Danis down to Hamilton, they will lose him on waivers. I really believe that the two goalies Carbo wants to keep this season are Huet and Halak, so they're probably trying to trade Danis before the season starts. that said, if they can't trade him, I think they are more likely to start with Huet and Danis, and send Halak down until they find a suitable trade option for Danis. At that point, Halak will be called back up to play with Huet... but I don't think they'll risk losing Danis for nothing...

All of this is of course based on the assumption that Halak still can't doesn't have to clear waivers if he's sent down. Can someone confirm?

He does have to clear waivers. I don't think there is any chance he stays with the big club, Price and Halak both need ice time and having them both in Hamilton isn't the way to do it. They will trade or Danis will get picked up on waivers. He is a good goalie but he has 2 young goalies ahead of him. It's an unfortunate numbers game. Maybe he'll get a better shot with another team.

If Carbo daid he didn't need a fighter i must disagree with him on that one. The Habs players keep getting drilled and there is never a response. Some habs will get hurt by a borderline or cheap shot and there won't be a response. That is a big problem in my book.

He does have to clear waivers. I don't think there is any chance he stays with the big club, Price and Halak both need ice time and having them both in Hamilton isn't the way to do it. They will trade or Danis will get picked up on waivers. He is a good goalie but he has 2 young goalies ahead of him. It's an unfortunate numbers game. Maybe he'll get a better shot with another team.

I know Danis has to clear waivers, but does Halak?

If not, maybe BG will send Halak down just so he doesn't lose Danis for nothing while he tries to trade him quickly (if unable to get something done by the end of training camp, then early in the season). He could get something useful back for Danis I think, or make him part of a package, and it would be a shame to lose him for nothing.

I know Danis has to clear waivers, but does Halak?

If not, maybe BG will send Halak down just so he doesn't lose Danis for nothing while he tries to trade him quickly (if unable to get something done by the end of training camp, then early in the season). He could get something useful back for Danis I think, or make him part of a package, and it would be a shame to lose him for nothing.

The next 3 days should solve that big "who will play where?" dilemma.

if understand the wiaver rules correctly, Halak has 2 more years (including this one) before he would have to be placed on waivers

You understand very well better than the Torah I bet.

Edited by JMMR