YOUR fantasy hockey pool

JoeLassister

Hi, fantasy hockey pools are ON THE WAY for 07-08.

For my part, i'll be drafting with 11 other friends on friday sept. 28th. 12 forwards, 6 dmen and 2 goalies.

We set a 65 Millions of cap space and we'll be using www.nhlnumbers.com with the annual salary and NOT the cap hit. So nobody will afford Brière, Vanek and Gomez while Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar and Stastny will be the golden players...

40$ each (480$) : 5$/month for the guy with the most points (35$), 45$ for 2nd place and a HUGE 400$ for the winner.

How works your own fantasy pool, cuz i bet everyone here got at least one...?

What is your strategy? The prizes?

Enjoy !!!

I was blacklisted from "prize pools" by my friends for winning 7 consecutive years. Now I play in the freebies and take risks doing so.

I miss the income, but not feeling guilty for winning makes up for it.

OH MY GOD !!!

We were 11 and my name came out FIRST. CROSBY BABY for 0,850 with a 65 millions cap space. While all the Sastny, Ovechkin, Malkin, Thornton, Heatley, Speza and Hossa and few goalers get picked after me, I was able to get Lundqvist and the Ottawa Senators (as my team) with 22nd and 23rd picks. I did so because i was affraid that the others would have picked their team before it came back to my turn, and for Lundqvist : Giguère, Fleury, Emery, Brodeur, Luongo and Kippu was already selected, it was him or Nabokov...

So my team looks like (in drafted order):

Crosby

Lundqvist

Ottawa Senators ( the team who wins the President's trophy gets a 15 points bonus, i bet on the Sens :( )

Iginla

Thomas Kaberle

Frolov

Michalek (I had 2 straight picks and the guy JUST before me chose Cammalleri, but i'm happy to get Michalek)

Matt Carle

Elias

Kolzig

E. Johnson

P.M. Bouchard

Corvo

HIGGINS YAAAAA 14th rounder !!!

Keith Ballard

Holmstrom

Ranger

T. Ruutu

Stoll

Sam Gagner (might surprise hardly)

Forsberg (I'm the one who dared with my last pick)

So i still have a 5-6 millions (or more if Forsberg just retire) to make 3 big trades and go get the best players who still availables aka : Selanne, Niedermayer (i will stay awake the next 200 hours just to look on the net if one of these 2 signs to be the first to post my trade on www.poolexpert.com), Gaustad, Conroy, Kane, Samsonov, J. Jokinen, Leopold, Torres, Horcoff, Parrish, etc...

Winner takes 400Can$ which is now better than US$ HA HA

Someone took Ray Emery over Henrik Lundqvist?

Even as a Sens fan, I have to ask what the hell that person is smoking. Lundqvist should've been one of the first goalies gone, two years in the NHL, two Vezina nominations, both behind a weak D. You got a good deal there, my friend.

Someone took Ray Emery over Henrik Lundqvist?

Even as a Sens fan, I have to ask what the hell that person is smoking. Lundqvist should've been one of the first goalies gone, two years in the NHL, two Vezina nominations, both behind a weak D. You got a good deal there, my friend.

I know he was # 2 on my list behing Fleury cuz of his low salary...

I know he was # 2 on my list behing Fleury cuz of his low salary...

Here's a super sleeper for you. shhh!

Jaroslav Hlinka - Colorado Avalanche

He was the Czech leagues leading scorer last season and signed as a free agent by Colorado.

If you haven't been following thier preseason games he is fitting in well and will start the season on the second line with Brunnette and Stastny or Wolski or etc etc.

My office hockey pool team:

Parise - Nylander - Alfredsson

Nagy - Richards - Jagr

Ex: Patrice Bergeron

Visnovsky - Carle

McCabe - Poti

Ex: Aucoin

Nabokov

Price