NHL Season Predictions

jetsniper

Alright, so the season officially starts in a little under 9 hours, lets get some predictions rolling before the season gets in full swing. Conference standings, individual awards, how the playoffs will play out, whatever you want. Have at 'er!

Stanley Cup Champions: Detroit Red Wings :o

Crosby and Ovechkin are 1-2 in scoring.

Leafs suck

I win my hockey pool again.

East:

Ottawa

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

NYR

Buffalo

Montreal

New Jersey

Tampa Bay

I think Atlanta will have less points than the 4th and 5th seeds and possibly the 6th, but will win the division.

What??? I thought the season started Monday!!

Well my prediction is Ottawa Versus San Jose for the cup. and this time the Sharks will take a bite out of the Senators which will propel them to realize they are losers like the Biggest losers Leafs.

Leafs will finish 73 points 13th in the East as Sundin will be injured early and their two backup goalies will choke. New guy Blake will get 13 goals and be put back on the third line. McCabe will be a -40 this year. Tucker will get K-Rexed every time they play the Habs.

This is where it pains me in predictions of the Habs. Last year I thought they would finish 6th or 7th. This year I am predicting 9th with 89 points. After watching and listening to preseason games I have made up my mind that Carbo gets outcoached every game. The only thing that will allow the Habs to finish this high is that they have a good network of netminders. Scoring 5on5 will not have changed and the Power play will be worse. MOST IMPORTANTLY, they never addressed their need for either skilled or tougher big forwards.

Anybody remember how tough the Ducks played on their way to last years cup?

Ya I'm tough too, now i'm off for some double fudge cookies and a cup of tea :can: :ghg: :hockey::o

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

silly america

yeah the first game was around noon pacific time here in the united states of canada.

same time today. noonish pacific time. I believe.

You're not even close, it started at 10 AM here. 9 AM pacific.

Just got delayed for 20 minutes because the lights didn't work but the game had still started by 10:30. Same with today, started at 10, 1-0 Ducks with 4 minutes left in the 1st.

Fanpuck, you probably got to split it with Canada. We get the Saturday game, US gets the Sunday game because it's not on TV today in Canada.

Season technically starts on Wednesday IAF. ;)

NE

Ottawa

Buffalo

Montréal

Toronto

Boston

Atlantic

NYR

Pitt

NJ

Philly

NYI

SE

Carolina

Tampa

Atlanta

Florida

Washington

Central

Detroit

St Louis

Nashville

Chicago

Columbus

NW

Vancouver

Calgary

Colorado

Minny

Edmonton

Pacific

Ducks

SJ

Dallas

LA

Phoenix

anaheim loses in the first round

ottawa trades heatley to boston for chara.

we will NOT trade koivu, dandenault and halak for marl;eau, or lecavalier or richards... SO QUIT IT!!

Washington will get the 8th spotin the east.

sutter will be fired with two games remaning.

paul maurice will be the 1st coach fired...will be replaced by quinn.

bertuzzi will sucker punch avery to become an NHL hero !!