Officiating

rocketrichard

I am disgusted with the amount of illeagal checking that is going on without the proper penalties. Last series with Travis Green on Andrei Markov and then Zednik got cross-checked in the back of the head and today Andre Roy elbowed him and he was hurt. These should've been 5 minutes and a game for intent to injure. I'm not saying that Montreal hasn't gotten away with some penalties but if they had gotten them they would have been minors for holding or something. The refs were talking about cracking down on penalties and they only cracked down on the weenie ones and all the majour ones have been missed. Betman has got to do something about this!

You know what? your right. Not alot of people think about this stuff thats going on. The league says that they're going to crack down on this, but it doesn't seem like they're doing a great job. Lot's of things missed. and dont forget that elbow to markov's head AGAIN in the tampa series. I'm pretty discusted too!

• 3 weeks later...

The NHL constantly complains about how scoring is down. The keep trying to come up with plans to increase goal scoring. All they have to do is force the refs to call the penalties. Guys can't skate more than 10 yards without getting held up somehow. It is sickening. At times I feel like I am watching an NBA game (:puke:).

If they call obstruction penalties, players will stop doing it all the time. Players will be able to skate again. They will be able to set up offense and create more scoring chances.

It's as simple as that in my opinion.