Game Thread | Montreal vs. Carolina | 10/03/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Brisebois wearing 71 and not his own 43?

Most of the places Ive read on have us in 8th spot and that suprised me.

Kosty and Grabs, here is your chance to become big, its yours to take, now take it!

I don't really care where we are ranked. 3 things need to change, if they do, i think the wins will take care of themselves. All i want to see this year is

1. Much better work ethic. Every shift every game.

2. STOP the amount of stupid hooking and holding penalties.

3. 5 on 5 has to get better.

If those 3 things happen I'llbe very satisfied and the playoffs will be there at the end of the year.

Why is Brisebois wearing 71 and not his own 43?

Most of the places Ive read on have us in 8th spot and that suprised me.

Kosty and Grabs, here is your chance to become big, its yours to take, now take it!

He is following in the footsteps of a former great habs who wore the great 71 himself. :lol:

O.K if we want to win on Wednesday we need to do one thing. Don't let Eric Cole look at the puck let alone touch it. You hear that Carbo. That's all you need to let the players know and the win is ours.

I hate the canes so much! Been hating 'em for almost two decades now... in my hate filled heart, they're still the ugly green-wearing whalers :puke: And Brind'Amour is the player I hate the most in the whole NHL can you belive I hate him more than I hate Tucker and Neil?!

GO :hlogo: GO! CRUSH THEM WHALERS HURRICANES!

This game isn't available on local cable in Raleigh/North Carolina, believe it or not. If anyone has figured out how to sign up for the RDS.ca webcast, you should post it on any Carolina webforums you know of. Warn them it's in French, though! :lol:

I can't believe they aren't showing this game down there. Apparently it's some restriction with Versus. Fans deserve to watch the game if they can't make it to the arena in this day and age.

For anyone who has the center ice package according to the direct tv website the game will be on there in english........ I haven't been able to find a Bell or Rogers center ice schedule yet as they have not released it yet for some reason......the center ice schedules are usually the same no matter the carrier excluding blackouts.

For anyone who has the center ice package according to the direct tv website the game will be on there in english........ I haven't been able to find a Bell or Rogers center ice schedule yet as they have not released it yet for some reason......the center ice schedules are usually the same no matter the carrier excluding blackouts.

According to CenterIce package website it's a free priview for everyone untill Oct 9th. So we all get to see it.

WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/index.jsp

This game isn't available on local cable in Raleigh/North Carolina, believe it or not. If anyone has figured out how to sign up for the RDS.ca webcast, you should post it on any Carolina webforums you know of. Warn them it's in French, though! :lol:

I can't believe they aren't showing this game down there. Apparently it's some restriction with Versus. Fans deserve to watch the game if they can't make it to the arena in this day and age.

Blackouts are the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, as if not being able to get the game on tv is going to entice me to go to the arena in person.

I hate the canes so much! Been hating 'em for almost two decades now... in my hate filled heart, they're still the ugly green-wearing whalers :puke: And Brind'Amour is the player I hate the most in the whole NHL can you belive I hate him more than I hate Tucker and Neil?!

GO :hlogo: GO! CRUSH THEM WHALERS HURRICANES!

I hate Chara the most in the NHL and Downie anit far behind.

Edited by MMPL

Man i cant believe its finally here. Dying to watch this tomorrow night!

I have been so long for this! Can't Wait also!

And in case anybody never knew, The Hokcey News had us ranked 13th in east :angry: WE'll show them wrong!

GO HABS GO!!!!!! :hlogo:

GO HABS !!

may we score our 1st hat trick on the first game... NOT ON THE LAST ONE!! :angry:

1ST GOAL FOR GRABS

The biggest problem with missing the playoffs is the off season is too damn long! Great to have that puck dropping again. Love the new lines. Way better looking than anything we all projected in my opinion. Who would have thought the young guys would have done so well in camp. Very impresseive "potential" as alot have pointed out. Here's to a season to shock the hell out of non-believers everywhere. What is the CH for? Champions of hockey! Don't forget it!

Go Habs Go !!!

PS

Bless the cable guys for RDS !! $3 a month, once again this year. Who would ever say no?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I can't wait for puck drop!!!....The Habs are back and improved!!

It will be interesting to see what the line of (46)Kostitsyn - (59)Grabovski - (27)Kovalev can do??....Lots of skill...they looked good in preseason but we will see tomorrow night...good chemistry but will they gel in the regular season?....its way to early to tell but will see!

Also there is a one on one interview with Kovy on tsn.ca....he says he and Carbo are on the same page and he's heading into the season with a new attitude!....He says he likes his new linemates and the way they played in preseason and he hope that it carries over into the season!...This is good to hear for habs fans!....Probably a wake up call from Gainey the other day!....He might finally want to play afterwards?

I predict a 4-2 Habs win!!!......Smolinski, Grabovski, Higgins, Markov.....Koivu with 2 assists! GO HABS GO :hlogo:

Edited by Harding_27

It should be exciting?

BTW are the hurricanes considered one of are rivals?

I think our rivals would be:

a) Toronto

b)Boston

c)Pittsburgh

It should be exciting?

BTW are the hurricanes considered one of are rivals?

I think our rivals would be:

a) Toronto

b)Boston

c)Pittsburgh

Why Pittsburgh?

spring 2006 is why the 'Canes are our rivals (and should hate them soooo much)

This will be a tough game, Carolina is not a force at defense but they sure have a good goalie

and a damn good offense.

Staal and Brind'Amour are two center hard to contain.

On the road Carbo will not have the last word on the lines and this can hurt if Grabovski and Koivu

line are facing opponents best lines.

I would be less worried with Smolinski at center position for this game.

I still don't like the lines Higgins-Plek-Kots was and is still the best line we can have on the ice.

Time to see what they are made off. Go Habs Go.

...and Ryder will score the first goal.