The vanished...

Easy Ryder

Some players have been over exposed and some completely diseappeared from the radar.

Locke was doing good, never had a decent winger in his two games , while Grabovski has been

on almost every line up.

Lahti failed to outshine the young player and they gave up on him, playing litlle #### all the time.

Mathieu Biron did not even got one game.

No news from Valentenko, he showed up a game and diseappered after that was he hurt??

Aubin, Bonneau, Desharnais and Lemieux are just there to upgrade the % of french players

at he camp. It is just to shut the french media down.

Aubin, Bonneau, Desharnais and Lemieux are just there to upgrade the % of french players

at he camp. It is just to shut the french media down.

in all fairness to bonneau and aubin, they've been drafted by mtl. lemieux and desharnais have ahl contracts.

maybe theres a little of trying to shut the french media up but invited them cust little to what they could bring to the club.

To be honest I'm not surprised that Lahti struggled, as you're saying. It's not easy for a player to adapt to the NHL with no prior North American hockey experience, unless they're extremely talented.

Kind of highlights how silly some of the proposed lineups that we were all making in the offseason were, I seem to remember many with Lahti pencilled in on the second/third line.

I'm pretty sure we'll here about lahti and valentenko in no time. liek smon said, they just need to adapt to and bigger schedule.

Locke was a bit confusing, because they played him at centre in pre-season mostly. Last year, Gainey basically said that Locke's chances of making the NHL were as a winger, not a centre. Oh well, he'll get another shot next year (his last chance).

Lemieux is also signed by the Habs, BTW, he just was an undrafted junior that they signed a couple years back. Desharnais is a tryout with no contract (likely will be signed by Hamilton, though).

Locke was doing good, never had a decent winger in his two games , while Grabovski has been on almost every line up. Mathieu Biron did not even got one game.

Locke isn't in the plans of the team. His only NHL hope is to get picked on waivers. He's a carreer AHLer IMO, but will probably have a great minor-pro career.

No news from Valentenko, he showed up a game and diseappered after that was he hurt??

That surprised me too. Maybe it was decided soon during the camp that he needs to play a year at the AHL level to adapt to NA.

I think I read somewhere that Biron was injured. That's why he didn't get any ice-time.

The one guy that I was surprised didn't play more was Valentenko. Also, I forgot to mention last week that Degon played fairly well in the Moncton game. He is years away but he seemed like a good player.

Milroy, Locke, Cote, Danis, Ferland, etc missed their shot. These guys are career AHLers now - if you mix them in with all the prospects joining the team and the veterans like Baines and Manlow - our farm team is stacked. With in goal this year, their chances of repeating are looking very good. I know most people don't care much about having a good AHL team but it's good to know that we have almost a complete team of adequate NHL call-ups. It's good to be able to have that depth.

Milroy, Locke, Cote, Danis, Ferland, etc missed their shot. These guys are career AHLers now - if you mix them in with all the prospects joining the team and the veterans like Baines and Manlow - our farm team is stacked. With in goal this year, their chances of repeating are looking very good. I know most people don't care much about having a good AHL team but it's good to know that we have almost a complete team of adequate NHL call-ups. It's good to be able to have that depth.

It is important becuase it prepares the players for long seasons and extended playoff runs.

I think Locke (and possibly Milroy) will get another chance to show what they got before management gives up on them. Cote is still relatively young for a d-man, but you're right, given the amount of d-men drafted in the last two years, i think his ship has sailed as far as a spot on CH. Ferland is done too, now Danis I feel particularly bad about. The kid may be good enough to be a backup on many NHL teams NOW, yet he is but a #4 here - hard to even get him exposure, let alone trade him for anything of remotely comparable value, as evidenced by passing the waivers unclaimed (he was eligible to get plucked, right?). It may be more of a case of not getting enough of a shot then missing one. JMO.

I think we've gotta look at the training camp from a different perspective than in previous years. With the quantity of pretenders for the few spots available; the competition is much tougher and the staff seems to be much harsher toward prospects. Just look at Lapierre. The guy was supposed to be a lock but Carbo scratched him publicly. So its no wonder many other prospects seems to have "vanished". Its not just prospects. Look at a vet like Rivers. Didn't make the grade neither, so its no wonder a Valentenko got tossed aside quickly.

And about the "french players quota" traditional biased crap... Aubin is a long-term project with a good upside; so no he's not just there to shut the french medias up. Bonneau is our only pure goon in the entire system. Desharnais is on a try-out after scoring 100+ pts two straight years for Carbo's junior team; so he's there because he has upside. Lemieux is there because of his AHL contract.

I wonder if Archer, Stewart, Gleed and Russel were just at camp to "shut the anglo medias up"?

I wonder if Archer, Stewart, Gleed and Russel were just at camp to "shut the anglo medias up"?

no.

they brought Brisebois back for the english media. :lol: