Contest

Peter Puck

Before Higgins' injury last year, Higgins-Koivu-Ryder were all plus players. Ryder's terrible defensively, Koivu is so-so (at least he's our best faceoff guy so he's not chasing the puck from the get go) and Higgins is solid in his own end. Ryder & Koivu started going in the minus when Latendresse was promoted to the top line, and Higgins never had a very long period of being back at 100% before his shoulder injury.

Bouillon will get a shot because the team likes him. If he struggles early, that could change. Gorges might make the opening day lineup if Brisebois continues to struggle with his groin or other injuries:

Markov-Komi

Gorges-Hamr

Bouillon-Streit

Actually Higgins got injured against the Devils his status before and after that game was 0+/- Koivu was a -2 and Ryder was a -3. (A span of 13 games)

Edited by JMMR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys realy don't have muc hfaith in O'Byrne - I'd be extremely surprised if he's cut. Dandenault is going to be traded soon while Bouillon, Gorges and Brisebois fight for the last spot. I think Brisebois was brought in as more of an assistant for the coaches though.

I really think BG has confidence in O'Bryne too, and I'd be REALLY mad at BG if he cuts O'Byrne.

Also i hope brisebois gets sent down.

And BTW what makes you think that Dandy is going to get delt?

Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kost

Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev

Latendresse - Smolinski - Kostopoulos (will eventually drop to the 4th line... we need a talented RW or LW there)

Begin - Chipchura - Lapierre

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - Streit

Bouillon - Dandenault

Brisebois - IR (will replace Dandy, when back from injury)

Gorges (RDS guys still call him Jeff, I believe in his chances only if both Dandy and Cube go... His upside is better... but right now, they have the edge because of their "experience".)

O'Byrne (will be the first called up if something happens... will become dependable upon his callup.)

considering waivers and one way contracts, I think you are going to be disappointed.

Well then i hope he's a healthy scratch, haha.

BTW (this way off topic but) How much $$$ does Price make a year and when is his contract up?

Okay with Milroy being sent down, I'm guessing the team will be:

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn Plekanec Ryder

Latendresse Smolinski Kostopoulos

Begin Lapierre Murray

Grabovski

Markov Komisarek

Hamrlik Streit

Bouillon Dandenault

Gorges

Brisebois

Huet

Halak

Well then i hope he's a healthy scratch, haha.

BTW (this way off topic but) How much $$$ does Price make a year and when is his contract up?

I'll be kind enough to give you this little gift : www.nhlnumbers.com

enjoy

This is what I really hope the Roster looks like...Come start of the 07/08 Season

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Ryder

Grabovski-Smolinski-Latendresse

Begin-Lapierre-Kostoupoulis

Call Ups: Chipchura, D'Agostini

Markov-Komisarek

Hammer-Streit

Dandy-Boullion

Huet

Halak

Price isn't going to make it....it's clear that if hes going to make it, he's going to be the starting goalie. I would prefer to see him playing a full season in the AHL as opposed to playing half the games in the NHL. If the team tanks this season, by all means dish Huet at the deadline and let the kid go to work, however chances of that happening are slim to none. It's pretty clear that Smolinski is temporary, I can see Chipchura taking his spot next season. So with that being said, only have a few more things to say...

1) Woo Hoo To RDS HD!!! :D ..got a Rogers HD Box at my place, and getting a 37 Inch LG Lcd HDTV today

2) Well, well, well...what happened to the ass-sucking Leaf Nation supporters at TSN...all of a sudden 22 televised Canadiens games..more than Leafs :wacko:

3) GO HABS GO! , I'll be back posting come season start!!

I am concerned on Carbonneau plan, or even more is lack of plan on ocober 3

line up against Carolina.

With the recents cuts and Carbo comments on Lapierre it looks like Carbo doesn't

appreciate Lapierre performance and globally his play at center position.

What is concern me even more is that he is still playing Grabovski center and playing

Smolinski on the wing.

I don't understand why Grabovski is not moved to the wing, his speed is an asset at center postition on a

European ice. On a smaller ice he gets pushed around way too easily, even more on defensive situation.

Smolinski should be considered our third line center and should develop chemistry with some teammates

rather soon than later.

If Lapierre has to be moved on the wing it has to be done now. Way better option than Murray on the fourth line.

My line up against slow defense Hurricanes would be the fastest team we can put there.

Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev

Kots-Plek-Ryder

Latendresse-Smolinski-Grabovski

Bégin-Chips-Lapierre

Komo-Markov

Streit-Hammer

Dandenault-Gorges

Huet

Halak

I agree, O'Byrne is NHL ready and people are underestimating him just because he was once considered a project. He would do well on Hamrlik's right and that would leave Streit and Bouillon (or Gorges - just for you, Chris) on the bottom pairing.

Thanks BTH, I would much rather have Gorges then Bouillon. Younger, better skater, smarter, not as tough on the boards.

I agree. With O'Byrne and Gorges, I would SOOO Much rather have both of them playing and let Dandy and Bouillon go... now if we could just figure out how to get rid of them. I know we could waive them, but I doubt BG will do it (too much of a gentleman (unfortunately sometimes)) and I don't know whether he'll get any takers for them with their salaries... I do think they're both examples of fringe players who are overpaid, which is something BG does every so often...

Just read the Gazette - Brisebois will be on the 2nd pairing w. Hamrlik if all goes well tonight.

Guess that means O'Byrne's heading to the AHL

It sure seems to look that way. Unless BG pulls the trigger on some d-man trades.

Does O'Byrne have to clear waivers first?

If he does he will be snatched up.

Nah, the only reason they might send him down is because he's the only one who wouldn't have to. I'm sure Gainey's trying to deal Dandenault though, I still think O'Byrne is staying.